Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 11:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

preping for my brown belt test, anyone in warren ohio or neighboring towns?

long story short, i've got my brown belt test in roughly a month (sensei has been hinting at it at least, so i'm assuming roughly a month), and i need to step my game up. I've been working hard recently and wanna step my game up even more. Looking for someone for some sparring drills, helping me with pad work (i can't exactly hold the pads up myself and hit them lol) and just general martial arts goodness :D

Also looking for a permanent training partner, as i feel being able to work with people outside of my own dojo would be beneficial for me as well :D Anyways, if you're in warren, cortland, bazetta, girard, austintown, boardman (if you're willing to travel from here), howland or niles or anywhere close to these places, then drop me a line and let me know, maybe we can set something up :)

I'm not looking to fight to the death here, just someone to help me improve myself and get some training out of it themselves too :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2010 12:55am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey blood riot,

I'm not sure what "close by" means to you. My school is a little east of Toledo, maybe 2+ hours from you.

We have a Kumite Conditioning class on Wednesdays that may be similar to what you are looking for. Currently they are quite intense as they are getting ready for upcoming Nationals (next week?). Two of our students...including the guy who runs the Kumite Condition class are young, but experienced, sport kumite competitors and have medaled at the PANAM Games (one of them won gold this last year, but in the Juniors team which is up to 20 years old I think). Anyway, they usually do both sport and "dojo" sparring, but are probably focusing on sport aspect until after nationals.

Other than that we have regular classes on Tues and Thursday.

Additionally we have a few students who travel the area to train with different instructors, as you suggested you wanted to do...they find value in it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 10:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Hey blood riot,

I'm not sure what "close by" means to you. My school is a little east of Toledo, maybe 2+ hours from you.

We have a Kumite Conditioning class on Wednesdays that may be similar to what you are looking for. Currently they are quite intense as they are getting ready for upcoming Nationals (next week?). Two of our students...including the guy who runs the Kumite Condition class are young, but experienced, sport kumite competitors and have medaled at the PANAM Games (one of them won gold this last year, but in the Juniors team which is up to 20 years old I think). Anyway, they usually do both sport and "dojo" sparring, but are probably focusing on sport aspect until after nationals.

Other than that we have regular classes on Tues and Thursday.

Additionally we have a few students who travel the area to train with different instructors, as you suggested you wanted to do...they find value in it.
    hi there thanks for the reply. Eh 2 hours is too far for me :( By close to me i was thinking in any neighboring towns like maybe 10 miles away or so lol. If any of those people are interested in heading to my area then let me know and i can give them the location and days and times i'll be there :D Believe me i would love to attend that but it's just not an option for me atm :(