Page 3 of 3 First 123
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toad44 View Post
    jnp - thanks for the info!

how have you been doing since?
    That knee has never bothered me since it recovered. I've played a fair amount of football and soccer in addition to training takedowns on it in since then.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I've got a question for you knee injury guys, as I wrote in another thread I have recently become one of you (not sure of the extent because I was hoping it would have gone away by now, off to the docs for me tonight). I was doing the stronglifts program up until recently, as you'll be aware it centres on squats/ deadlifts/ lots of exercises that require bent knees. I'm not wanting to stop exercising because I was on a fucking roll until the knee thing, so I am wondering what weight exercises you can recommend? I don't really care about overall strength at the moment, obviously without the squats it is going nowhere, so I was thinking it might be an idea just to bulk up with muscle on my upper body. Anyway, opinions and suggested programs would be helpful, cheers...
    pull ups and swimming :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I've got a question for you knee injury guys, as I wrote in another thread I have recently become one of you (not sure of the extent because I was hoping it would have gone away by now, off to the docs for me tonight). I was doing the stronglifts program up until recently, as you'll be aware it centres on squats/ deadlifts/ lots of exercises that require bent knees. I'm not wanting to stop exercising because I was on a fucking roll until the knee thing, so I am wondering what weight exercises you can recommend? I don't really care about overall strength at the moment, obviously without the squats it is going nowhere, so I was thinking it might be an idea just to bulk up with muscle on my upper body. Anyway, opinions and suggested programs would be helpful, cheers...
    Honestly i think squats is a major exercise and not doing it hinders any weight lifting program but since i am in this particular situation i have been doing all the upper body workouts in the strong lift program minus the dead lifts and squats.

I have also increased the numbers of exercises for example, i might do incline benchpress, flies or dips in workout A to add to the exercises in the strong lift program.

Page 3 of 3 First 123