232567 Bullies, 4030 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 202
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    what i heard is that it's a photo of one of his sons who "looked like" him.

    your point is TOTALLY irrelevant to this discussion. please drop it, it does NOT matter.
    I figured you'd know. Irrelevancy is a bad habit of mine...apologies in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    so... did your sifu (certainly a legit sifu) trace back your lineage to at least WFH for you? IIRC it's part of the first belt test in your system to be able to recite the whole lineage.
    Yes I just tested and passed Yut Cup Sr.

    -ED
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,097

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:31pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth Dragon View Post
    If I was here to argue I'd be debating you bullet by bullet. I am just pointing out the picture in Wiki happens to be the same picture all the other sites/books about Fei Hung have, and they all claim it is "supposed" but "questionable". I wanted to know if anything knew why this picture is considered "questionable".

    -ED
    You are debating and this entire passive aggressive "what I would do" is getting tiresome.

    Someone said wiki is a terrible Source you decided to argue no it is not. Many wiki entries are well written and concerning Martial Arts are completely and utterly wrong.

    Ask Der about how hard it was to try and maintain the TKD and KMW Martial Art wikis.
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Someone said wiki is a terrible Source you decided to argue no it is not. .
    I didn't say that! I said it's where I found the picture when I went to get it.

    People smell blood in one thread and take it to others?

    -ED
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,097

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:05pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth Dragon View Post
    I didn't say that! I said it's where I found the picture when I went to get it.
    I would deconstruct your passive aggressive tendencies, but it will be much easier to remove them from a good thread.


    People smell blood in one thread and take it to others?

    -ED
    You are the only one doing that I suggest you take a little break.

    I made a summary, I forgot you get defensive and angry when questioned.


    Summary:
    Sri said please do not use wiki for a source.
    Dusty got mad at being questioned and brought up citations and credibility to some articles.

    Iif culled the stupdiity.
    A question for all of you Chinese MA guys. - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/25/2010 5:09pm at .
  5. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth Dragon View Post
    I didn't say that!
    Yeah, you did: The credibility of individual articles might vary but well written/edited articles certainly have citations to more credible stuff.

    Don't write back to argue that this means something different. One, "might vary" means that you do think a significant fraction of Wiki is credible. You're also overly impressed with citations, mainly because you don't know what you're talking about. Citations generally don't matter as they are more or less chosen arbitrarily by non-experts who don't even understand what the sources actually say. Here's an example of that happening here back in 2008:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=77576&page=2

    Don't use Wikipedia and expect to be taken seriously. The end. We will just have this discussion every single time you post something you found on Wiki so do not do it.

    As far "smelling blood" from thread to thread, it's not as though your behavior changes from thread to thread, now is it? You believe your ignorance to be superior to the knowledge other people here have.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,097

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:12pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^Awesome.
  7. Soldiermedic is offline
    Soldiermedic's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,168

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:44pm


     Style: bjj/judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Please, never use Wikipedia as a source of credible information.
    Yeah for a while my hometowns wikipedia claimed to be the birthplace of the dark magician Omadon.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 6:09pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    One, "might vary" means that you do think a significant fraction of Wiki is credible. You're also overly impressed with citations, mainly because you don't know what you're talking about. Citations generally don't matter as they are more or less chosen arbitrarily by non-experts
    http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia...3-5997332.html

    Since you guys continue to want to debate, while accusing me of this...let's go. Since Fake asked, no more passive aggressive.

    First off, we're fucking talking about a single picture of Wong Fei Hung that happened to be in his Wiki page when I posted it. Who the **** cares that I got it from Wiki. Wiki is useful 99.9% of the times its used and is COMPLETELY ACCURATE in 99.9% of its articles, because of constant peer review, THE SAME THING HAPPENS HERE ON BULLSHIDO.

    Please allow me (I have significant post graduate research experience) to correct you on something when it comes to citing sources. A vast majority of Wikipedia is credible because it has been peer reviewed and citations have been peer reviewed. Just because you may not find some of the information in it accurate/credible does not make the entire thing false.

    Because of the community nature of it, there is always some false info in there...but I could say the same of any history text or for that matter, Bullshido).

    Now it's my turn to call you all bullshitters who are posting about things you don't know: none of you know how Wikipedia works apparently, but feel free to post on it because you don't like some information there.

    Apparently you all think Nature's study was bullshit? Going to post more about things you don't understand (like the controversial nature of scholarly research at levels above high school where there is often conflicting sources and disagreements?


    http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia...3-5997332.html
  9. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 6:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hooboy... get ready for it
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,583

    Posted On:
    6/25/2010 6:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "For its study, Nature chose articles from both sites in a wide range of topics and sent them to what it called "relevant" field experts for peer review. The experts then compared the competing articles--one from each site on a given topic--side by side, but were not told which article came from which site. Nature got back 42 usable reviews from its field of experts. In the end, the journal found just eight serious errors, such as general misunderstandings of vital concepts, in the articles. Of those, four came from each site. They did, however, discover a series of factual errors, omissions or misleading statements. All told, Wikipedia had 162 such problems, while Britannica had 123.



    That averages out to 2.92 mistakes per article for Britannica and 3.86 for Wikipedia.



    "An expert-led investigation carried out by Nature--the first to use peer review to compare Wikipedia and Britannica's coverage of science," the journal wrote, "suggests that such high-profile examples (like the Seigenthaler and Curry situations) are the exception rather than the rule."


    I guess you all assumed because I tripped up a few posts I was somehow mentally inferior to you all? I'm in my mid-30s, three degrees, four industry leading professional certifications, published author, and amateur martial artist. If you really want to debate things, try not barrel assing straight towards the same "YOU DUN KNOW WUT YUR TALKING BOUT" crap. I expect more intellectual discussions than that and you're all starting to sound the same.


    -ED
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.