Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 10:40pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

*Spoilers* Brock vs Carwin, could it be fixed?

Guys I want to first say that I don't know a lot about how the ufc system works. I mean is it totally under Dana's control, or there are some other institutes that governs over some things or whatever.
    So by talking about this I may be acting stupid however I would be very happy if someone enlightens me about this.

What I saw in the first round of the fight was Carwin kicking Brock's ass and he couldn't do anything about it.

I was like "yeah its finished" "yeah yeah now finished" "oooh now its finished for sure"
    but the fight was still going on, brock wasn't really defending himself consciously imo, he was just covering his face.

I have seen MANY fights that would be stopped a lot earlier. But this one went on.

And then Carwin got tired, however the second round was like a joke. He was like a zombie he didn't do anything at all to stop Brock. I ve seen people get tired like **** before too but this one was really strange.

This was the most ridiculous fight i ve ever seen.

However i want to add, i m not trying to prove anything these are just my opinions.

And I would like to hears yours and would be happy if you'd enlighten me.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 12:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock was defending himself intelligently in my opinion. He kept his hands up and pushed Carwin away whenever he could. You're going to take some shots in the position he was in.

Carwin, in my opinion, was just outsmarted. Brock took everything he had and his confidence was crushed. I predicted Brock would win in the 2nd round. Only I thought it was going to be a KO and not a submission.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 3:03am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It could possibly be a bad call on the part of the ref. Honestly, Brocks inexperience at protecting himself from the back made him look like he was just laying there taking a beating sometimes. Your thread title is, however, unnecessarily confrontational, as it implies there is more to this than a possible bad call on the part of the ref.

It isn't the first time that a ref has been accused of letting a fight go on that should possibly be stopped, and if he had stopped it and Brock had just gotten up then we would be arguing wether it was an early stoppage or not. The implications that the UFC had fixed the fight (on this thread and others) are just silly, as there is no evidence to suggest they did have anything to do with the result.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 3:54am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by docwolfe View Post
    Brock was defending himself intelligently in my opinion.
    We really must have been watching a different fight. When he curled up in fetal position with his hands over his head, RIGHT THEN that fight was over.

Any certified MMA ref's on here want to comment?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 4:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so lets say if i'd join ufc as a fighter, and as soon as the fight starts i would turtle on the ground covering my face and pulling my knees in(like a ball), and survive for 3 rounds somehow, would you call me "a very elusive fighter" or "ground defense master" or what?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    so lets say if i'd join ufc as a fighter, and as soon as the fight starts i would turtle on the ground covering my face and pulling my knees in(like a ball), and survive for 3 rounds somehow, would you call me "a very elusive fighter" or "ground defense master" or what?
    I'd call you a guy who just took a 15-minute beating to no particular end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 4:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    I'd call you a guy who just took a 15-minute beating to no particular end.
    instead of, a guy who just defended himself for 15-minutes

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 5:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It just so happens that fetuses are shaped to minimize punishment...

Face it, tactical retreat in MMA includes being on one's back. Boxing matches aren't called as soon as the outboxer gets stuck in the corner for a time, and ippon isn't called for good kuzushi. Brock was in a bad position under heavy fire, but if a willing and able professional fighter shouldn't be allowed to continue, I'm not sure if I'm watching a combat sport any more.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 5:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    instead of, a guy who just defended himself for 15-minutes
    What's your point, exactly?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 5:52am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Listen mate,

If you really want to fixate on a conspiracy theory why not go the whole hog and say Carwin was in on it as well?

You could use the fact that he winked at Brock as he came out for the second round and then proceeded to do literally nothing until he tapped out!

Or you could come back to the real world where an arguably bad decision not to stop the fight was made, Carwin gassed and got taken out by a fighter you don't like.

In alll honestly I am more pissed with Carwin for having no plan B than I am with the ref for not stopping the fight when it should IMO have been stopped.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast