Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I gotz mah yellow belt!!!!!

    Obviously in judo, so now i am a complete newb instead of an awfull newb.

    The coach made us do all the breakfalls, then we did our 5 pins and 9 throws, after that there was randori on the ground and standing up and that was that.


  2. #2
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please post certificates, pics and/ or video, or it didn't happen.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Please post certificates, pics and/ or video, or it didn't happen.
    for a yellow belt ?
    that shouldnt be that hard to believe, its like saying i punched an aikidoka who gently touched my wrist in a feminine way.

    Do i at least get a tag ?

  4. #4
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really care, dude, good on you for the promotion, keep going. I'll post in this thread when I go for mine in August-September.

  5. #5
    Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option. supporting member
    datdamnmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,718
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honest_truth View Post
    for a yellow belt ?
    that shouldnt be that hard to believe, its like saying i punched an aikidoka who gently touched my wrist in a feminine way.

    Do i at least get a tag ?
    Doubt it, I believe you don't get a tag for Judo unless you are a black belt and above. I remember when I made Blue Belt in BJJ. I wanted a Blue Belt tag but JKDChick shut me down. She was like "No bitch, not until your a Purple belt!"

    Ah...those were the days.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I don't really care, dude, good on you for the promotion, keep going. I'll post in this thread when I go for mine in August-September.
    Good luck on that, and when you do, certificate, pics, videos and blood test plz.

    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Doubt it, I believe you don't get a tag for Judo unless you are a black belt and above. I remember when I made Blue Belt in BJJ. I wanted a Blue Belt tag but JKDChick shut me down. She was like "No bitch, not until your a Purple belt!"

    Ah...those were the days.
    Not to nitpick, but i always found it amusing that BJJ gets tags for purple/brown/black. While for Karate or Judo you must be black.

    Why no love for Judo brown and blue belts ? (i know yellow isnt tag worthy)

    Do you get an ammy fighter tag for competing in judo or boxing, or are they kept for MMA only ?

  7. #7
    Zapruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Marcos, Tx
    Posts
    2,356
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lawls
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    lawls
    Hurry up and get a black, i need my orange soon, its no coincidense

  9. #9
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll provide everything but the blood test. I use "recreational" drugs.

  10. #10
    ADM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,730
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in BJJ it takes fucking ages to get to that level, where as I've seen some Karate styles give their Brown out in 3.5.

    Took me 4 years so far to get my brown in Kyokushin, will take me at least another year before I can go for my Shodan.

    As for Ammy tags ... I think it only matters if you've done a kickboxing match, MMA match ... nothing else. Makes sense as well, I may have competed at Nationals a few times now (yes there are vids) and local state comps (yes I have vids) but I still think a kickboxing match would be a lot harder, and naturally MMA above that :)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO