Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    So far, I haven't seen an answer to a question I asked a long time ago in all of this.

Considering Moose has apparently stated to MTripp that he didn't ask Chuck to find further information about his father's military records, What prompted Chuck, apparently without any previous reason or enquiry, to pull Moose's dad's name out of thin air and make whatever requests he made ?

I can understand the drama this situation has caused and I can also understand Moose not wanting to pour fuel on this already smoldering situation but, I find his lack of contribution anywhere on these discussion, even if that were just to reinforce the apparent non-request, as a little odd.

Now, I'll say this for the record again.

I'm not defending Chuck, I'm not in the tank with Chuck I'm merely trying to see an angle on this.

Mark Tripp has repeatedly stated that Chuck messed with family, if that's the case (and it may well be) I need an answer to my above question; because, *IF* Moose did ask for that information.. One or two other issues of Chuck's behaviour aside, Moose has some explaining to do.

So I'd like to see Moose respond here please.

I’d also like to publically say that I’m personally sorry to hear of any strife within the Moose household and hope things all straighten out with time.

Dave
    This is key, I mentioned it way back but it never got answered.

It's really the most important piece, because, although it's pathetic, lying about having a sankyu in Judo isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of life and, though it's illegal and wrong, getting information via unscrupulous methods at least had a purpose behind it. If he was poking around Moose's dad's records just for ammunition to hurt people he was having an e-argument with he's a horrible person, but if Moose asked him to do it....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 3:53pm

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to confirm that MIT was contacted, you need the name of the person he spoke to.

If you simply want to confirm that Mr. Hardin did or did not attend or complete a program at MIT, you do not need the name of the person with whom he spoke.

Depends what you are trying to establish in fact.

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 10:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Someone hasn't been paying attention.
    #484 the obtuse complaint that poster a is not understanding the issue. Note for 484 one has to use this statement with absolutely no proof thereof making it a sort of ad hominum statement with little or no validity.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 11:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone else feel that "'So and So' never registered with the 'Big Three'" is an inadequate measure of participation in Judo?
    With Karl Geis, Gerald Lafon, the AAU etc., it seems downright disingenuous to assert that there can be no Judo outside of the USJA, JI etc.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 1:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Does anyone else feel that "'So and So' never registered with the 'Big Three'" is an inadequate measure of participation in Judo?
    With Karl Geis, Gerald Lafon, the AAU etc., it seems downright disingenuous to assert that there can be no Judo outside of the USJA, JI etc.
    In this case, Chuck thought he was registered with the USJA, so that was a valid test for that particular claim.

In terms of the shiai, efforts are being made to contact the people and organizations who would have been involved in such events. Given that it was a quarter-century ago, it's not easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 2:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Understood in Chuck's case, but that yardstick has been used over and over.
    I'm speaking in general terms.
    If the AAU isn't doing Judo, what is it?
    Should anyone be faulted for claiming it was Judo if all the teachers/coaches,
    literature, storefronts etc. clearly say "Judo" on them?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 8:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God we are now going in circles in both threads. Stop focusing on what is judo and what is not. It was explained somewhere and if you don't agree that is fine. According to Mtripp no they rank in their system and they teach "judo."

No, don't argue with me because all I want to see is what can be found on this tournament and school.

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 2:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    God we are now going in circles in both threads. Stop focusing on what is judo and what is not. It was explained somewhere and if you don't agree that is fine. According to Mtripp no they rank in their system and they teach "judo."

No, don't argue with me because all I want to see is what can be found on this tournament and school.
    According to Mtripp no they rank in their system and they teach "judo."

I would recommend that people say it over and over again.... It will sink in eventually.

Part of any testimony is to establish a standard. Without any standards all claims become arbitrary. For example, I happen to like the teachings of the Buddha... fair enough, no problems there... I then say that according to me the Buddha believes our soul is preserved when we die.... uh oh something is wrong here!!! so Der is contacted and says "Buddhists do not believe in a permanent soul!!" well I find five Buddhists that do! I quote a particular school of Buddhism that deviates and suddenly people are arguing with Der that he said Buddhism is about this and that and yadayada ect.

It does not work that way folks. You may find twenty Judoka and 20 Buddhists that have different opinions but anyone with any pull and understanding will gravitate towards the fundamental expert opinion of people who know what the **** they are talking about.

The reason for this again is without these standards then all standards are arbitrary... Come to dsimon's buddha juda academy where yu can be a back belt in what I call judo and learn what I call Buddhism...
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 2:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it all revolves around semantics?
    Judo® vs Judo?
    So all the AAU stuff is not Judo then, correct?
    I'm not trying to argue just clear the air.
    Please cull my last few posts into a new thread if that's a better idea.

Ftr Coach Reinhardt seems to disagree somewhat in the "Judo question for Coach Tripp" thread.

...The ranks he issues in Judo through his own organization would be only recognized by that organization. This does not mean that your "friends" would not be learning good Judo....
    my bold

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 3:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So it all revolves around semantics?
    Judo® vs Judo?
    So all the AAU stuff is not Judo then, correct?
    I'm not trying to argue just clear the air.
    Please cull my last few posts into a new thread if that's a better idea.

Ftr Coach Reinhardt seems to disagree somewhat in the "Judo question for Coach Tripp" thread.

my bold
    You can't clear the air. You are rehashing the same thing that has been argued in the MABS thread and culled plus argued here.

Basically, you agree or don't and that is it.