Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 7:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea. We have a heater in the summer and A/C in the winter. Oklahoma gets hot and humid, so the sweat will flow!

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Judo club's training space gets crazy hot due to poor ventilation and no AC/fans (and lots of bodies sweating), but it's NOTHING compared to my space for Karate. However hot anyone thinks their dojo is, unless you train outdoors in Brazil, mine is worse. Trust me!

Unless 3 certain regulars are reading this. If that's the case, it's a lovely temperature* and it will be just peachy for rolling this weekend, don't you worry.

*For preventing muscle pulls

P.S. It hit 99 here today.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    Knowing your body and staying hydrated are very important
    Very much this. I'm a sweater (I wasn't when I was younger, not sure what happened, there, but I digress). I've been using the "piss test," to tell when I'm properly hydrated, and this has definitely helped me, I think, get through the warmer workouts. Let me rephrase that - I believe being properly hydrated has helped me to not notice the temperature of the dojo once I'm warmed up.

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:20pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're in a sports centre, the roof is about 20-30 metres high, warehouse sort of height. In the summer there is one industrial fan that aims at one area, everyone jostles to be hit by the fan, I don't know the farenheit conversion, but we can be in 35-45 degrees celsius which for a fatty like me means sweat flows like a waterfall, thank god for the gi, suck **** to my training partners. In winter, which it is now, it can get real cold because they have these gaps in the bottom of the bricks for ventilation, it's cold, but some bright spark (from a non hard training karate school, lol) has recently put mats over the ventilation, making it bearable. Then again, this is Australia, my version of "cold" starts around 18 degrees celsius, summer temperatures for some countries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:42pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No heat during winter, no aircon during summer. Strangely enough I find it more bearable in the hotter months than I do at the moment during winter.

Motivation is difficult during the colder months.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 9:58pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My old gym never got too cold in winter but if no one had beenin there during the day when we got there in the evening in summer it would be blistering 80F+ (~28C).

New gym is a warehouse style space with varnished concrete floors (gah for sparing!), but the AC holds the room to about 70F (18-20C), which feels chilly when you walk in out of 105F (38C) ambient.

Jesus...105F and it's only June. ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 10:13pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really depends. For the most part we keep the AC on, especially when we teach the children's classes (bad enough they complain about being hot no AC and they never shut the **** up).

When I train it no lie, depends on the instructor. My three head masters keep it on, but some of my other instructors refuse to turn it on. Cold is bad for your body or some **** like that.

On average I'd say between 70-85 degrees. Sometimes more.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:07am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was only in the eighties today, but ultra-high humidity; we had heavy rains in both the morning and the evening.
    Worked up quite a sweat at muay thai; I was sparkling like a vampire in the sun, tell you what.
    The heat is helpful when you're trying to cut weight, and I think it preps you for when you have to cut. I like it, for the most part.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:16am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I opened a Bikram krotty dojo. It's one hundred and five degrees.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave: Whoa, now folks, uh, how about this weather, huh? How about this summer heat? Uh, did you hear about this? It was so hot in New York City today...

Audience: How hot was it?

Uh, it was so hot today here in New York City that Renzo Gracie let a group of Chunners into his academy... just so he could feel the slight breeze from their chain-punches! <musical sting>

<audience applause, laughter>

Dave: Chain-punching! Chain-punching! Hee hee! Paul Shaffer, ladies and gentlemen!

<audience applause, CBS Orchestra plays Dave to his desk>
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast