Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First Fight To Energy Drink Or not!!

I have my first amateur fight tommorow i am on the fence about taking an energy drink an hour or two before the actual fight. The drink i am taking is Noxplode. For all the fighters out there, in your experience will taking that drink or any energy drink that elevates one's heart beat be beneficial for your cardio during the fight or not.

I am thinking that the elevated heart beat plus the adrenaline dump will be a negative but i am a noob about this.

Any tips and suggestions about first fight nutrition or ritual would be helpful too.

Thanks

Style
    MMA, Yoga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell no, you'll have enough nervous energy in your system without adding a fuckload of caffeine to it.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Under normal circumstances caffeine does improve reflexes and gets the heart rate up, but a fight is not a normal circumstance. You body will give you everything you need for the fight and then some. Good luck on your fight. I expect to see videos!

Style
    MMA/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll be nervous before the fight and with all that caffeine you'll be going crazy, just relax before the fight, ignore the fans and the nervous feeling and just go kick some ass. Don't forget your technique and everything that you've been training. Good Luck and video please.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most energy drinks are full of sugar and caffeine and are **** for you.

I take BCAA amino acids for energy before class and notice a huge difference.

Also 5 hour energy shots are apparently b12 vitamins and Amino Acids, I haven't tried them but they're supposed to be a ,lot better than red bull ****

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No-Xplode is NOT an energy drink in the usual sense of the word. I'm a little hazy on the details but im fairly sure it works by pumping your veins up to ridiculous sizes, which in turn allows more blood with more oxygen through, thus increasing your strength output and recovery rate. While this sounds just dandy, I'm pretty sure if it was as good as all that, either everyone would be using it, or it would be disallowed in a competition setting.

Also, a lot of supplement review websites say that it makes you **** big ol' bricks.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ringinheat View Post
    Any tips and suggestions about first fight nutrition or ritual would be helpful too.

Thanks
    Stay hydrated. The worst thing to happen would be to gas because you didn't drink you water (flashback to first wrestling match in HS.......*shudder*)

Before you go up, just relax. You've trained your ass off (I'm assuming) and you know what you're doing. If you freak out then you've already lost. Just go out there and do what you've been doing.

As for energy drinks....are you NUTS? You'll crash after the first round. Stay natural, drink water and carb load if you need the energy.

5 hour power really doesn't have any sugar and is really just a Vit B shot, but I haven't used it in competition so i don't know.... I still say just go natural. After you've got a few fights under your belt I'm sure you'll realize you don't need an energy drink.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Style
    Kitty Pow Pow!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I think it's best to try and take a nap an hour or two before a fight. You want you body to be nice and relaxed and as tension free as possible in the time leading up to your fight. You're going to be suffering from all kinds of anxiety so dumping a bunch of stimulants on top of that is probably the worst thing you could do.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you everyone for your quick responses. Times like this i feel very glad i am part of the bullshido community.

Style
    MuayThai,Taekwondo,BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just Take 5 Hour energy, its over 6000% of daily value of vitamin b12 and b6, the energy vitamins, its makes a huge difference take it an hour before your fight, but make sur your hydrated and have even a lil food i your stomac, at least 2 slices of bread. To help settle the 5 hour energy. TRUST me stay away from caffeine it dehydrates you and you don't want the jitters.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last