Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD, Muay Thai,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hard to judge Silva's thinking being that he is such a good fighter. Maybe he's a fan, maybe he's looking for another angle to work. I've just never heard of Seagal training fighters. That's probably why he didn't want to be called coach. For some reason I find it intriguing when Seagal rambles on about martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:26am

Style: Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva is an idiot doesn't he know that aikido won't work in the ring only in the streets??
    I might seriously **** myself though if he pulls off a kote gaeshi on Sonnen.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    The last guy to do seppuku, like in the 60's/70's, had his buddy...a high level kendo guy...be his second (cuts off head after guy opens himself up). Being that he uses shinai...he fucked his job real bad and it took a couple tries to get his buddy's head off. In the words of Dave Chappelle; When keeping it real, goes wrong.
    Meh, I'd prefer the way of Ukyo Mishima.
    Do something badass, like photoshop Silva's head on Princess Di's body as a dramatic public statement, then BAM hara-kiri in front of a 3rd grade school bus.

Embarass Silva, AND teach kids to harden the **** up. Now that's how a real man dies.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 12:25pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm calling silva's next fight. It will be death by wrist lock combined with the old 'nose in the brain'.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 12:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mexican Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva is gonna have a hard time when he realizes that Aikido will not work if there is not a bunch of aids needles with lava in the ground when he is fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:04pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Morita is the guy to which I'm referring...although I think that was his pen name.

Wikipedia kind of insinuated that Koga was cutting off Morita's head as a kind of plan B (at least thats the way I read it). Traditionally, Guy Who Wants to Die (GWWD) opens himself and his Second (Guy Who Should Be Able to Successfully Cut off a Head) waits until he feels his buddy is going to scream...to prevent GWWD from looking like a bitch, his second cuts through the guys neck at the spine to kill him. From what I've been told (never done it myself) the Second is supposed to not actually cut the head completely off as it is considered unseemly...just kill the guy by severing the brain stem but leaving the head attached by skin/sinew/muscle of the neck.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Yes, Morita is the guy to which I'm referring...although I think that was his pen name.

Wikipedia kind of insinuated that Koga was cutting off Morita's head as a kind of plan B (at least thats the way I read it). Traditionally, Guy Who Wants to Die (GWWD) opens himself and his Second (Guy Who Should Be Able to Successfully Cut off a Head) waits until he feels his buddy is going to scream...to prevent GWWD from looking like a bitch, his second cuts through the guys neck at the spine to kill him. From what I've been told (never done it myself) the Second is supposed to not actually cut the head completely off as it is considered unseemly...just kill the guy by severing the brain stem but leaving the head attached by skin/sinew/muscle of the neck.
    Actually, the cut is supposed to be clean.
    If you leave the head attached, you are supposed to feel shame as a kaishaku.

Let me read up to be sure.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, let me know. Just regurgitating what I've been told...could be a difference of time period, perhaps different Etiquette Chiefs (don't remember what they are called) for different Emperor/Shogun had different ideas on this.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:21pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too have heard both versions. Clean cut vs. leave it attached so it doesn't roll into the people attending.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sri,
    students in junior high and high school should be told the story of Byakkotai seppuku for HTFU month. While kids these days complain when they have to put their Xbox controller down and mow the lawn, these kids (15-17) got separated from their unit during a battle for their castle. As they were making their way back to the battlefield they saw what they thought might be their castle on fire and being sacked. Not wanting to take any chances at missing out on an opportunity to be hard-asses, or be labeled bitches for not dying in the fight with their buddies, they all decided to kill themselves by cutting open their belly. Being this was a mass seppuku(ing) they didn't have the luxury of a second to cut off their head end their suffering after they did the deed. As it turns out their side won that battle, but hey...they live on in poems and art. The oldest was 17.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast