Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 12:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    Only because Chuck Hardin used his supposed Judo experience as a basis to judge others.
    No, he never did in any of the investigations he conducted. This is simply not true. He used Mark Tripp's knowledge to judge people's ranks fake or false. The real issue is the lie and the balking at the application of the same standards to himself.

The main problem, which you just repeated, is the perception he conducted a large number of investigations. He did not. he wrote up probably triple what he investigated or conducted.

Looking back, he was very careful to stay away from any Martially related statements. He always deferred to the actual practitioners.

Since Mr. Harding was part of numerous Bullshido investigations, his dishonesty throws a taint (albeit a mild one) on all of the investigations that he was involved with.
    True.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 1:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correction noted.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 6:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are we still talking about this? It seems to be a non issue. Cy didn't do Judo or at least not what Tripp has defined Judo as. Cy says he did Tripp's Judo and was proven that he didn't. Judo seems to be the mostly highly regulated of all martial arts. The other issues of Cy seem to be more important.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 6:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdjudohead View Post
    Why are we still talking about this? It seems to be a non issue. Cy didn't do Judo or at least not what Tripp has defined Judo as. Cy says he did Tripp's Judo and was proven that he didn't. Judo seems to be the mostly highly regulated of all martial arts. The other issues of Cy seem to be more important.
    You know if you want something to die you shouldn't post right? Now, the question applies to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 9:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is from Steve Durchin. I got the name from chuck so I wrote to steve and asked a few questions. His answers are in caps. It doesn't add much other than at least Bill Kitz did teach in a community setting.

Did you ever train judo or any other martial art under Bill Kitz in Austin Tx?
    YES

Do you remember where you trained? i.e. a proper gym, a community college field house, or something else?
    BEDICHECK JUNIOR HIGH GYM

Do you recall Chuck Hardin being in any classes with you?
    NO; BUT I REMEMBER DISCUSSING KITZ'S PROGRAM WITH CHARLES AT CROCKETT HS IN AUSTIN.

Did you ever spar with Chuck?
    NO BUT DID "SCREW AROUND" AS FAR AS TRADING KICKS AND PUNCHES AT 3/4 SPEED; CHARLES' TECHNIQUE WAS THAT AS KITZ TAUGHT

Do you remember any judo tournaments that Bill Kitz took you to while training with him?
    I WENT TO A JUDO MATCH WITH ANOTHER SCHOOL; I DON'T RECALL ANY DETAILS

Do you remember ever going to practice judo, watch tournaments or participate in tournaments on Bergstrom AFB-specifically in the mid 80's?
    NO

Is there anything else you would like to add?
    I STUDIED WITH BILL KITZ IN 1983 AND 1984 THROUGH A COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM; WHEN I STARTED, KITZ WAS TEACHING JUDO ONLY; KITZ THEN ADDED A SELF-DEFENSE COURSE; ABOUT THE TIME THAT KITZ BEGAN FORMATION OF THE AMERICAN FREESTYLE FIGHTING ASSOCIATION (AFFA), I QUIT MY STUDY. KITZ'S STYLE WAS BASED ON WING CHUN WITH SOME JUJITSU "TRICKS".

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of curiosity, who is Steve Durchin and how did you contact him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2010 2:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, who is Steve Durchin and how did you contact him?
    Steve is just someone who trained under Bill Kitz in Austin around the same time Chuck claimed to have trained. Other than that, I have no idea who he is. I got his name from Chuck (which I put in the original post). I wrote to Steve and asked him some questions. Unfortunately he didn't have a lot to add.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142