Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:44pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stuart Anslow's new Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns.

Mr. Anslow has developed a series of books on the Ch'ang Hon Patterns. This is not an applications book. I am looking forward to this.

Amazon.com: THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF TAEKWON-DO PATTERNS, Vol 1 (9781906628161): Stuart Paul Anslow: Books

From Amazon:

The Encyclopedia Of Taekwon-Do Patterns is a unique series of books that feature the complete works of General Choi, Hong Hi; Creator of the Ch'ang Hon system of Taekwon-Do and founder of the International Taekwon-Do Federation; as well as the patterns further devised by some of his most talented and legendary pioneers; Grandmaster Park, Jung Tae and Grandmaster Kim, Bok Man. This 3-volume set is the only series of books in the world to feature all of the 25 patterns created by General Choi and his Taekwon-Do pioneers (including both Juche and Ko-Dang), as well as all 3 Saju exercises, the 6 Global Taekwon-Do Federation patterns developed by Grandmaster Park, Jung Tae and the Silla Knife Pattern instituted by Grandmaster Kim, Bok Man. Utilizing over 1,600 photographs the student is shown in precise detail, each and every pattern from beginning to end, including useful tips on their performance and things unique to particular organisations (such as Kihap points etc.). Displayed in full step-by-step photographic detail, which displays not just the final move but the 'in-between' motions as well making each book ideal to learn or revise your patterns, no matter which organisation you belong to. Volume 1 takes the student of Taekwon-Do on his or her journey from 10th Kup White Belt through to 1st Degree Black Belt and also includes the first of the Black Belt patterns. No matter which Taekwon-Do organisation you belong to, the Encyclopedia Of Taekwon-Do Patterns covers all you need to know to take you from White Belt to Taekwon-Do Master.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are actually three books and a boxset but they are not listed on Amazon as of yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 1:48pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want an encyclopedia of the the chang hon TKD sylabus what's wrong with Gen Choi's encyclopedia?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 11:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is nothing wrong with Choi's Encyclopedia but it could be improved on. It doesn't show every move and that leaves things open to debate. The most important thing though is price as Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do is about $300 while Mr. Anslow's set will be about $60 for the boxed set.

Is there anything wrong with another reference book particularly since we have been exposed to Mr.Anslow's work with both his previous book and with Totally TKD magazine?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 4:55pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no problem with mr anslow's work I own a copy of his pattern application book and think its exelent. But you've got to remember that choi's encyclopedia is a condensed version it actually misses out quite alot of stuff. What is this book offering that chois isnt?

As for the price you just quoted that is way off I only payed 60 for mine im not sure what the exchange rate is but im sure it is'nt that steep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 10:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were you talking about the single version of Choi's Book? I thought we were talking about the 15 volume set. In that case... the single volume leaves out a lot of information. I have seen the single volume on Ebay for about $50 although TKD Times sells it for more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2010 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

low price

Totally TKD (issue 17) states that Amazon has the books listed for 24.99 when they should be listed at 29.00. This would be the difference that the box set would be. When I went to Amazon the price listed was only 22.49 but I don't know how long this will last.

Amazon.com: The Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns, Vol. 2 (9781906628178): Stuart Paul Anslow: Books

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2010 10:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Traditional TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might look into it. I have access to the Full Encyclopedia, my Instructor has that and the condensed version. It's always good to see other view points.

You might also consider looking into the digital version of the big volume encyclopedia, it's cheaper and possibly free if you know where to look.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2010 6:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did the rest of this thread go? So does the book have the transition movements?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 7:23am

Style: Ch'ang Hon Taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdjudohead View Post
    So does the book have the transition movements?
    Yes they do.

Regards,

Stuart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast