• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 9:05am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. Location is an issue now that Fighthouse is gone. I can ask if Steve would like to host us for his usual $10 mat fee. I don't think he'd mind but I'd have to see what's going on.

Ming is right, though. We'd need another place if we get a high-end turnout. For now, I'll just leave Steve a message and ask him if he'd be willing to have us. And if enough people want to come I'll keep an eye out for a bigger place.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They'll be a lot better when Australia starts representing.

See you all next year.
    "It has often been said that power corrupts. But it is perhaps equally important to realize that weakness, too, corrupts. Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance, and suspicion are the faults of weakness." - Eric Hoffer

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, SAMBO Steve is willing to host us, but not on the weekend we were talking about due to a schedule conflict. The third weekend in July would be good for him, though. It isn't as big as Fighthouse was, though, so if the turnout gets exceptionally big we need to relocate.

For now, let's just show of hands, who can make it to midtown for a throwdown in the third weekend of July. I don't think I have any events to attend but, regardless, I will make time. This is a proud tradition.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in. Thanks for stepping up Lampa.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    P.S. Okay you motherfuckers need to give Ming a solid cultural identity. He's an Irish guy who does Chinese kung-fu, Japanese Judo, married a Japanese woman and he's ALSO Loki the Norse god of deceit!?
    wait, i'm irish? well, maybe a *little* bit. this shouldn't matter, but since you demanded to know: my father's people are lithuanian jews, my mother is mostly norwegian (with a little scottish and irish thrown in.) what does that make me? i have no idea. i'm not jewish cause my mom isn't, i'm not very norwegian, or irish or scottish. lots of people call me a "white boy" but if you ask the KKK they would say i'm not that either. the only person to ever think i was asian was new2bjj.

confused yet? i sure am.

as far as throwdown attendance, i just got my right leg smashed again with a knee to the thigh, and the doc says i'm out for 4-6 weeks. yay, i'm a god damned *magnet* for injuries, i swear.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 6:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's okay Ming I still love you. I can haz ur interracial babeh?

Well I'm still down whenever. I owe 4 people beer so my unemployed ass needs to get a job in the mean time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 11:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll plan for whatever day ends up getting picked, and I'll probably bring a couple of friends with me.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright. Just need the word if you guys prefer the 17th or the 18th of July. Once we pick one of those two I'll start the official thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 2:07pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i...(who else was willing to schlepp a duffel bag full of loaner gear down to fight house and clean the matts before everyone showed up?) before anyone asks, no, i won't return to the organizer role (PM me, or ask me in person if you want to talk about why.)
    Thanks for all effort that back in the day. It did mean a lot and I had great time. I'm like 2-3 years late in thank you but yeah man thanks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 3:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    Alright. Just need the word if you guys prefer the 17th or the 18th of July. Once we pick one of those two I'll start the official thread.
    Didn't you say before that the 18th doesnt work for sambosteve? I'm confused.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast