Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find that moments of adrenaline rush actually make the memories more vivid. I haven't gotten into a terribly many fights, but I've broken up a few; and those I remember quite well.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 4:35pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had a fight Saturday night. I can vividly recall the entire thing. All 93 seconds of it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 4:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like others have said, there are some fights I can remember blow by blow but the majority I cannot. Usually I remember what I did right better than what I did wrong. But whenever I've been rocked, I find my memory of the event is almost always wrong. I was kicked in the face at a local tournament and knocked out briefly. When I recall the incident, I can give a perfect play by play because it was filmed and I watched the video afterwards. But in a later retelling of the incident, I incorrectly recalled who first came to my aid since you couldn't make that out on the video. I was sure that it was a good friend of mine and fellow instructor who was the corner judge to first reach me. But I was telling this story to the real corner judge, another instructor at our school who looks nothing like my friend, who promptly corrected me. He's a foot taller, decade older, doesn't have a beard, my friend was actually on the other side of the gym at the time, and I talked to this guy for several minutes lying on my back and staring up at him, and yet I still got the two confused.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:53pm

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes and know, one near fight I had was with some one who was supposedly ex-IDF, and I was so dead certain that we would end up fighting that the adrenaline rush was crazy, I actually started shaking a bit and snarling my lips, and when he raised his hand, I went into hyper, super detailed, slow speed move. He freaked out mumbled something about the cops and already being in jail that week and left. Another actual fight ended with me blinded by rage, and I guess I had the red veil thing going on. it lasted 30 seconds at most, and ended with me choking the guy out. Not alot of details except all I felt was like I could fel no pain even when I was hit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 7:10pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    I also supposedly was repeatedly punched in the testes by the person I was restraining but I did not notice or luckly feel that either. I did not feel these attacks and they didn't even phase me.

Yeah I got soccer kicked in the balls (see above) and wasn't phased either. I felt it after the fight ended and I had calmed down, though. Same with all the other hits I took.

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 7:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been in many, and remember great detail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:59pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I generally only remember the impact that occurs on myself, when I've been hit. I'd be pressed to relate any 'real' details of the fight even directly after its conclusion.

I tend to get a sweet adrenaline rush most times, so im normally to excited to think let alone remember.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 9:22pm

Style: Judo / Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First few fights I was in I had 'the red'. That's what actually scared me into not fighting and acting puss for a long period of my life growing up. I was scared to death I was going to seriously injure someone. I don't really want to hurt people. Of course you have to realise that they were brought on out of self defense "fight or flight" responses. But still, it really sucks to "snap out of it" after a fight and have blood on your hands. It's quite jarring.

Later on as I trained specifically in situations where I was being hit or hitting someone I gained more control over my senses and learned to feel the adrenaline rush differently.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 4:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember exactly how a few fights I've been in went. Maybe not blow for blow, but the majority of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 4:38am

Style: We'll see

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The human brain isn't really designed to remember exact details like that, especially when there is adrenaline and emotion involved. We all put our own spin on what happens to us; it's how we relate to the world.

If you have an eidetic memory, you're putting it to waste by remembering how you got punched in the face and did a really sweet tornado kick to a drunken asshole's face.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast