Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:54am

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    You are what's wrong with martial arts.
    really? read my post a little better. try to understand the context in which I am speaking.

My points on BJJ where.
    1) you need it. it is to ground game what boxing is to punching or muay thai is to kicking. you need to get great at it. but you cant wait 10 years for a bb to be able to defend your self or even 1.5 years to get your blue belt, you could need it tomorrow.
    2) it sucks in mass attack situations
    3) if you dont want to end up with brain damage because retard who got you in a RNC isnt going to let go until your brain dead. or his buddies are going to come and kick your face in or are raping your mom/sister/wife/girlfriend what have you, cheat.
    4) if i can beat this man with bjj w/o cheating, and the circumstances allow it, you should.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:54am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not with you on the biting in an armbar, fightsforpeace, mainly because if someone already had you in an armbar they could weather the bite (it's not some magic pain release button, it hurts, yes, but it ain't a central nervous system shutting down type of hurt) for the couple of seconds it takes to break your arm, then break your fingers one by one until you let go, then proceed to punch the **** out of your face for biting them as you can then only use one arm to defend yourself.

Bite while someone is putting you to sleep (a good RNC wouldn't allow it, though, the arm is under the chin) or attempt to gouge the eyes (dude, ever tried to gain the appropriate leverage to eye gouge from within the RNC? They can shut their eyes so tight, move their head around and let you ineffectually scratch at them like a ***** and squeeze until your scratching desisted) would result in your loss of consciousness rather than just controlling you until you calmed down and the resulting rage from your dirty tactics would not bode well for your unconscious body, assuming the person is not so adrenaline fuelled that they forget to let go out of fear for the safety of their eyes and skin.

On another part of the thread, a peach? A fucking peach? Run a peach lightly on the softest mattress and watch that **** open up. Fucking retarded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
    So the real goal of martial arts is to be aware enough to stay out of these kind of situations, and if you do find yourself in one you can't get out of, to end it quickly and decisively so that you can remove yourself from the situation.
    so we agree, I say passing the guard with a resistant opponent can take up to 3 minutes. if someone is raping my mother or sister or wife, im not going to wait the 3 minutes plus the time it takes to submit him. im going to incapacitate the mother fucker as quickly and as painfully as possible, and sometimes the sportative bjj/muay thai way of doing things takes to damn long. if you need proof watch 1 round of any mma match that went to the ground. just watch and see how long those same techniques that we learn ( because every gym is going to be teaching us sport techniques) take to get around.
    Last edited by fights4peace; 6/21/2010 2:08am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I'm not with you on the biting in an armbar, fightsforpeace, mainly because if someone already had you in an armbar they could weather the bite (it's not some magic pain release button, it hurts, yes, but it ain't a central nervous system shutting down type of hurt) for the couple of seconds it takes to break your arm, then break your fingers one by one until you let go, then proceed to punch the **** out of your face for biting them as you can then only use one arm to defend yourself.

Bite while someone is putting you to sleep (a good RNC wouldn't allow it, though, the arm is under the chin) or attempt to gouge the eyes (dude, ever tried to gain the appropriate leverage to eye gouge from within the RNC? They can shut their eyes so tight, move their head around and let you ineffectually scratch at them like a ***** and squeeze until your scratching desisted) would result in your loss of consciousness rather than just controlling you until you calmed down and the resulting rage from your dirty tactics would not bode well for your unconscious body, assuming the person is not so adrenaline fuelled that they forget to let go out of fear for the safety of their eyes and skin.

On another part of the thread, a peach? A fucking peach? Run a peach lightly on the softest mattress and watch that **** open up. Fucking retarded.
    depends on how and where you bite. there is an art to biting. and believe me if you had ever seen a kino mutai bite you wouldnt say that. but like I had said its really an extreme thing to do that is only warrented in extreme situations.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    so we agree, I say passing the guard with a resistant opponent can take up to 3 minutes. id someone is raping my mother or sister or wife, im not going to weight the 3 minutes plus the time it takes to submit him. im going to incapacitate the mother fucker as quickly and as painfully as possible, and sometimes the sportative bjj/muay thai way of doing things takes to damn long. if you need proof watch 1 round of any mma match that went to the ground. just watch and see how long those same techniques that we learn ( because every gym is going to be teaching us sport techniques) take to get around.
    Just stop.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 8th degree Vulcan Logic

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so we agree, I say passing the guard with a resistant opponent can take up to 3 minutes. if someone is raping my mother or sister or wife, im not going to wait the 3 minutes plus the time it takes to submit him. im going to incapacitate the mother fucker as quickly and as painfully as possible, and sometimes the sportative bjj/muay thai way of doing things takes to damn long. if you need proof watch 1 round of any mma match that went to the ground. just watch and see how long those same techniques that we learn ( because every gym is going to be teaching us sport techniques) take to get around.

Question: are you 14 years old? Because your imagination is quite expressive.

Once again, in real life we do not find ourselves in these type of dramatic situations nor do we purposefully put ourselves there. In the rare incident (a shark would eat you first, you would be struck by lightning first, etc) when you would actually need the martial arts for self defense, a gun and/or a good pair of running shoes would be 100% more effective then "passing the guard".

You will probably go your entire life untested in mortal hand-to-hand combat, or use any and all knowledge of the martial arts to defend a loved one against rape.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw just so you know 10th planet is the ****. period. this guy is trying to get a good point across the wrong way. I mean a peach? seriously dude human flesh isnt like that it is much stronger. and the _ing _un beats double leg is hilarious. no one would shoot in like that if they trained for longer than 1 hour.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.

And they said that it was I that needed the ban hammer.

Just...wow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
    Question: are you 14 years old? Because your imagination is quite expressive.

Once again, in real life we do not find ourselves in these type of dramatic situations or find ourselves there. In the rare incident (a shark would eat you first, you would be struck by lightning first, etc) when you would actually need the martial arts for self defense, a gun and/or a good pair of running shoes would be 100% more effective then "passing the guard".

You will probably go your entire life untested in mortal hand-to-hand combat, or use any and all knowledge of the martial arts to defend a loved one against rape.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
    im not 14 years old. you have no idea where i live, or what its like to live where I do. So ya know I'm out in Hebron or however you call it in english, most of the year. If you have never seen a mother and child murdered by terrorist 100 yard from where you stand you have no fucking clue about what i am talking about. In the usa you are right you will never need it. where I live its a matter of when i will need it again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 2:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im not 14 years old. you have no idea where i live, or what its like to live where I do. So ya know I'm out in Hebron or however you call it in english, most of the year. If you have never seen a mother and child murdered by terrorist 100 yard from where you stand you have no fucking clue about what i am talking about. In the usa you are right you will never need it. where I live its a matter of when i will need it again.

Surely you have not seen a mother and child murdered by a flurry of Wing Chun fist attacks?

'Cause that's what we are talking about. Hand-to-hand combat and the real world effectiveness of such. What does that have to do with terrorist attacks? And how will Brazillian Jiu-jitsu help in defending against 100 yard strikes with firearms or improvised explosive devices?

Not to patronize you, just re-railing the thread (This is YMAS, after all). Hope all goes well with you and thank you for your service (assuming you are in the service).
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast