Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:17pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Markjudo,

After following Mr Tripps advice to read up on the PDF's he linked, I see what he and you are saying.

I believe that Chuck claimed 1985? I am assuming that a con of such proportions is (again, as Mark has stated) unfeasible on the face of it.

I would second Coffeefans request that Chuck return and comment more upon these tournaments. If there's something we're missing Chuck, now would be the time to tell us... silence, as they say, speaks volumes...

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markjudo View Post
    Hello
    Mark Tripp has asked me to join in this topic.
    Everything Mark has posted so far is FACT.

You can NOT hold an Event withiout having a Sanction in place through the USJA, USJI, or USF. If you have other true Judo Players in the event and they are members of one of the NATIONAL organization, they are at risk.

Everyone must have membership in a National Judo Org. to compete in Sanction Event.

You must be 17 to hold USJA Senior Rank unless you have to been in judo a long time and you have permission from the USJA Headqauters. The youngest I have seen is 15 years old.

When did these events occur? I have been in Judo since June 6th, 1970.

Mark Hunter
    USJA Regional Coordiantor
    President of Ohio Judo, Inc (USA Judo)
    Member of the USJF
    Thank you Mark. Gentlemen please notice that Mark holds VERY high office in BOTH the NGB for Judo (USJI, AKA USA Judo) as well as USJA. He had personally held and ran hundreds of Shiai over the years, as well as many summer camps. He is impeachable on these matters.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The events I'm currently looking at are two judo tournaments held between 1984 and 1985 at the Bergstrom Airforce Base in Austin Texas. If we can get any info about those at all it would be very helpful. I've contacted some folks who were involved with Judo at the AFB near that time and hope to hear from them soon. I've also contacted a couple of potential leads on Chuck's instructor, Bill Kitz. I've also contacted the Austin Community Schools regarding their judo program from that era to see if they can offer any information that might be helpful for me.
    I can state for the record that there is NO way a fake Judo group was holding a Shiai on Bergstrom Airforce Base. I have no doubt that any Shiai on the base had to be a sanctioned event.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDefense View Post
    Those who are atempting to come up with wild scenarios explaining how none of this is Cy's fault...Ocham's Razor...
    In case someone does not know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These should probably be put in this thread for reference.

Primary Style
    Judo
    Other Interests and Information
    Practiced judo as an adolescent, kung fu as a young adult, and now back to judo.
    Martial Arts Experience
    I trained in judo between the ages of 14 and 16. In early adulthood, I took up tiger style kung fu, but never got much past the basic shaolin chuan material. I have returned to judo recently.
    At last! Thank you.

My training history, in toto:

1983-1985: Judo, studied under Bill Kitz in Austin, TX, a registered shodan with the USJA. I made sankyu but have not kept up my dues. I'm told this means I'm still sankyu, which is mostly a joke, given what follows.

2001: Northern Shaolin kung fu at East Wind Training Hall under Donald Finley. Never got much past the initial shaolin chuan material.

Late 2009-2010: Tried to re-enter judo. Trained at a white belt level, badly, with some students at U of Minnesota. Aggravated an old ruptured disc between L4 and L5 with an extrusion impinging on the nerves of the left leg. Leg is now mostly numb and occasionally unresponsive to motor commands.

Still able to fax forms, file reports, write investigations, code, and occasionally dance for the amusement of passersby.
    Correct. Our club used a green belt for that rank, from what I recall. If I was supposed to wear a brown, I was never told to do so. Recently, at the U of M, I was told it was a brown. I think this also came up in a discussion with another Bully. Hence, I referred to it accordingly.
    I was 16 in 1985.
    The belt system changed once. At the beginning we were using some bizarre system with ten degrees of white, ten of blue, ten of red, and ten of red, white, and blue. I think the instructor called it "American Freestyle Fighting Arts" or something. At the time, I didn't think anything of it.

Later, when we started to have students good enough to get into local tournaments, we found that this wouldn't fly, so he registered us with the USJA. We then went with their belt system.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:00pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he train with Keith Swartz? Mr Swartz was a SANDAN back then and was at the U of M.

I will call Keith Swartz soon.

Keith has a series of Judo videos out there. He was VERY active in the USJA

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he train with Keith Swartz? Mr Swartz was a SANDAN back then and was at the U of M.

I will call Keith Swartz soon.

Keith has a series of Judo videos out there. He was VERY active in the USJA
    He says his instructor was Bill Kitz and that he use to be on a white, blue, red belt system that switched to the USJA system while he was training there. Would have been between 83 and 85 when this switch took place. Hope that helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    William Kitz

Member Id:14964Active:yesStandingClub Number:TX0900Club Name:Unattached TexasInsurance Expiration:1/1/1900Membership:RegularMember Since: Life Member #:1728Life Member Date:Rank HistoryDateArtRank3/30/1981JudoShodan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Data base for USJA has William Kitz listed as a Shodan (date of Rank) 3-30-1981
    Has him listed to club in TEXAS

No Information for Chuck Hardin anywhere in the Data Base

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    William Kitz

Member Id:14964Active:yesStandingClub Number:TX0900Club Name:Unattached TexasInsurance Expiration:1/1/1900Membership:RegularMember Since: Life Member #:1728Life Member Date:Rank HistoryDateArtRank3/30/1981JudoShodan
    Is there any info on him owning a dojo under the USJA system? (I don't know if you guys keep this data) Is there any record of him submitting paperwork for his students to the USJA for tournaments or registering or promotions? Is there any contact info?

edit: Also how did he obtain Shodan?
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast