is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooshoo View Post
    That's wise advice. I'm still at a loss about where to train though!
    Right here:
    http://www.kentstatesports.com/Sport...47&SPSID=47594

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do/Kali/Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    Not to be picky but wrestling isn't really what I'm interested in. I know its good to know but I'll probably give it a try

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 9:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to be picky but wrestling isn't really what I'm interested in. I know its good to know but I'll probably give it a try
    If I was planning on going into MMA after college, I would jump at the chance to train with D1 wrestlers for four years. Wrestling has an off-season that would give you plenty of opportunities to train in boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc.

Wrestling will make you tough, insanely strong and well-conditioned. Plus, it may provide the single best base for MMA of any combat sport.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I was planning on going into MMA after college, I would jump at the chance to train with D1 wrestlers for four years. Wrestling has an off-season that would give you plenty of opportunities to train in boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc.

Wrestling will make you tough, insanely strong and well-conditioned. Plus, it may provide the single best base for MMA of any combat sport.
    Well thank you I'm convinced! I'll definately try it out. I just have to make some D1 wrestler friends

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well thank you I'm convinced! I'll definately try it out. I just have to make some D1 wrestler friends
    You don't have to necessarily make any friends first. Find out where the wrestling team practices when you get to campus. Go up to the coach and tell him that you know you probably won't get a scholarship and probably won't get to compete, but that you'd like to train with the team. Tell him about your love of wrestling and how your poor rural Ohio high school couldn't afford wrestling mats, or something. Tell him that you'll be aware of your place and position but will train just as hard as the All-Americans, and would be willing to mop the mats after every practice, or fold towels or keep score during dual meets.

Hell, just print this out and read it verbatim.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to necessarily make any friends first. Find out where the wrestling team practices when you get to campus. Go up to the coach and tell him that you know you probably won't get a scholarship and probably won't get to compete, but that you'd like to train with the team. Tell him about your love of wrestling and how your poor rural Ohio high school couldn't afford wrestling mats, or something. Tell him that you'll be aware of your place and position but will train just as hard as the All-Americans, and would be willing to mop the mats after every practice, or fold towels or keep score during dual meets.

Hell, just print this out and read it verbatim.
    I don't need to print it out because I was already jotting it down haha
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12