Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 3:29pm

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo ne-waza awesomeness!

I was looking on youtube for judo( my latest obsession) vids and I came across this. I think its AMAZING. I didn't think they had randori ne-waza except in kosen judo/ BJJ ( obviously) What do you guys think? There are no good BJJ places around where I live, but what about a decent judo place? Do you think I will learn ne-waza like this in the beginning?

YouTube- Judo Newaza Grappling International Fights

side note, is kosen judo around in the USA? my friend learned some when he taught in japan....

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:16pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    I was looking on youtube for judo( my latest obsession) vids and I came across this. I think its AMAZING. I didn't think they had randori ne-waza except in kosen judo/ BJJ ( obviously) What do you guys think? There are no good BJJ places around where I live, but what about a decent judo place? Do you think I will learn ne-waza like this in the beginning?

side note, is kosen judo around in the USA? my friend learned some when he taught in japan....
    If you don't have any BJJ places around where you live, why do you have it in your style field?

You might well learn newaza of that sort at Judo, but it is unlikely to be quite so dynamic at first.

And, Kosen Judo is not found out of the institutions it is a part of (the KoSen school system) and its graduates - so mostly just Japan. It should also be noted that some of the greatest newaza Judoka did not come from the Kosen system.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Troll, or just a fucking idiot... can we get a poll going?
    No he didn't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation View Post
    If you don't have any BJJ places around where you live, why do you have it in your style field?

You might well learn newaza of that sort at Judo, but it is unlikely to be quite so dynamic at first.

And, Kosen Judo is not found out of the institutions it is a part of (the KoSen school system) and its graduates - so mostly just Japan. It should also be noted that some of the greatest newaza Judoka did not come from the Kosen system.
    Because 1) I have studied it before, when I lived in other places.
    2) It's part of what I teach.
    3) I am learning Gracie combatives, because of the remoteness of where I work. If I can go to a place that teaches decent groundfighting I would rather go there instead of develop bad habits training by myself from DVDs with my freinds.

EDIT: I knew that it is taught in the schools over there, I was just wondering if someone had taken a boat over here and started teaching it. But I realize that because of all the USJA talk lately, that its not likely
    Last edited by fights4peace; 6/25/2010 5:07pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Troll, or just a fucking idiot... can we get a poll going?
    No he didn't.
    what are you even talking about? you are a dipshit, this is YMAS asshole, I'm trying to have a discussion about this video and ne-waza in judo. If you can't fucking understand that and want to approach things with a "duh herr herr fucking n006" attitude then go **** yourself. I cant stand people like you, because your probably just a keyboard warrior/ quiet ass nerd who wouldn't be man enough to say it in real life.
    Last edited by fights4peace; 6/25/2010 4:44pm at .

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well if you don't have a BJJ place, your next best bet is a Judo, SAMBO, or Submission Wrestling place. Each Judo place is different on how much they focus on Ne-waza, but it can never hurt to check out local gyms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Well if you don't have a BJJ place, your next best bet is a Judo, SAMBO, or Submission Wrestling place. Each Judo place is different on how much they focus on Ne-waza, but it can never hurt to check out local gyms.
    in area, I'm pretty sure outside of the local high school, I am the only one who teaches grappling period, and I would like to continue training in any form.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what are you even talking about? you are a dipshit, this is YMAS asshole, I'm trying to have a discussion about this video and ne-waza in judo. If you can't fucking understand that and want to approach things with a "duh herr herr fucking n006" attitude then go **** yourself. I cant stand people like you, because your probably just a keyboard warrior/ quiet ass nerd who wouldn't be man enough to say it in real life.
    Irony.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Irony.
    oh god your stupid. Did your mom feed you mercury as a child or something? It's only ironic if its true. You have yet to prove it.

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 5:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bit wide of the mark there... it's not like a made it fucking hard for you, I even bolded the ironic part.

Watch, I'll do it again:
    oh god your stupid.
    This, also.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast