233238 Bullies, 3701 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 601 to 610 of 1004
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061 6263646571 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. sambosteve is offline
    sambosteve's Avatar

    Stillness is death

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,898

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:11pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I actually addressed that issue in my response to Matt. Chuck is not the final word on whether something gets published or not. If he thinks it's ready to go and sandboxes it for review and no one says anything for a few days, and he sends it to legal and they pass it, then it gets published.
    So I think your claim that Chuck is rushing to publish assumes that he actually has the power to publish anything. Without the article passing legal review it doesn't get published.

    You guys are painting Chuck as if he's some kind of unilateral investigation publishing body that has no oversight and is using Bullshido is a publishing vehicle for his own material or something. That's just patently silly. There can be no rush to publish from Chuck because he's not the final word on whether something gets published.
    No, I don't think this issue is all about chuck (though I can't say I know other investigators who approach investigations in this way). I have has this conversation with legal as well. I will not discuss that conversation here, except to say it is why I believe that the pressure to publish, lack of writers, and chuck's view of how investigations should be run are combining to create a problem. Chuck has been given a lot of lattitude because of his "prodigious" nature as a writer. People have looked the other way (consciously or not) because he has been serving a purpose in making the site look productive.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao
      #601
  2. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,277

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I am one of Chucks staunchest supporters here, but I tell you now KICK THE FUCKING DOORS IN. If Chuck knowingly falsified his 25 year old Judo credentials I will be SHOCKED. But it needs to be out in the light if that's the case. I believe it is more likely that a 16 year old was handed a belt and told he had a particular rank and had no reason to believe otherwise.

    ****, my old TKD instructor was a 1st dan in Judo (supposedly) and could have taught us 3 throws and a pin and handed us all brown belts in "Judo" and we would have had no idea that it was anything less than 100% legit. However, we need to put our own members to the exact same scrutiny which we expect the people we investigate to be put under, so don't hold back in any way with this.
    Be careful, with me. If you say shoot, I am going to shoot.

    Fact: There is NO USJA senior rank, at any level for Chuck Hardin in the USJA data base.

    Fact: There is NO USJA junior ranks, at any level, for Chuck Hardin in the USJA data base.

    Fact: There is NO listing for a Chuck Hardin in the USJA data base, period.

    Now, all this means is they have no record of him. However, you can NOT fight at ANY Judo shiai without being a member of one of the big three. Chuck said USJA. I have not looked into JF or JI yet. But, in as much as you have to join one of them, and you do get a membership card when you do, the question is simple, which one did you join Chuck?

    Also, if the name is wrong, please correct me, because I REALLY want this to work out for you.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
      #602
  3. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:12pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    If you fly to Georgia I will absolutely fight the holy hell out of you.

    Ok, so you're telling me that you are unable to perform the job for bullshido which Chuck performs, but somehow he is not a "real investigator"?

    Anyone want to point out to Matt where he's going wrong with this?
    What the **** is up with you lately?
      #603
  4. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:14pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Sambosteve, where were these concerns when the article was sandboxed for review? Where were they when it was being written up? Where were they last week? There is a place to post these kinds of issues if you think an investigation needs more work or would like to add something to it. Why have you decided that THIS is the time and place to point out writeups that you think are deficient?
    So youse a blue belt now yeah! gonna fight or what kid!!?

    seriously. These issues go beyond a simple investigation. A lie of ommission is hard to pinpoint. If you jump the gun though things can get inaccurate fast.

    Kinneton I tried to raise issues about the investigations with Cy and lets just say I did not get very far. I was called a hindrance and told that I was butthurt and that I was biased towards the subject of the investigation...

    Often as sambo Steve has stated I said "wait" and was told I was naive and other more colorful terms...

    So please two requests: get off your high horse challenging people to fights that don't involve you. Stupid use of a Gong Sau yes I will say it as stupid as Matt challenging Cy.

