Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 9:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far I've avoided making comments about an aikido guy doing bag work. :D

"I have used similar full body routines before and can handle it fairly well, but never done it in combination with bag and cardio."

IMHO....
    It could work for you, but again how hard do you exert yourself when lifting?
    If going hard then you will of course see your preformance go down in the latter sets.

Optimally for growth and strength I suggest splitting it (major muscles sets) up and doing them on different training days.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 9:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, all of you are making me feel bad for my lack of serious training.:rolleyes:
    Maybe someday I'll look at you all as inspirations and get off my lazy ass.:D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 12:37pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To edge: I don't know how effective doing cardio and bag work once a week will be. But you are absolutely right, I won't look at bag work as cardio

Pizdoff: I exert myself quite a bit. Intensity is a must for strength. I guess i just won't jog very fast. I've done TKD and a little boxing, I can throw a punch, despite the aikido ;) Heck most people have Aikido as their second style in my school. A few TKD guys and girls. A karate dude. Some boxers and MMArtists too. My teacher has done Shotokan, Silat, Eskrima, JKD, and god knows what else.

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 12:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I saw your profile and I did read your posts.
    I was just playing.
    LOSER! :D

Heheheh!

Again, try it, if it works for you, (EAT A LOT! PROTIEN!) then good for you, but like others said, you may burn out in a couple weeks due to the exertion.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2004 5:51pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree pizdoff, deff gonna get tired on this one. I am going to have to be sure that I sleep enough and get enough energy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 1:33am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Akurra
    Owen:
    More general preperation. I trying to specifically kick longer with more power and speed. But not for a competition or whatever. I'm just trying to work on physical conditioning for fighting and MA.

Given that I only have these 2.5 hours on mon/wed/fri every week. How would you use that time? This would be the only time I have to work on my striking skills. Also, I did use this routine, what should I do 1st 2nd and 3rd. I was thinking cardio, strength, bag. Is this alright?
    Ok, seeing as how you are time limited, there are still a few options. I would definitely try to do HIIT at least 2x a week, and maybe upping it to all 3x you have available during the week. In a shorter amount of time, you can combine various different things to help you. I use Taku's interval program which is a very broad base, but it can be tailored to whatever your specific needs are. It's advantages are that it increases both your endurance and your explosiveness. As an example, I usually do the intervals on an elliptical machine for the working portion of the workout, and then step off and shadow box during the rest intervals. You could do vice versa, only putting bag work as your work interval and walking as your rest interval. Taku's intervals last 25-30 minutes, but they are dymanic and you can change them to whatever you want-making it far less boring than pounding pavement or working a 1-2 for 20 minutes.

After your body is used to doing the HIIT, you can probably add in some basic lifts like your squats, bench, deadlift, etc. If you find yourself running short of time, SCRAPPER has some bodyweight exercise programs that are completely free that will tear you up. They can be done anywhere, too, which makes it especially nice for me when I get bored at work. The whole regimen takes about a half hour. Just an .02

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 1:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still say you are doing too much. You do Aikido twice per week for 2 hours. O.k Aikido is not that physically strenous and will not gwt you fit hence the reason why you are doing all this extra training. My advice is just take up another martial art and do that twice per week instead of all the weights,cardio and bagwork.

For instance you still do Aikido 2 times a week as per normal.

And you also do say Kickboxing 2 times a week aswell.hats 4 workut sessions per week.That wil take care of your cardio and bagwork. Don't worry about the weights.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12