224783 Bullies, 3741 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 433
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<I have several times. I saw nothing where Chuck claims these are USJA events, ergo I am going on the assumption they are not. If so, the whole USJA sanctioning is irrelevant, unless someone can show me an exact post where Chuck claims these were USJA events.>>>

    Proving you have NOT read it at all. EVERY Judo event, EVERY SINGLE ONE, requires membership in one of the three Judo groups. Period. Nothing else to say. There is NO record of Chuck EVER being a member of one, so he NEVER fought in a Judo shiai. Period.

    <<<As directed I re-read. It would appear more research is being done here. Very well.>>>

    But you did not comprehend what you read. You keep trying to find the loophole. There isn't one. There is ONE Judo in this country and the World. The claim is false.


    <<I'm not assuming anything, this is Chuck's own wording. He stated that his father paid Bill Kitz for the first of these events. The other ones could indeed not have been hosted by Kitz, again we don't know.>>>

    Not what Chuck said when he said his father paid for him to join.


    <<<Sorry Coach, but respectfully, you are wrong. I could decide to host something at a friend's gym and call it a Judo event, and it IS a Judo event because I say it is.>>>>

    Really? SHOW ME ONE. Find me the "false" Judo event. Not ONE legitimate Judo player, referee, or coach would be there. Period.

    <<<National sanctioning is irrelevant. >>>>

    In your world, perhaps. In the JUDO world, you are simply dead wrong.

    <<<If I wanted to I could get insurance. Same way I can go host a drag race somewhere without NHRA association... guess what, it's still a drag race. Same way US Grappling, NAGA, and a dozen other organizations host BJJ events without IBJJF sanctioning. Etc etc etc.>>>

    Again, you saying it does not make it so. NO ONE from Judo would attend your made up, non certified event, AND YOU CAN'T NAME A SINGLE ONE THAT EVER HAPPENED. It simply doesn't work that way, and the President of Ohio Judo is here telling you that and you simply ignore him because you are so in the tank for Chuck.

    <<<You cannot state this for a fact. It is very easy to mislead people, and it's done day in and day out on just about everything.>>>

    I can, I do, and I have. Rather than spin fairy tales, PROVE ME WRONG.

    <<<And you are assuming everything and anything Judo is done under the purview of USJA, USJI, or whomever. You cannot make this statement Coach, it's simply not something you know for a fact. You cannot guarantee me that every judo club in the US is associated with a national body, NOR that any and all events said clubs may host are under the same authority.>>>

    I can, I do, because it is. You simply can't believe that. Yes, there are BS Judo programs in Juko-kai and USMAA, BUT THEY DO NOT SEND PEOPLE TO SHIAI. They can't. The reality check would be the end of them.

    <<<You can take a long walk off a short plank. I've tried to show you respect, and you're giving me a piss poor attitude in return. Just like Matt, much of the respect I had for you is going out the window.>>>

    Wow, you really are Ralph Severe aren't you? Respect me or not, it doesn't change the facts, and they are all on my side.

    <<<You need to check your damn facts, and recognize when you overstep your bounds. I don't give a damn if you're a 14th dan in whatever, certain statements you are making you and Mark Hunter do not have the authority or knowledge to make, such as on events that you have NO firsthand knowledge about and individuals that you do NOT know what was going on in their minds OR how they conducted business. >>>

    No, but I know how Judo is ran, and you do not.

    Clearly we have nothing more to say, and you have NO CLUE what you are talking about. You are now on ignore.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  2. Whacker is offline
    Whacker's Avatar

    Pulling mount since '09

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,295

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:36pm


     Style: jits da variedade brasile

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Look, I am not on any high horse. I have been sitting at Coach Tripp's foot for a week now listening to him go through it, figure it out, explain it to me numerous different ways AND I STILL GET IT WRONG. Even what I posted earlier that you have quoted is not correct: it left open the possibility that unsanctioned events actually exist. They do not. Thank you Coach Tripp for correcting me again.

    I was not trying to insult you when I said you haven't got the full implications of the argument yet, I was trying to get you to KEEP TRYING.

    Look Mark Tripp and Mark Hunter are the USJA; Mark Hunter is the USJI. They very well could have been the folks presiding over Matt Morton's case at the USJA. Did we argue with that position? Not hardly.

    As for dredging up a specific quote using search function, go look through everything Chuck said about fighting as a junior. Those lies are not his only ones, but they are the most central to Tripp's argument.

    As for your insults, get it out of your system. We'll all be friends again tomorrow. Literally.
    I saw all of them. I redacted my post because it's not worth it. Suffice to say Tripp (and to a lesser extent Hunter) are putting for statements as fact which quite simply aren't. If that's what all this hinges on, I don't buy it. Tripp is also acting like a royal douchebag, suffice to say what respect I had for him is just about out the window too.

