6/21/2010 10:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHUCK!>>>

Of course it is.

<<<I don't care if Chuck ever took Judo.>>>

Not even if he said he did, but it turns out he didn't? It doesn't matter to you that he may have lied about his martial art experience? Here, on Bullshido, THAT doesn't matter to you?

Phui!

<<<It is about the fact that I now know who Neil Ohlenkamp is and I never ever wished to.>>>

On this we agree, and indeed he is the real cause of the "Cain Mutiny" here.

<<<It is about the fact that Judo Orgs are exploding all over the place and I can't understand why.>>>

Actually this is simply not true. I have written the exact history elsewhere. We have ONE national governing body for Judo, USJI, now called USA Judo. USJA and USJF are Class A grass root groups under USJI, and it seems we now have a third. I suspect this is a silly attempt to have too many Class A groups and then remove them all, which is what USJI has worked towards for the last 30 years.

<<<Why is Judo being so overly complicated by multiple Orgs and all the strange politics that someone who doesn't do Judo really shouldn't have to care about.>>>>

If you don't do Judo, why do you care? The issue that has this place spinning is about Chuck's claims. They happen to be Judo claims so I am involved. Were those claims about BJJ, MMA, or plate spinning, then I would not be. But, it is the veracity of his claims, not the claims themselves, that is the issue.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That is what I thought. I gave you those links because, I thought you'd want to read about the problems in the Judo orgs from other judoka.
    As I said, I suspect this is yet another attempt to eliminate the entire Class A standing. However, in light of what Phil Porter did to raise money, anything is possible.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:20am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly I never once thought about Chuck while writing this. I thought about Arce/Hunter a lot more. It is all the Black Belt and higher Judoka I don't understand. I always thought that anyone with a Black Belt in Judo would have an obvious and traceable Judo Tournament record. Yet they don't seem to.

<BJJ Nut Ride>
    Not too many people care what dan or stripe you are in BJJ if you have a Black Belt. One of the reasons BJJ Blacks are so easy to debunk is because if you have a Black Belt in BJJ you are going to have a tournament record. I always thought Judo was this way too. I am disappointed to find out that it does not seem to be.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    We have ONE national governing body for Judo, USJI, now called USA Judo. USJA and USJF are Class A grass root groups under USJI, and it seems we now have a third. I suspect this is a silly attempt to have too many Class A groups and then remove them all, which is what USJI has worked towards for the last 30 years.
    What is a Class A group? What happened to AAU Judo? I'm pretty sure that is who I trained with as a Junior.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Honestly I never once thought about Chuck while writing this. I thought about Arce/Hunter a lot more. It is all the Black Belt and higher Judoka I don't understand. I always thought that anyone with a Black Belt in Judo would have an obvious and traceable Judo Tournament record. Yet they don't seem to.

<BJJ Nut Ride>
    Not too many people care what dan or stripe you are in BJJ if you have a Black Belt. One of the reasons BJJ Blacks are so easy to debunk is because if you have a Black Belt in BJJ you are going to have a tournament record. I always thought Judo was this way too. I am disappointed to find out that it does not seem to be.
    Actually this is where you are wrong; its why you have to call the Judo groups because THAT is where the records are kept. I can assure you if a person is legit, we are going to find them very quickly.

Its why someone who wanted to mess with me about my rank, backed off as quickly as he did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:25am

Style: MT/Ex-Judo NO SPRAWL?!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno about you guys, but I stopped going because they banned leg grabs.

Judo's still pretty good but it feels like the Kyokushin of grappling arts now.
    Y'know... the whole no face punching?... no leg grabs... yeah.

Heck, even Kyokushin's working its way around the no head punching now.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is a Class A group? What happened to AAU Judo? I'm pretty sure that is who I trained with as a Junior.
    Whew... you are old and WAY behind the times! Its all in here:

Odd claim against Mark Tripp's credentials, his response. - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iopyud View Post
    I dunno about you guys, but I stopped going because they banned leg grabs.

Judo's still pretty good but it feels like the Kyokushin of grappling arts now.
    Y'know... the whole no face punching?... no leg grabs... yeah.

Heck, even Kyokushin's working its way around the no head punching now.
    Keep in mind I have almost nothing to do with Olympic Judo, due to the reasons you site.

I help train some BJJ people and some MMA guys, but that is the "sporting" aspect for me these days.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any Judoka That cares about Judo needs to renounce their USJwhichever rank and just call themselves a general black belt.
    USJwho?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:31am

Style: MT/Ex-Judo NO SPRAWL?!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh damn. Judo in MMA, now that's different.

My club's bent on olympic ****.

... I dunno much about this racket but I thought that if they tap, get pinned for more than 45 seconds or they land on their back, you win.

... kinda hard to screw up an organization with like... 3 rules.
    Last edited by iopyud; 6/21/2010 10:36am at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast