Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:14pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I am not sure if any of that matters.

He comes on and says "Look, I messed up, I wanted to play with the big boys, and I really messed up. Nut I have done some good work, and I'd like to do more good work in the future of you let me."

That would be enough for me, and I'd say go for it.
    It matters to me if he intentionally lied about his back round or if he just assumed things were a certain way and thought he was speaking truthfully. It also doesn't look too good for Bullshido, if an investigator has training skeletons in his closet.

Considering how many investigations he's done and how smart he is, it's raises questions why he never looked at his own past and started putting the pieces together.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    It matters to me if he intentionally lied about his back round or if he just assumed things were a certain way and thought he was speaking truthfully. It also doesn't look too good for Bullshido, if an investigator has training skeletons in his closet.

Considering how many investigations he's done and how smart he is, it's raises questions why he never looked at his own past and started putting the pieces together.
    What I said earlier. In any case, we can't go on like this.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Looks like we owe you... Well, something. I will pay mine in beer.
    You have no idea how good that beer will taste or how bad I need it :)

Thank you.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 7:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDefense View Post
    Those who are atempting to come up with wild scenarios explaining how none of this is Cy's fault...Ocham's Razor...
    You sir are the smartest man in the room

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 7:50pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to echo 100% of what Coffeefan has said, it's everything I'm thinking thus far almost to a T.

Second, I have the utmost respect for Coach Tripp, his knowledge and authority on judo, and his research into this, but at the same time Coach was not there when these events purportedly happened.

Third, I am going to withhold judgment until as much relevant data and facts can be gathered, and this can be looked at as a whole. I believe the keys here will be some clarification by Chuck, and most importantly the items that Kintanon is running down.

This has the trappings of a witch hunt, but again I understand what lead to this point. Level-headedness needs to prevail here.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 8:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Second, I have the utmost respect for Coach Tripp, his knowledge and authority on judo, and his research into this, but at the same time Coach was not there when these events purportedly happened.>>>

Chuck was not there when ANY of the events he investigated happened. Is that equally important or is this comment just flummery? I do not have to be there sir; we have what he has said, and we have what I have found. We also have third party confirmation from Mark Hunter.

<<<Third, I am going to withhold judgment until as much relevant data and facts can be gathered, and this can be looked at as a whole. I believe the keys here will be some clarification by Chuck, and most importantly the items that Kintanon is running down.>>>

So, cause I want to be clear, what I have uncovered thus far is not enough for you? Mark Hunter just posted everything that Kintanon wanted to run down. What is missing? You think there are still keys left to find?

<<<This has the trappings of a witch hunt, but again I understand what lead to this point. Level-headedness needs to prevail here.>>>

The trappings of a Witch Hunt? Please tell me EXACTLY where I made this into that? Level headedness? I submit I have been the perfect example of same.

This is why people are saying the rules do not apply equally here.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 8:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    I would also like to echo 100% of what Coffeefan has said, it's everything I'm thinking thus far almost to a T.

Second, I have the utmost respect for Coach Tripp, his knowledge and authority on judo, and his research into this, but at the same time Coach was not there when these events purportedly happened.

Third, I am going to withhold judgment until as much relevant data and facts can be gathered, and this can be looked at as a whole. I believe the keys here will be some clarification by Chuck, and most importantly the items that Kintanon is running down.

This has the trappings of a witch hunt, but again I understand what lead to this point. Level-headedness needs to prevail here.
    Whacker, you are off base here. I'll tell you what you are going to find: you're going to find that the coach in question, a registered Shodan with the USJA, took his students to sanctioned events only. For which they were issued membership cards. Records of which will be retrievable from the USJA. I understand that you want to follow normal procedure here. What YOU need to understand is that the issue is already settled, you just aren't grasping Coach Tripp's argument fully yet.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Whacker, you are off base here. I'll tell you what you are going to find: you're going to find that the coach in question, a registered Shodan with the USJA, took his students to sanctioned events only. For which they were issued membership cards. Records of which will be retrievable from the USJA. I understand that you want to follow normal procedure here. What YOU need to understand is that the issue is already settled, you just aren't grasping Coach Tripp's argument fully yet.
    Just about any respect I had for you is about out the fucking window now.

Get off your high fucking horse, fix your fucking attitude, and SHOW US exactly where the **** Chuck lied, including a LINK to the ************ and a PARAGRAPH AND SENTENCE CITATION where the fucking lie is, AND then show me the fucking money where Coach or someone else PROVES the ************ is a LIE beyond ALL DOUBT. It's real goddamn simple. I'm getting real sick and tired of trying to sort through 1000 posts in 10 threads.

MAYBE then you'll get some real attention and MAYBE then I'll fucking believe you.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what, screw it. It's not worth it.
    Last edited by Whacker; 6/22/2010 9:27pm at .

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Just about any respect I had for you is about out the fucking window now.

Get off your high fucking horse, fix your fucking attitude, and SHOW US exactly where the **** Chuck lied, including a LINK to the ************ and a PARAGRAPH AND SENTENCE CITATION where the fucking lie is, AND then show me the fucking money where Coach or someone else PROVES the ************ is a LIE beyond ALL DOUBT. It's real goddamn simple. I'm getting real sick and tired of trying to sort through 1000 posts in 10 threads.

MAYBE then you'll get some real attention and MAYBE then I'll fucking believe you.
    Look, I am not on any high horse. I have been sitting at Coach Tripp's foot for a week now listening to him go through it, figure it out, explain it to me numerous different ways AND I STILL GET IT WRONG. Even what I posted earlier that you have quoted is not correct: it left open the possibility that unsanctioned events actually exist. They do not. Thank you Coach Tripp for correcting me again.

I was not trying to insult you when I said you haven't got the full implications of the argument yet, I was trying to get you to KEEP TRYING.

Look Mark Tripp and Mark Hunter are the USJA; Mark Hunter is the USJI. They very well could have been the folks presiding over Matt Morton's case at the USJA. Did we argue with that position? Not hardly.

As for dredging up a specific quote using search function, go look through everything Chuck said about fighting as a junior. Those lies are not his only ones, but they are the most central to Tripp's argument.

As for your insults, get it out of your system. We'll all be friends again tomorrow. Literally.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast