224799 Bullies, 3822 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 46
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. xarjihn is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    columbus, ga
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 11:03am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle sword forms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    cartoon combat

    just the other day i took my son to the park to practice our sword technique and to do a little bit of sparring. we were there for about an hour when a pack of what looked to be high school students approached us. my son is a bit shy by nature and felt uneasy around these "bigger kids". one of them looked like he was an rejected cartoon character from some anime series. blueish green dyed hair with a gothic fashion twist. it was this one that asked me what we were doing.

    my reply was simple: "practicing".

    this kid just smiled and his groupies giggled/snickered/ what have you.
    he asked me if he could have a sparring match to "test my stance"
    i was reluctant but my son said "sure" and so roped me into it.

    here is the humor: the high schooler said that he studied a style called the "five winds of the hell sword in the mountain" this was confusing to me. i asked who his teacher was. the response? ravemaster goku don-kai

    the outcome is pretty obvious: shinkendo vs. hello kitty... shinkendo wins
  2. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 11:35am


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xarjihn View Post
    just the other day i took my son to the park to practice our sword technique and to do a little bit of sparring. we were there for about an hour when a pack of what looked to be high school students approached us. my son is a bit shy by nature and felt uneasy around these "bigger kids". one of them looked like he was an rejected cartoon character from some anime series. blueish green dyed hair with a gothic fashion twist. it was this one that asked me what we were doing.

    my reply was simple: "practicing".

    this kid just smiled and his groupies giggled/snickered/ what have you.
    he asked me if he could have a sparring match to "test my stance"
    i was reluctant but my son said "sure" and so roped me into it.

    here is the humor: the high schooler said that he studied a style called the "five winds of the hell sword in the mountain" this was confusing to me. i asked who his teacher was. the response? ravemaster goku don-kai

    the outcome is pretty obvious: shinkendo vs. hello kitty... shinkendo wins
    I feel really sad that I know what that kid was talking about.

    Like, really really sad.
  3. Alucard619 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:25pm


     Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^LMAO

    Should have told the kids you were practicing to master Bankai.
  4. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:34pm


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  5. xarjihn is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    columbus, ga
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 3:10pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle sword forms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    dragon twister clip

    dont get me wrong, i watch cartoons with my boy. i'm sure every dad does. i got nothing against the handicapped... being a disabled veteran of the iraq war... (long story) but since when did mullet flipping become kata form?

    awesum vid clip btw. dragon twister... lol. reminds me of the scorpion kata form
  6. kelvis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    210

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 3:17pm


     Style: TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG, I just replayed it again after picking myself up off the floor. That's too freaking funny! Everybody do it! DRAGON....TWISTER!!!!! :flipando:
  7. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 4:03pm


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dragon Twister is somewhere in the Mountainous thread, I think.

    YouTube- Dragon Twister Ninja Skills Demonstration

    Dude's got an actual handicap, though. I think it's mild autism or something equivalent.

    Also, this is the show the older kid from the OP was talking about. It's called "Rave Master", actually. Back when I actually actively viewed and was into this stuff, it sucked pretty hard.

    YouTube- Rave Master - Shuda vs. Haru

    Oh yeah, OP: Those kids who challenged you and your kid or whatever. Were they carrying around swords or something? I'd like to hear some more about what went down.
  8. kelvis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    210

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 4:21pm


     Style: TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xarjihn View Post
    dont get me wrong, i watch cartoons with my boy. i'm sure every dad does. i got nothing against the handicapped... being a disabled veteran of the iraq war... (long story) but since when did mullet flipping become kata form?

    awesum vid clip btw. dragon twister... lol. reminds me of the scorpion kata form
    Aahh, this time I caught the mullet! My God, imagine what damage could be wrought if he tied iron weights into bottom of the mullet! Sword strike, mullet flip, high octane action ensues...
  9. Mr. Loobner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Asia
    Posts
    89

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 9:28pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Oh yeah, OP: Those kids who challenged you and your kid or whatever. Were they carrying around swords or something? I'd like to hear some more about what went down.
    I'm curious about this as well. I heard a similar story from a Kendo practitioner who had a habit of practicing kata and suburi outdoors. It was a visit from some LARPer group or something, but the result was essentially embarrassment for both parties. The Otaku were embarrassed because of the boo-boos they recieved - the kendoka was embarrassed later when his sensei applied verbal noogies to him in front of the class for even validating such a challenge with a response (that is not to say I would not have done the same thing, however - the temptation must have been irresistable).

    From the little I know of Shinkendo (I am assuming this: http://www.shinkendo.com/) I can assume that it was pretty brutal and ended quickly.

    ...Ravemaster?
  10. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,135

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 9:34pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xarjihn View Post
    just the other day ...
    Why are there five accounts attributed to yours?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.