    And please understand that Steve's comments about a lie of ommission, people have tried to bring this up and were rebuffed.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
      #604
  5. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:15pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly offtopic question, but do you really have to be a member of one of those orgs to compete in ANY Judo tournament? We have a Judo school in Athens that has held small events that as far as I know had nothing to do with any of the major orgs and did not require any kind of signup for anything. Just an entry fee and a gi pretty much. Is that exceedingly rare or what? I know that wouldn't do anything to get you promotion points or could towards Judo rank with any of the orgs, but it would still be a Judo competition.
      #605
  6. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:18pm

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Slightly offtopic question, but do you really have to be a member of one of those orgs to compete in ANY Judo tournament? We have a Judo school in Athens that has held small events that as far as I know had nothing to do with any of the major orgs and did not require any kind of signup for anything. Just an entry fee and a gi pretty much. Is that exceedingly rare or what? I know that wouldn't do anything to get you promotion points or could towards Judo rank with any of the orgs, but it would still be a Judo competition.
    Honey, its about Cy specifically mentioning a judo organisation which have no records of him.
    if you'd ask me my judo organisation or personal number:card carrying member, its in my wallet.
    (cos you get discount on sporting gear with affiliated shops and to impress chicks, it says i got 1st kyu, brown belt)
    there....was that difficult?
      #606
  7. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:19pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Dude, seriously. Stop and think. Print out that SF-180 and try to fill it out on me (I give permission). See if you can get past the part that ask for my name. When you've finished, come back and tell us where you got stuck.
    Some of the information that is needed (but not required as it states "Furnish As Much As Possible" is able to be gathered from the individual as stated in other mediums: stories, other websites, other posters in the thread. Other information can be surmised using these same functions. It also take more then one try. For example, you stated you were 44, correct? It would be safe to assume you entered service in 1986 at age 18 and work from there. List year of birth as 1966 accordingly. I would start with US Army as branch as it is generally the default branch for people to enter. The request might come back as "No Records Found" and move to another branch.
      #607
  8. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:19pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    What the **** is up with you lately?
    I'm fed up with all of the crybaby **** on here. It's like a fucking soap opera. We've got one fat, out of shape scientist challenging another fat out of shape computer programmer to a gong sau that is ostensibly related to one of them having possibly misstated 25 year old judo credentials.

    In the midst of this we have 2 factions of people all bitching and whining at each other over all kinds of stupid ****. And this thread is not unique. There are too many fucking crybabies on here all the time now. If War Wheel just wants to fight someone so he can feel good about himself then I'm game. He can come fight be and get himself some Gong Sau streetcred or whatever the **** he's after.

    As for Dsimon: If you are talking about the Ralph Severe thread, I did my LEVEL FUCKING BEST to help that guy and he was a complete fuckhead at every turn. He was actively attempting to impede any attempt to verify anything for him. If you have specific problems with specific issues regarding that writeup then let me know. I'll go to bat for the guy again. I was able to verify him as a legit purple belt and I would have loved to verify his brown belt, but he wouldn't stop being a fuckface for 10 seconds to answer any questions about it.
      #608
  9. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,277

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Slightly offtopic question, but do you really have to be a member of one of those orgs to compete in ANY Judo tournament? We have a Judo school in Athens that has held small events that as far as I know had nothing to do with any of the major orgs and did not require any kind of signup for anything. Just an entry fee and a gi pretty much. Is that exceedingly rare or what? I know that wouldn't do anything to get you promotion points or could towards Judo rank with any of the orgs, but it would still be a Judo competition.
    The problem is who insured the event? No coach can take players to an event unless he knows there is proper insurance in place. No member of the big three can compete in an event where proper insurance is not in place.

    If you recall USJI suspended USJA last year over insurance issues.

    If a Judo school is holding events, and not requiring players to be members, that is a huge insurance violation and WILL result in serious actions. They can lose rank, membership, and be banned from US Judo, it is that big an offense.

    So the thought that other "like minded" Judo schools all got together and held "off the book" events, is not likely. Now, open mat is another issue. However, that is not a Shiai, AND, you STILL need EVERY person on your mat to have a card or NO ONE is insured. That rule is in stone.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
      #609
  10. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 1:20pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god this thread and kintanons reaction to it reminds me of when i was 8.
    we had this awesome dog, he had huge balls.
    we trhought it was normal for that dog to have these giant balls, but after some years he started leaking piss and stuff.
    bit nasty, so my parents decided to neuter him.
    i cried and i cried because i thought it was just plain mean.
    But my parents explained me that eventhough it will hurt the doggy at first, in the long run its in his own interest.

    they were right.
      #610

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.