Style
    Shotokan.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

new to the site but not to martial arts :)

first off, hi everyone, i'm Anthony. I practice Shotokan Karate-do and have done so for around 8 years. Well...actually make that more like 5 :( I have belonged to my school for around 8 years but i've only attended class for around 5 of those 8. I have had several injuries (all freak accidents) that have caused me to slack off quite a bit for a long time, not to mention a fiance, several jobs, and just overall real life smacking me in the face.

Anyways for the last few months i've been slowly getting myself back into the groove of things, and i decided recently that i'm ready to get damn serious into training again. I used to do bodybuilding also, but unfortunately the elbow tendonitis that i have has put a stop to that, so right now i've been doing extremely high rep very low weight workouts. I still wish to maintain most of my size but i understand it's not all going to stay, oh well.

Anyways back on topic, i have a few questions, mostly site related. First off, is there anywhere on here we can post if we're seeking training partners in our area? I live in warren ohio, so there's not a whole lot around here so i'm looking for other like minded people interested in training with me :) Secondly, how many traditional martial artists are on this site? I like getting input, techniques, strategies, and just overall BSing with like minded people. If anyone here would like to talk, i have both AIM and MSN :D

My other question is related to my elbow issue. Have other people in here had the same issue and overcome it? What are some things i can do to help heal this up (aside from rest, i've had it for 2 years, i don't think that's really going to help anymore sigh), or at least alleviate some of the pain and tightness? It hurts during pressing movements, heavy pulling movements, and alot of the time during punching, even if my elbows do not overextend and i would literally KILL to be able to punch full speed and power without this nagging pain -_-

Anyways nice to meet you all and any input would be appreciated. Also, anyone who wishes to discuss anything shotokan related is welcome to do so in this thread if it's allowed by the moderators.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

This is your thread. In Newbietown, members are required to be nice to you.

Please keep in mind that this is only place on the site where that is the case.

Style
    Shotokan.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Welcome to Bullshido.

This is your thread. In Newbietown, members are required to be nice to you.

Please keep in mind that this is only place on the site where that is the case.
    lol i'll keep it in mind ^_^ My e-fighting skills are even better then my real ones though, so i'm not overly worried about it ;)