Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333940414243 44 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 4:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, i do have enough information to make an informed decision.
    The air that i want cleared resides between my ears.
    I was hoping that the investigative staff would have a better answer than that.
    It seems you are saying that it is a subjective matter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 5:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Sorry, i do have enough information to make an informed decision.
    The air that i want cleared resides between my ears.
    I was hoping that the investigative staff would have a better answer than that.
    It seems you are saying that it is a subjective matter.
    Really? I'm telling you what you missed I can't control how you interpret the information.

The investigative staff is not one entity and they are divided.

I'm just tired of these long ass threads going in circles. There are two camps and neither is neutral save for a few specific posters.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So it all revolves around semantics?
    Judo® vs Judo?
    No, it does not revolve around semantics, because thus far there has been no evidence revealed that Chuck trained/competed under Bill Kitz - in judo, or in anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 6:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he is referring to the argument Judo vs the styles that use "Judo."

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 6:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but more directly the AAU and coaches like Geis and Lafon.
    Just some cursory searching leads me to believe that this type of "Judo" is becoming more common, not less.

The investigative staff is not one entity and they are divided.
    Understood on the first part but the latter is more to the point.
    Particularly if the staff is so divided, should involvement in the "big three" be the barometer for evaluating if someone did or did not participate in Judo, at all?

I feel it really undermines the process if that remains undefined.
    Shouldn't there be an agreed upon definition?
    I think it is unfair to castigate someone for not wanting to pay dues or play politics,
    providing they have the skills.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 7:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but more directly the AAU and coaches like Geis and Lafon.
    Just some cursory searching leads me to believe that this type of "Judo" is becoming more common, not less.
    ...and? Again they rank in their arts and teach Judo. Their specific Judo rank is recognized but they do not give JUDO rank.

Understood on the first part but the latter is more to the point.
    Particularly if the staff is so divided, should involvement in the "big three" be the barometer for evaluating if someone did or did not participate in Judo, at all?
    Who knows but, in this case, it is fair. Do I like it? No. Still, they are holding Chuck to the standards he held many alleged Judokas in MABS thread. This may upset people, but Mtripp is very verbose and his point often gets lost. It took me a minute but I understood his point. He and other people are holding Chuck to the very criteria he used against other investigated Judoka.

Chuck's criteria was, if you aren't with the big three you aren't doing/teaching judo. That was his standard and people are balking when it is applied to him.

Now, when I say this, I do not agree that people should stop looking. Hell, I just recently stopped looking at old threads, contacting dead ends, and such.

I hope they find out his story was/is true as I like Chuck. As Mtripp said if their is no registered rank, even if it is outside of the Big Three, his story is still wrong on Chuck's criteria.

Everyone was so mad they didn't make it clear enough to people.

I feel it really undermines the process if that remains undefined.
    What process?

Shouldn't there be an agreed upon definition?
    There was until it was applied to Chuck.

I think it is unfair to castigate someone for not wanting to pay dues or play politics,
    providing they have the skills.
    ...and pardon me but this has **** all to do with Chuck. It is why I culled most of it out to YMAS. Yes, and who are we to define anything? Call up the big three because, investigators have nothing to do with their definitions.

Here is a very good thread dealing with your issue in a much less confrontational tone.
    Judo Question for Coach Tripp - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 7:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ...and? Again they rank in their arts and teach Judo. Their specific Judo rank is recognized but they do not give JUDO rank.

Who knows but, in this case, it is fair. Do I like it? No. Still, they are holding Chuck to the standards he held many alleged Judokas in MABS thread. This may upset people, but Mtripp is very verbose and his point often gets lost. It took me a minute but I understood his point. He and other people are holding Chuck to the very criteria he used against other investigated Judoka.

Chuck's criteria was, if you aren't with the big three you aren't doing/teaching judo. That was his standard and people are balking when it is applied to him.

Now, when I say this, I do not agree that people should stop looking. Hell, I just recently stopped looking at old threads, contacting dead ends, and such.

I hope they find out his story was/is true as I like Chuck. As Mtripp said if their is no registered rank, even if it is outside of the Big Three, his story is still wrong on Chuck's criteria.

Everyone was so mad they didn't make it clear enough to people.

What process?

There was until it was applied to Chuck.

...and pardon me but this has **** all to do with Chuck. It is why I culled most of it out to YMAS. Yes, and who are we to define anything? Call up the big three because, investigators have nothing to do with their definitions.

Here is a very good thread dealing with your issue in a much less confrontational tone.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97807

This is pure gold as a response which summarizes the issue.

The truth is that personally? I am hardly neutral and I have no need to understand Mark's defintion as gospel.... Ony as a defintion that has the virtue of being from an expert and of being used by the person being judged. Others would have one believe that somehow this does not matter regarding Chuck... the big polka dotted elephant in the room is that if this is so then all the investigations involving this standard have to be redone.

But heres the thing: when there is no definition than you have Nihlism and you cannot have anything but the arbitrary... and then how can you investigate others and comment on their standards?

Certainly one can mention irony.... but Mark hardly left this stone unturned He is the first to say that Porter was quite a talent and that this was not the issue. No the issue is, was and always will be... NOT whether one can trot out a Judo guy who is not one of the big three, BUT whether one can justify Hypocracy and perhaps what was a deliberate lie... for this impartial one I can laugh off the bullshit that Chuck was ever on a mat in his life ( I doubt he was) and give him that benefit of the doubt if need be. We are still left with his hypocracy and some other issues.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal opinion here. People are getting hung up on the "Judo" thing. Chuck has no judo rank. He even admitted it himself.

The questions I have now are

1. Was Chuck conned into thinking he was doing Judo by a "Porter" type person

2. Did Chuck participate in any type of event on the Air Force Base

3. Did Chuck have any type of training in MA.

How best can we as a site go about answering these questions?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 8:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    My personal opinion here. People are getting hung up on the "Judo" thing.
    Yes, because that is what some people feel was used to hang Chuck among other things. It is important and not a hang up at all especially if we look at question #1.
    Chuck has no judo rank. He even admitted it himself.
    He did where? I may have missed that post.

1. Was Chuck conned into thinking he was doing Judo by a "Porter" type person

2. Did Chuck participate in any type of event on the Air Force Base

3. Did Chuck have any type of training in MA.
    You do know all of these have been asked by Kintanon, Russ, Girljock and others in the MABS right?

How best can we as a site go about answering these questions?
    There are three people already trying to do that in the MABS thread.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 8:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He did where? I may have missed that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    I thought I had a USJA sankyu. I don't. I've said so. Tripp is conflating several issues, for whatever reason. I agree with him: My sankyu is crap, and I conceded that long ago. I had a good faith basis for thinking it was valid, and I was dead wrong.
    Good enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333940414243 44 LastLast