Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The classic 1960s "Wild, Wild West" had some excellent fight/stunt scenes. It helped that lead actor Robert Conrad loved being an action hero and kept pushing the writers for bigger, more frequent and more creative fights.

YouTube- Wild Wild West - Tuff Enuff

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 8:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Sammo hung???

Hey, no one watches NCIS for the fight scenes.... its my favorite show for other reasons, Ziva and Abby being high on the list....
    ugh...my gf makes me watch those.
    i HATE those shows.
    story/plotline is totally crap: 'oh look, my superhightech gadget found this, now im going to shut up about any hints and tips and suddenly during the last two minutes, as by magc come up with the solution!'

No, my friends: Hercule Poirot, or Maigret.
    There was also this detective series made by the bbc about a medieval monk who solved crimes, he was fucking awesome, forget the name of the series though..

google ftw:brother cadfael

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 9:11am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That NCIS LA one is the worst. The dialogue is as if it was written as a play:

chick in charge: we have just received word that the NGAFATNTBEE

minor role guy: you mean the National Governing Association For All Things Needing To Be Explicitly Explained.

Chick in charge: yes, that's the one, they have intel on a terrorist we've been monitoring.

Computer guy: I'll do an IMPACT search and cross reference the international database in order to find the facial reconstruction software that can reconstitute the likeness from a towel he used at that hotel we missed him at.

Chick in charge: I need that five minutes ago, the rest of you, take your seriously expensive and therefore suspicious car to some abandoned warehouse that computer guy linked to a guy who once bought a burrito from the shop that stands two blocks from the place where the intel was gathered from NGA.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 10:00am

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal favorite would be Walker, Texas Ranger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 11:15am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Already mentioned, but I always liked Highlander's H2H scenes. IIRC, Adrian Paul was legitimately into CMA (not sure how good he was, but I liked the style). The one show that I have been trying forever to find is the old Green Hornet with Bruce Lee, but have had zero luck.

The worst, but awesome in a terrible way, was that show in the 90s where people were competing in a martial arts tournament and had "lifebars" posted up on the screen. Maybe it's just the atrocious acting that is tainting my memory of the fight scenes, but that show was unreal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:00pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So not the most technical of fight scenes, but a sure brawl. What I would call hate-fighting. Deadwood. YouTube- DEADWOOD- Dan Vs. 'The Captain'

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 1:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    Already mentioned, but I always liked Highlander's H2H scenes. IIRC, Adrian Paul was legitimately into CMA (not sure how good he was, but I liked the style). The one show that I have been trying forever to find is the old Green Hornet with Bruce Lee, but have had zero luck.

The worst, but awesome in a terrible way, was that show in the 90s where people were competing in a martial arts tournament and had "lifebars" posted up on the screen. Maybe it's just the atrocious acting that is tainting my memory of the fight scenes, but that show was unreal.
    WMAC Masters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMAC_Masters

Blah...

I always hated the Star Trek stuff, both old and new. Never liked the Klingon fighting. It's like ever hit was so brutal, it may you pause in place and yet, never powerful enough to knock you out. It's like you have all this awesome technology but fighting devolved!

Oh, and unless it's been mentioned, the Sammo Hung show was called Martial Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_Law_(TV_series)

More Bad:

Power Rangers
    Masked Rider
    Big Bad Beatle Borgs
    "All other low budget people in rubber suit and/or spandex shows"

Although not a TV show, I will give special honorable mention to Guyver 2: Dark Hero. Now that was some hot ****!

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ultimate Surrender aside, any movie choreographed by Yen Woo Ping.
    His work on Magnificent Butcher was top notch. The man made Sammo Hung fly.

Now, did anyone mention the Godzilla grappling scenes?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 1:47pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post

Amazon.com has the Green Hornet on DVD.
    I agree with JKDChick about Legend of the Seeker. The fight sequences are way better than Hercules and Xena (Sam Raimi directs). Kahlan (who is hot) fights with daggers and there's Cara in red leather...whoa, stop stay on topic...! Not that I'm biased about the fact Terry Goodkind is my fav author or anything...good fights though. :icon_roll

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 1:55pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    It's like you have all this awesome technology but fighting devolved!
    Actually this makes sense. The evolution of technology has made people fat and lazy already....I don't think its too far a stretch that, in the future, man to man combat will devolve as well. Who knows...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast