Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 1:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle sword forms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Soldier vs. Ninjer???

last nite i had the opportunity to accompany an army buddy to the army combatives school for "fight night". i didnt know what to expect other than watching a bunch of guys roll around on the mats pretending to be UFC participants or MMA guys. the only think i did know at the time was that in order to participate the individual has to be combatives level 2 or 3 certified. my buddy is level 4.

most soldiers who go to this "school" are kids either straight out of high school or college with no real world experience or were to sheltered by mommy and daddy to understand the world altogether. nonetheless, kudos to them for deciding to serve.

we had been there for about an hour or so when i saw something that caught my attention. this guy was in a back corner practicing what i thought to be muy thai or other form of kickboxing. this struck me as out of place considering most other individuals were doing jjj or bjj stuff or what have you either in a pracrice match or for training. there were about 25 people there and most matches lasted 10 min or less so the rotations were fairly quick and of course **** talking had its ebb and flow.

watching this muy thai kid do his thing was... "educational" at best. here's why:
    my buddy walked up to this kid and asked him, "hey, man, wanna train together? or spar?" the kid politely refused saying, "ninjitsu has no place in the ring. i don't want to injure someone with my techniques."

with that said, the bullshit meter just topped out. ninjitsu, ring, injure... not in the amy school. might as well wear a bright pink shirt that says "hit me"

my buddy called him out on it. the match was very uneven. my buddy had to upper hand. bjj, jjj, MT and whatever else goes into army combatives.
    mind you, the kid knew how to wriggle out of some holds and counter others. however, each time he attempted to reaquire his footing, my buddy just grabbed an ankle and roll, twist, and spin into a new hold to bring the kid down to the mat. 4 min later the kid tapped out.

if i had a camera and was allowed to tape that ****, i so would! oh how i want to share that with the world.:ninjafigh

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 1:20pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xarjihn View Post
    last nite i had the opportunity to accompany an army buddy to the army combatives school for "fight night".
    the only think i did know at the time was that in order to participate the individual has to be combatives level 2 or 3 certified. my buddy is level 4.
    So why were you there?

most soldiers who go to this "school" are kids either straight out of high school or college with no real world experience or were to sheltered by mommy and daddy to understand the world altogether.
    So these "kids" are level 2 or 3 certified already but straight out of school?

my buddy walked up to this kid and asked him, "hey, man, wanna train together? or spar?" the kid politely refused saying, "ninjitsu has no place in the ring. i don't want to injure someone with my techniques."
    What is a ninja doing at this army combatives school?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 1:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    geting combatives certified is easy as buying a gun. lv 1 is ground work, sacrifice 1 week of your life. lv 2 is holds and bars, another week sacrificed. lv 3- strikes and counters... another week. lv 4 weapon intro- swords, knives, and handguns... another week. lv 5... i'm not sure.

why did i go? i was bored and my buddy asked me to.

why was a ninjer there? i don't know i'll ask him the next time i see him... assuming he isn't to busy falling out of airplanes or something.
    Last edited by xarjihn; 6/26/2010 1:43pm at .

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    geting combatives certified is easy as buying a gun. lv 1 is ground work, sacrifice 1 week of your life. lv 2 is holds and bars, another week sacrificed. lv 3- strikes and counters... another week. lv 4 weapon intro- swords, knives, and handguns... another week. lv 5... i'm not sure.

why was a ninjer there? i don't know i'll ask him the next time i see him... assuming he isn't to busy falling out of airplanes or something.
    It is not very easy to buy guns where I live.

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 1:51pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So this army combatives is all of 5 weeks of training and includes...swords? So basicly none of these guys knows more than the raw basics of how to fight? And there are ninjas hiding in the corners during training? Sounds like a party.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WRONG!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 2:57pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjers in the military? WHAT?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2010 9:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgive me i stand corrected... it's open to all service members, with or without a brain or training... go figure:israel7va

Posted On:
    6/28/2010 9:55am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, are you in the Army or some other branch of the service?