    It's just not worth it.

    I'm just going back to doing my thing here and using this as a venue to hopefully find new locals to roll with. If you assholes feel the need to **** all this up then go right ahead, it's just $20.
  3. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 10:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Anyone who has not been to a Judo Shiai should back off. The ones I went to were in Nowheresville GA and they were still the most anal registration people I have ever seen. They wouldn't let you in the gym without some sort of record and they wouldn't let you near the mats without a USJA/I/F membership. Judo is not NAGA is not "grappling" is not IBJJF. They are fucking crazy about their records and make you join the org to play end of story.
    months ago, when i recieved my ever so prestigious yellow belt, i asked if i needed to go ahead and join the USJA. the answer i was given was as follows.

    "go ahead and do it online if you want, but no rush, in may you will be playing in the north south tourny and they will sign you up at the door with your proper rank."

    the two other guys that got yellow and orange belts with me were told the same thing.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  4. babo78 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    987

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 10:43pm


     Style: Yudo, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can say I have trained outside the 3 major org in US and what MTripp/Markjudo are saying is absolutely true. You cannot compete in any Judo shiai unless you belong in one of the orgs.

    My instructors in 90s were Koreans (fresh off the boat) and none of them were affiliated with any Judo organizations in US. We never competed in any Judo shiai. Our competition was against other Korean Yudo dojangs. Or visiting friendly Judo dojos for in-house randori practice.
  5. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:06pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I'm not saying they have happened, but it's not out of the realm of all possibility either and it's not exactly difficult to check. So we should check it before saying definitively one way or the other.
  6. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    367

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:11pm


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    First you assume this is not going to happen.

    Second you assume we are going to get an honest answer from him.


    Third, where is YOUR proof such non-sanctioned Judo events take place? Name one, prove your point. Several people have posted here how it could not be the way Chuck claims. Have YOU ever been to a Judo shiai? Clearly the people who have know that I am right.

    Sorry, but there is really nothing more to say.
    may I ask: what is the penalty for holding such an event?

    because a possible scenario would be that the instructor would let chuck hardin take the fall to protect himself.

    IIRC in your database the date of rank was in 1981, 2 years before hardin started.
    Quote Originally Posted by markjudo View Post
    William Kitz

    Member Id:14964Active:yesStandingClub Number:TX0900Club Name:Unattached TexasInsurance Expiration:1/1/1900Membership:RegularMember Since: Life Member #:1728Life Member Date:Rank HistoryDateArtRank3/30/1981JudoShodan
  7. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:24pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    may I ask: what is the penalty for holding such an event?

    because a possible scenario would be that the instructor would let chuck hardin take the fall to protect himself.

    IIRC in your database the date of rank was in 1981, 2 years before hardin started.
    I do not think "penalty" is the correct word.

    As I said, NO legitimate Judoka, Coach, Player or Ref would attend such an event. As such, no one would claim it to be such an event.

    I was with Juko-lie for about 5 years, NO ONE there EVER put a Judo Gi on and randoried with me, let alone went to a shiai.

    I was with USMAA for one year, when I arrived NOT A SINGLE person EVER did randori or shiai. In 4 months we took a team and one the state championships. After leaving, they NEVER went to a Shiai again.

    There is no doubt Chuck knew all of this was bogus, sadly he has decided to attack me rather than the facts. Which come to think of it, is EXACTLY like Ralph Severe.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  8. babo78 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    987

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:32pm


     Style: Yudo, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    This of course is interesting because its the problem Steve Arci ran into when he was being investigated here.

    But this is not what Chuck said. He didn't say he fought at in house randori sessions....
    I just posted that as personal supportive statement for what you've posted about can't do Judo shiai unless you are part of Judo orgs. I don't mean to get involved with Steve or Chuck situation.

    Sorry if I sounded confusing.
  9. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    I just posted that as personal supportive statement for what you've posted about can't do Judo shiai unless you are part of Judo orgs. I don't mean to get involved with Steve or Chuck situation.

    Sorry if I sounded confusing.
    I understand, but it is interesting to see two very different sets of rules in play.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  10. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,407

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:16am

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    There is no doubt Chuck knew all of this was bogus, sadly he has decided to attack me rather than the facts. Which come to think of it, is EXACTLY like Ralph Severe.
    Headed to check out the threads IIF listed earlier relating to this, but am curious.

    In which thread has Chuck attacked you?

    Hope you don't leave over this political bullshit Mark. This site is bigger than the ego's in play.

    PM me you contact info please in case you do vamoose.
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.