Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 3:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which posts are you whining about that should be back in the main thread?

Your derail that led to anger? No, it is not on topic to argue arrogance and **** you don't like. Cy is being investigated complain in here. Go look at the Acre thread to see what happens when a little leeway is granted for both sides yeah or nay.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 5:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you just go and... Cull yourself, IIF? :happy8:

Bullshido's apocalypse surely makes curious things happen.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Whacker, you are off base here. I'll tell you what you are going to find: you're going to find that the coach in question, a registered Shodan with the USJA, took his students to sanctioned events only. For which they were issued membership cards. Records of which will be retrievable from the USJA. I understand that you want to follow normal procedure here. What YOU need to understand is that the issue is already settled, you just aren't grasping Coach Tripp's argument fully yet.
    Matt, this is pure speculation and may not be correct at all. Frankly I do NOT think this is the case.

I think it is far more likely that a guy, who from's Chuck's own words, ran a BS made up martial art program, hopped on the Phil Porter train and got a Shodan from him. We will know this for sure if we can not find ANY other Judo rank prior to the Shodan. If, 30 years later, he is still a shodan, then we are positive he got the rank from Phil and he has had NO involvement with Judo from ther to now.

As such it would be VERY unlikely he ever fielded a team and went to a Shiai. How would he train people for that? How would he learn the rules? Hell, who would teach HIM, let alone his students, what the Japanese terms are for all the referee calls?

I think EVERY bullshido member who thinks they understand the Shiai thing, should look up when the next Judo shiai is in their area, and attend. They will get a real education on that day.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:08am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    We will know this for sure if we can not find ANY other Judo rank prior to the Shodan. If, 30 years later, he is still a shodan, then we are positive he got the rank from Phil and he has had NO involvement with Judo from ther to now.
    Thank you. This is exactly what has been bothering me about the the issue and I mean to ask.

Yes, pilgrim, I respond then I make a cull. Hell, I have trollshidoed myself because I caused a derail.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There apears to be a "Save independant Judo" campaign in the UK.
    Has there ever been anything similar in US? or at least a group of rebels perhaps?.

http://www.r2choose.co.uk/

The evidence thus far is damning but I just find it difficult when humans are involved to say that something is definatly not so when in reality anything is possible regardless of how risky or unlikely it is.
    Thats not a Judo thing its a people are nutz sometimes thing and sometimes they find lots of other nutz people to join them doing whatever nutz thing it is they are doing.
    King without a crown

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:23am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So my next question - rhetorically I grant you - is what gain would Chuck seek to make by claiming to have attended shiai some 25 years ago (if that never happened) ?

Anyone thinking that it would gain him any level of credibility needs to re-evaluate their own opinions, because, frankly there's no credibility to be gained from the nature or content of Chuck's limited amount of time in Judo.

I also ask myself why a guy who's clearly very intelligent, who's conducted close to 15 in-depth investigations for this site, who know's far more than anyone of us how things work around here, would make a statement about a martial arts background that wasn't true or, true to the best of his knowledge.

It just doesn't make any sense at all; and that's why I remain sceptical.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:36am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    So my next question - rhetorically I grant you - is what gain would Chuck seek to make by claiming to have attended shiai some 25 years ago (if that never happened) ?

Anyone thinking that it would gain him any level of credibility needs to re-evaluate their own opinions, because, frankly there's no credibility to be gained from the nature or content of Chuck's limited amount of time in Judo.

I also ask myself why a guy who's clearly very intelligent, who's conducted close to 15 in-depth investigations for this site, who know's far more than anyone of us how things work around here, would make a statement about a martial arts background that wasn't true or, true to the best of his knowledge.

It just doesn't make any sense at all; and that's why I remain sceptical.

Would it make sense for an outsider to make up a white lie albeit small to try to fit in and be accepted? I think its human nature.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy we're talking about isn't an outsider, he was an integral part of the site and the information being discussed wasn't created until some time after he joined.

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    Would it make sense for an outsider to make up a white lie albeit small to try to fit in and be accepted? I think its human nature.
    If that's the case. what small white lie have you concocted ?

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 8:42am

Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    This guy we're talking about isn't an outsider, he was an integral part of the site and the information being discussed wasn't created until some time after he joined.
    just asking: did he join before 2007? it states in his profile nov 2007.
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast