Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kuksool Won Bullshido or the real deal?

Hey guys, I was talking to a co-worker the other day and he made a comment about training Kuksool Won... I googled it and it seems to be very comprehensive, covering striking, ground fighting, the use of weapons, accupunture, etc.

My question is, does anyone know if this system has a live training component or is it just the Korean equivalent for Bujinkan crap?

All comments are appreciated.

Thx

Style
    Univ. Florida Kickboxing
    PDS Rifles
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not as bad as bujinkan but 90% of the KSW schools are pretty bad.
    Sometimes you strike a gold nugget; my second HKD school was under the KSW banner but my master actually taught Hwalinkwan Hapkido, which was a bit more realistic with good emphasis on realistic power. However, still lacked in full contact sparring and such.

Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruun View Post
    Hey guys, I was talking to a co-worker the other day and he made a comment about training Kuksool Won... I googled it and it seems to be very comprehensive, covering striking, ground fighting, the use of weapons, accupunture, etc.

My question is, does anyone know if this system has a live training component or is it just the Korean equivalent for Bujinkan crap?

All comments are appreciated.

Thx
    Guksulwon is functionally the equivalent of the Bujinkan. Your chances of finding a school that trains alive are slim to none. There is no standard groundfighing curriculum in KSW that Bullshido could recommend. If the school offers it, it will either be crappling or possibly an outside grappling curriculum brought in by an instructor who crosstrained.

The weapons are for the most part not trained alive, and the majority of the forms are modern creations not derived from actual combative technique.:5yinyang: