Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 8:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzbevan View Post
    for last few years i've had my local butcher hang a side of rump for 6 weeks. he has to cut all the rotten meat and fat from the outside but what is left is so tender and tasty.
    sigh! butcher? man I remember in this country when we had "Butcher shops" Goddamn the super markets. Butcher shops here are very few and far between these days, they will not age beef, even here in San Francisco (foodie capitol). The shops where I grew up in New York used to hang the aged beef, like your guy did, in the window, steak houses do it also... it looked delectable beyond belief. If any one ever thinks that people are naturally vegetarians I defy them to look into a butcher shops front window where fat slabbed pieces of beef are hanging and walk away with a dry mouth.

Its great that in the UK you still have butchers that will age the beef for you.... here there are restaurants that will not serve you a rare burger for reasons of liability.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 8:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Ever peeked under the veil????
    you like to live dangerously, don't you?
    nah i tend to leave veiled women alone, much healthier.
    though when i lived in india this old indian dude used to drop by at the school sometimes with his daughter behind him on the scooter.

' hellooooo sir!
    how are you today?
    you know my daughter?'

he found out i wasnt married and that i (out of politeness said) thought indian women were attractive. (they are not.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 8:27am

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    sigh! butcher? man I remember in this country when we had "Butcher shops" Goddamn the super markets. Butcher shops here are very few and far between these days, they will not age beef, even here in San Francisco (foodie capitol). The shops where I grew up in New York used to hang the aged beef, like your guy did, in the window, steak houses do it also... it looked delectable beyond belief. If any one ever thinks that people are naturally vegetarians I defy them to look into a butcher shops front window where fat slabbed pieces of beef are hanging and walk away with a dry mouth.

Its great that in the UK you still have butchers that will age the beef for you.... here there are restaurants that will not serve you a rare burger for reasons of liability.
    the supermarkets did kill of a lot of butchers but they have fought back by supplying quality meats and service.
    the real shame is that all the fishmongers have gone.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    you like to live dangerously, don't you?
    nah i tend to leave veiled women alone, much healthier.
    though when i lived in india this old indian dude used to drop by at the school sometimes with his daughter behind him on the scooter.

' hellooooo sir!
    how are you today?
    you know my daughter?'

he found out i wasnt married and that i (out of politeness said) thought indian women were attractive. (they are not.)
    Actually I remember doing a magic trick called the rising cards in Turkey many years ago and several of them dropped their veils with their mouths open...

...my Turkish Army friend told me that I should probably refrain from doing anything that amazing in the future.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phui

You set your comment as if we are to believe she really said "that is so bad it had to come from one of your idiot MMA people." I put that right up there with the one about the bunny that brings us eggs.

But of course the idea that she "used to be a chef" trumps an entire crew of them who are currently working on a VERY successful program, that anyone who has watched, which neither of you ever have, would agree.

You are not picking your battles well, we both know you have a problem with another issue here, as your private message to me about calling out people in the tank for Chuck shows.

So, you will understand if I now ignore the flummery, and I ignore you.
    #1. Brittney Spears sold a ton of records in various markets; it doesn't make her music good.

#2. I sent you a PUBLIC message, not private (anyone can see it), about you misjudging ONE PERSON (Whacker) who simply didn't understand what you were saying about Judo tournaments/orgs. I didn't "call you out", I just told you, "Hey, he's a really good guy and you misjudged his motives." Get a grip man.

#3. You're good at Judo, but I've long-noticed your general attitude SUCKS.
    You're so used to all the nut-hugging that you can't even deal with some stranger's wife thinking 3 different types of beans mixed with BBQ sauce and chopped meat doesn't sound like it would taste good. What's next, are you going to challenge her to a fight? Grow up man.

Seriously, how could anyone be so thin-skinned after decades of martial arts? This is the 3rd time you've actually made me embarrassed for you.

#4. Idiot MMA people? What the ****? If anything she was thinking, "Oh god, a bunch of men giving each other cooking tips." I forgot you have no sense of humor unless it's you making the jokes towards others.

#5. Excuse me while I go cry that you're ignoring me. I'm in tears right now. Really.
    Last edited by maofas; 6/25/2010 9:25am at . Reason: Whoops forgot that one thread, 3x, not 2x

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 9:07am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...my Turkish Army friend told me that I should probably refrain from doing anything that amazing in the future.

Mark...have you ever been in Turkish prison?

(Peter Graves RIP)

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberduck View Post

Mark...have you ever been in Turkish prison?

(Peter Graves RIP)
    No... but

I can tell you all about it, and what they do with the women, and it ain't petty.

We had a guy try to buy drugs and it was a HUGE mess....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 9:36am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No... but

I can tell you all about it, and what they do with the women, and it ain't petty.

We had a guy try to buy drugs and it was a HUGE mess....
    No need, my ex-gfs sister dated turk, and I saw what he did to her in jealousy.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some people think its weird that me and some other 40 million fellow europeans dont want em in the european union...

gheheh.

imo they already tried to get into the EU in 15oo something at the battle of vienna: PHAIL.
    do not try again.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567