Page 1 of 44 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YMAS CY MABS cull

Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    As I have shown, there is a serious problem with the claims of rank made by Mr. Hardin. He was a junior at the time, and yet claims to have earned senior rank.

I have personal experience with this issue, because when Frank Hubbard, the Coach at the Budokan Judo club in Dearborn MI, tried to make me Brown Belt with the USJA WAY back in 1969, he was told I was a junior and could not be made a Sankyu. Frank wrote back and said you should see how big he is! We simply waited until I was 17 and then moved me into the senior program.

Mr. Hardin would HAVE to have earned ranks prior to the brown, or even the green belt. Even if the senior rank system were used, there would have to be a promotion for Rokyu (Yellow Belt) and then Gokyu (Orange Belt) BEFORE we get to Yokyu (Green Belt) and then Sankyu (Brown belt, 3rd degree). Every one of those promotions would have required testing, promotion papers filled out, paid for, and signed, and then the receipt of said promotion packet. Every one of them would have been entered into the database at USJA headquarters.

However, as a junior he would have had to go through 10 separate promotions testing’s to get to brown belt (Junior 11th degree.) If the belt was green rather than brown, and I would think Mr. Hardin should remember the color as it was the LAST rank he earned in Judo, then he would have only had 5 separate promotions to have gone through as a junior. BUT, as I said, each and every one of those would require a new test, forms, and promotion packet. EVERY one would generate a new rank/membership card with USJA.

Obviously you would have to be a member of USJA to get these promotions.
    IF Mr. Hardin was a junior ranked player, who then became a senior ranked player, there is a form to be filled out and submitted to move a player from junior to senior status. Again, I did this with my player Josh Gilbert at a Spirit of the Eagle Camp years ago.

The point is, there would be a paper trail if ANY of these events took place.
    Sadly, using as many different spellings as I could think of, USJA has NO record of Mr. Hardin. In point of fact, they have NO Hardin in the database at all. No promotions, no membership, nothing on him at all.

This becomes more troubling when the question of attendance at Shiai (tournaments) comes up. Of course we are speaking of sanctioned Shiai. EVERY judo group in the US frowns on unsanctioned shiai’s due to the lack of insurance, and the liability issues of their coaches being sued at an unsanctioned event. ANY coach who takes players to unsanctioned events is subject to severe punishment including stripping them of ranks and certifications and membership.

There is simply no way the Junior Shiai’s were unsanctioned which means you would HAVE to be a member of USJI, USJA, or USJF to get on the mat. EVERYONE on the mat would have to be. If even one person was on that mat and uninsured, it voids the insurance for the entire event. Again, use the web site to look up sanctions for tournaments and you will see the guidelines.

Mr. Hardin claims his father registered him for his Shiai. If this happened, where is the record of his membership? The check would have been made out to USJA and given to the tournament director. It is the tournament director NOT the club coach who registers and files the paperwork for the new members at the Shiai. Failure to do this is unheard of, as it opens them up for a liability claim. I have NEVER heard of someone joining one of the Judo groups at a Shiai and not getting their membership materials.

More to the point, when Mr. Hardin went to his second Shiai, he would have had to present his membership card. You cannot play unless you are a member. Even if his coach kept all the promotion money, and issued dojo papers for his rank, you could NOT fight in ANY Judo Shiai without a membership card.

Mr. Hardin says his club was a USJA club, and that he checked out his Coach. So, again, we have a major problem, if you cannot fight in a Shiai without being a member, and the USJA says Mr. Hardin has NEVER been a member, then there is only one sad conclusion to be drawn. The entire story simply cannot be true in the face of the facts of this story.

I have no idea what Mr. Hardin did or did not do in his youth. I do know that USJA has NO evidence to support any of his claims of efforts in Judo. Based on my personal knowledge of how the Judo world works in the US, I have no other choice but to say that the story as related by Mr. Hardin is clearly false.

I leave it to this forum and board as to what they wish to do with this information. As for me it is VERY plain that the current belief is that you must either side with Chuck or Matt, and woe to you for your choice!

I have NOT chosen sides; I have simply researched claims about Judo. People who have been respectful to me here, no longer are. I cannot “ignore” insulting comments from people in positions of power, and frankly they all should be thrilled THEY didn’t have to do the job they asked me to.

It galls me all the more when I see that the person who actually caused this **** storm has now got EVERYTHING he wanted. The site is disrupted, and I will NOT be here any more either. So many of you are such fools…

Good luck guys, but this is my stop. I now return, to the shadows.
    :new_xmas:

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I HAZ NOTING TO SEZ

redacted

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't post like this again, this is your only warning
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too late

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freaky

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Chuck Hardin's Bullshido page;

"I trained in judo between the ages of 14 and 16. In early adulthood, I took up tiger style kung fu, but never got much past the basic shaolin chuan material. I tried judo again recently and hurt my back. I hope the damage is reversible."

Chuck Hardin can you please provide dates, scanned certs and the most comprehensive timeline possible to support the above statements?

For instance;

How long exactly did you train tiger style kung fu (days, years?) and roughly how many classes?

You tried Judo again..?...For how long, where at, from who exactly and how many classes would you say you did before you got hurt?

Answering these questions will go a long way in helping this investigation along and if you did not "inflate" these claims then they should be easy to back up as MTripp has laid out.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hegs View Post
    I couldn't say it any better. Take care Mr. Tripp. You'll be missed.
    100%

You are invaluable Mark.

May we contact you via the Tripp signal in times of Judo crisis? :)

Be well.

Edit: @Fake I hope you don't consider these expressions of sentiment to be against the grain of your request for focus. The man deserves his props.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/22/2010 1:49pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 2:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    100%

You are invaluable Mark.

May we contact you via the Tripp signal in times of Judo crisis? :)

Be well.

Edit: @Fake I hope you don't consider these expressions of sentiment to be against the grain of your request for focus. The man deserves his props.
    Yep, they will be moved as all kudos regardless of who they are for have been before. He deserves them, he gets them as does Omega, Steve, CY you, T Hunter, Phrost, and many others that are all siting in a YMAS thread from a MABS standpoint.

*redacted as unnecessary baiting*
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/22/2010 2:11pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 2:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthfindsU View Post
    From Chuck Hardin's Bullshido page;

"I trained in judo between the ages of 14 and 16. In early adulthood, I took up tiger style kung fu, but never got much past the basic shaolin chuan material. I tried judo again recently and hurt my back. I hope the damage is reversible."

Chuck Hardin can you please provide dates, scanned certs and the most comprehensive timeline possible to support the above statements?

For instance;

How long exactly did you train tiger style kung fu (days, years?) and roughly how many classes?

You tried Judo again..?...For how long, where at, from who exactly and how many classes would you say you did before you got hurt?

Answering these questions will go a long way in helping this investigation along and if you did not "inflate" these claims then they should be easy to back up as MTripp has laid out.
    Something you couldn't provide yourself? **** you and let the big boys handle the Adult matters. Considering how you took MTripp to task now you sit here and ride his carriage?

**** you. He is the only reason this thread stays in MABS because, whether I agree with it or not, I know it isn't a vendetta thread with him. You are posting as a fucking vendetta and that is why, among the fact you **** up serious threads, and have five accounts you were banned.

Chuck Hardin's Judo claims... - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/22/2010 3:04pm at .

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark, I've sent you a PM
Page 1 of 44 1 234511 ... LastLast