Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:25am

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    really? read my post a little better. try to understand the context in which I am speaking.
    I read it fine. You advocate antigrappling with bites and eye gouges. Nuff said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:27am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watching a video like this makes a man 20% less hetero. I remember some years ago, getting changed for a (standup) mma class, someone saw the abrasions on my back, and jokingly asked if it was from a fight. It was. It's why I started grappling. You need that ****. Also, bite out of armbar...as they say, how are you supposed to bite when you're screaming??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 8th degree Vulcan Logic

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    I read it fine. You advocate antigrappling with bites and eye gouges. Nuff said.

If someone want's their arm back in one piece, they had better bite my jugular vein clear out of my neck. Because once they bite me or poke me in the eye, it's on.

I'm breaking that arm.

(if we are going to go there...may as well have fun with it. But I'm serious about the bites/eye pokes....that **** is annoying).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:31am

Style: None ATM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    question ever rolled on concrete?
    Yes

ever been on the bottom of a giant greco guy from the midwest whos trying to wail on ya? it sucks bro.
    Yes.

you get your elbow all cut up, and forget about bridging on your head, **** dude concrete goes through scalp like paper. so he is right and he is wrong.
    Lemme tell you a story.

This is the short version.

I was at a party, and I was trying to drag my cousin away from a bad situation. He was drunk and had pissed off a bunch of people.

So I'm dragging him to my car. He's hammered an can barley walk. I probably wasn't good to drive, but a lot of people were pissed at us, so my sense of self preservation urged me to leave.

While I'm leaving, some guy tackles me in the driveway. After some struggle, I end up in guard, because of my crappy grappling skills.

I manage to sweep my opponent. Not hard because he's (more) untrained and drunker than me.

I take mount. My opponent starts screaming at the top of his lungs. Freaked out, I get off him.

It turns out that a loose nail hot stuck in the guys back during the sweep. It was a completely random thing that happened out of nowhere.

I leave. No cops are called, thank god.

When I get home, I discover that I'm covered in bruises and scratches. My shirt rolled up while rolling around, and my back was covered in scratches. A mole on my back was completely scratched off. I had bruises and fingernail marks on my forearms. I had a cut on my cheek and a gash on my ankle.

The funny thing? I didn't notice any of this during the altercation. I didn't fell any pain at all until the next day.

My Point? You figure it out.

BJJ is the best thing from ground game. But the ground is not a place you want to be especially when its summer on black top that 100 degrees.
    I live in Florida. You get used to 100 degrees. When I was a kind, me and my friends would steal beer from my neighbor. We would hide out on my friend's roof to avoid our parents and drink the beer.

Basically, if I can spend several hours drinking beer on a roof in Florida weather, I can grapple for a few minutes on "black top".

oh and throwing keys, or trash or even your cap at someones face in a fight, while not as effective as sand, distracts them and makes them flinch just long enough to get two good punches in,
    Unless it doesn't. Not everyone has the same reaction to a given situation. Everything is relative.

but for the record BJJ is awesome.
    Sort of.

Just going to the ground is always the best thing outside of the cage. but you sure as hell need it just in case
    lolwut

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:33am

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
    Surely you have not seen a mother and child murdered by a flurry of Wing Chun fist attacks?

'Cause that's what we are talking about. Hand-to-hand combat and the real world effectiveness of such. What does that have to do with terrorist attacks? And how will Brazillian Jiu-jitsu help in defending against 100 yard strikes with firearms or improvised explosive devices?

Not to patronize you, just re-railing the thread (This is YMAS, after all). Hope all goes well with you and thank you for your service (assuming you are in the service).
    No I am not in the service but if your a jew, or someone who looks jewish, there is a great chance than where i live ( in hebron in israel) you have and will be attacked. why because your there. and yes against a gun im fucked. but if its a bunch of doofus hamas trying to beat down on me and my wife while were coming back home from buy groceries I will bite the fucker who got my in RNC or guillotine. why? because I could black out and have my wife killed and be-headed. because thats what the bad guys do where I live. so your reality of str33t d3f3nc3 and mine are two fucking different ideas, understand?
    Last edited by fights4peace; 6/21/2010 2:39am at .

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOLD YOUR GODDAMN HORSES!! ALL OF YOU!!!

so he has skin like a peach...does anyone know how he got his skin like apeach?
    i would like to know how he managed that, ive tried everything: milkbaths, rosewater..nothing helped.
    whats his beauty secret?

stupid mma knuckledraggers, you always overlook the real info.
    i would kill for a skin like a peach..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    no i advocate anti grappling by becoming good at grappling and then learning to cheat with it. eye gouges and bites are nearly worthless by themselves. Grappling in worthless if your pressed for time, like in situations I have already delineated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:40am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    buddy, your ground game, esp your bottom game is your safety net.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    HOLD YOUR GODDAMN HORSES!! ALL OF YOU!!!

so he has skin like a peach...does anyone know how he got his skin like apeach?
    i would like to know how he managed that, ive tried everything: milkbaths, rosewater..nothing helped.
    whats his beauty secret?

stupid mma knuckledraggers, you always overlook the real info.
    i would kill for a skin like a peach..
    my wife has the skin of a peach. seriously I have no clue how she does it. what ever i enjoy my blessings and dont look gift horses in the mouth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nnate View Post
    Yes

Yes.

Lemme tell you a story.

This is the short version.

I was at a party, and I was trying to drag my cousin away from a bad situation. He was drunk and had pissed off a bunch of people.

So I'm dragging him to my car. He's hammered an can barley walk. I probably wasn't good to drive, but a lot of people were pissed at us, so my sense of self preservation urged me to leave.

While I'm leaving, some guy tackles me in the driveway. After some struggle, I end up in guard, because of my crappy grappling skills.

I manage to sweep my opponent. Not hard because he's (more) untrained and drunker than me.

I take mount. My opponent starts screaming at the top of his lungs. Freaked out, I get off him.

It turns out that a loose nail hot stuck in the guys back during the sweep. It was a completely random thing that happened out of nowhere.

I leave. No cops are called, thank god.

When I get home, I discover that I'm covered in bruises and scratches. My shirt rolled up while rolling around, and my back was covered in scratches. A mole on my back was completely scratched off. I had bruises and fingernail marks on my forearms. I had a cut on my cheek and a gash on my ankle.

The funny thing? I didn't notice any of this during the altercation. I didn't fell any pain at all until the next day.

My Point? You figure it out.

I live in Florida. You get used to 100 degrees. When I was a kind, me and my friends would steal beer from my neighbor. We would hide out on my friend's roof to avoid our parents and drink the beer.

Basically, if I can spend several hours drinking beer on a roof in Florida weather, I can grapple for a few minutes on "black top".

Unless it doesn't. Not everyone has the same reaction to a given situation. Everything is relative.

Sort of.

lolwut
    typo I meant to ya isnt always the best etc. ever since i moved to israel my english has gone done the tubes
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast