Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How to work out?

Hi Bullshido, I'm a 15 year old Taekwondo practitioner. I'm currently not training in Taekwondo because its summer, but I work out every day on my own just to stay into shape, but I'm not really sure how to.

What I do is I do a bunch of variations of push ups, crunches for five minutes and air squats every day, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to be doing. And I also go running/jump rope for cardio occasionally, but I don't get enough time to do that as a routine.

Peace.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Style
    Combat Cuddling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Do strong lifts, keep stretching, get strong and never look back.

http://stronglifts.com/

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    Welcome to Bullshido. Do strong lifts, keep stretching, get strong and never look back.

http://stronglifts.com/
    Thanks for that man, I'm gonna start hitting the gym starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Crap, the only one I can do is the third one, and much slower...

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you find go with a plan that lays out a routine for you (what exercises to do and when to do them) and tells you how to properly increase weight/intensity and when to do it. Stronglifts is a great source, I've made more progress (strength gains) with it in 9 months than in years of just doing random exercises that guys have told me are good to do. You can find crappy info everywhere about diet and exercises but if you don't know how and when to modify what you're doing you're most likely wasting your time.