--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, of course it's BS.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:44am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm noticing mullet man left the other guy's arm completely free there. Is there some kind of JKD technique that lets you defend against getting your head pounded in while you try to "nibble"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 3:35pm

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    So I'm noticing mullet man left the other guy's arm completely free there. Is there some kind of JKD technique that lets you defend against getting your head pounded in while you try to "nibble"?
    well its not a matter of staying there and eating his arm its bite, reposition and continue with BJJ or escape etc. I think that thats the biggest mistake you can make with kino mutai, is believe that its the fight ender. It's not, its about repositioning. And he can still punch you, but punching from that distance is not going to have much power and it probably wont knock you out. Where as the RNC its like a 10 second KO? ill take the punch

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And he can still punch you, but punching from that distance is not going to have much power and it probably wont knock you out
    Have you ever been cracked in the temple or behind the ear? The entire side of his head is wide open with both arms holding the one he's biting in place. Getting hit bareknuckle in the temple, even at that distance, is at the very least going to faze you long enough for the other person to be able to do some extremely unkind things to you. And probably worse now that you've bitten him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Have you ever been cracked in the temple or behind the ear? The entire side of his head is wide open with both arms holding the one he's biting in place. Getting hit bareknuckle in the temple, even at that distance, is at the very least going to faze you long enough for the other person to be able to do some extremely unkind things to you. And probably worse now that you've bitten him.
    ya know what? i have been hit on the temple. doing the punch block trap and roll, yet i was taught in bjj, so WTF? I was taught that the punches would be to weak(bullshit) and i wouldnt get that badly hurt. Guess what? I took a hit to the temple was dazed as **** and still established my mount/GnP.The fact is from the mount your likely to get punched just as much. if you werent paying attention, he was defending after he was in RNC, and the bite is there just so you dont have to struggle with him trying to re establish the RNC.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    ya know what? i have been hit on the temple. doing the punch block trap and roll, yet i was taught in bjj, so WTF? I was taught that the punches would be to weak(bullshit) and i wouldnt get that badly hurt. Guess what? I took a hit to the temple was dazed as **** and still established my mount/GnP.The fact is from the mount your likely to get punched just as much. if you werent paying attention, he was defending after he was in RNC, and the bite is there just so you dont have to struggle with him trying to re establish the RNC.
    Re-establish the choke? If you bite someone while they're trying to choke you, your worry should be them bashing your head in, not trying to re-establish the choke. You're using two arms to secure one and leaving the other completely free to strike at vulnerable spots while the opponent is in a dominant position.

Main point being, biting somebody depends entirely on their pain reaction. You can't be guaranteed that if you bite, they're going to do what you think they're going to. If you're going to sacrifice position for a pain compliance technique, you'd better be able to do something awful to them with it if they don't go along with it. If they refuse to play nice in an armbar, you can break the arm. If they don't calm down in a choke, you put them to sleep. If you bite someone, they...bleed on you while they bounce your head off the pavement?
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 6/22/2010 7:18pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:45am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    Its a called kino mutai. ask der auslander for more info, he has higher rank than me I believe, and i dont want to misrepresent anything.
    Uh.

Hi, have we met?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:46am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I would love to hear what DA has to say on the subject because he speaks truth.
    Sigh...what do you want to know?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 1:07am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Uh.

Hi, have we met?
    Why do I picture you and a girl you had one night stand with that you cannot recall. Then she gets upset and throw cup of water in your face.

She: hey der
    Der: Uh, hi have we met?
    She: u banged my brains out and u don't remember?
    *throw cup of water

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Uh.

Hi, have we met?
    No I don't think so. Im an apprentice instructor under Hector Solis, I just recently got promoted and I am not on the instructors list. Out of all the groundwork I learned except the BJJ "sumbrada" flow we never really bit much, during my instructor-ship course I was told that any soft part that juts from the body can be bit and that are 144 places etc. sames stuff I have heard for years.... What I didnt properly ask, is when should I time the bite for example the video I posted earlier, what about his free hand? I asked Burton Richarson whether he really emphasizes biting like we do in PFS. He said no, because if the opponent is in a dominant position it could back fire, though it does have uses in creating openings. Is that something we believe about it also? I know this may seem like I am a newbie who did a two day program but I am not, and I have been doing this for a while now, but this was never properly explained to me beyond we need to get to purple belt skill at least and we need to bite to cheat. It's funny because i enjoy the ground game the most but its always been so enigmatic, our approach, to me.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast