223552 Bullies, 4335 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 491 to 500 of 1004
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 404647484950 5152535460100 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ciscodog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    547

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:41am


     Style: shorin ryu/bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree with some of Abels comments, Cy likes to call people cowards and liars when they disagree with him, but is unwilling or unable to back it up.
      #491
  2. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:42am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    This does seem to be the most likely explanation.

    If the instructor was legit, you would have been able to find him in short order.

    If Cy was making his experience up, he would be an idiot. He is smart enough that (if he was going to lie about his experience) he would have picked an art where he could lie with impunity. There isn't exactly a shortage of them.

    Likelyhood at this stage, however, is not enough. If it were anyone else, the procedure would be to investigate the irregularities in the claims. And so it must proceed. Can't say I envy the position you are in at the moment Mark, but keep up the good work.
    It is what I hope to be the case. However there is a problem with that position. I can't say enough how much I want to drop this, but I have to be the EXACT same way I was with Matt or Ralph, or Steve, or now Chuck.

    Yet I suspect I am going to have some people upset with me no matter what I do.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
      #492
  3. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Rock ape baby pic

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,694

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:42am

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Not going to happen. I reject your use of the term "harping" and your odd tone. Those Judo Certificates are the ONLY way to prove for sure if he is telling the truth or lying.

    Also, as far as the "harping" on Judo, it is I, not Chuck or anyone else here, doing the investigating. So I reject your premise on both counts.
    Really? So if he is lying about his Judo(as painfully little as it was) he then is lying about everything? Thats nonsense. Find a better argument, I did.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.
      #493
  4. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    367

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:45am


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    I have to agree with some of Abels comments, Cy likes to call people cowards and liars when they disagree with him, but is unwilling or unable to back it up.
    please, back this up. with links and sources.
      #494
  5. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Rock ape baby pic

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,694

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:46am

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    I have to agree with some of Abels comments, Cy likes to call people cowards and liars when they disagree with him, but is unwilling or unable to back it up.
    Exactly, its what he DOES with the info he gathers thats in question. Endlessly twisting and churning info or ignoring basic facts that would end the argument are not in the realm of "investigation".
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.
      #495
  6. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Rock ape baby pic

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,694

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:47am

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    please, back this up. with links and sources.
    Do a search you fucking idiot.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.
      #496
  7. ciscodog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    547

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:47am


     Style: shorin ryu/bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i believe MTripp will do his best to clear this up without being biased one way or another. It would be troubling if Cy was only junior rank and passing himself off as Kyu rank because in my xp there is a huge difference between the two. I help teach our juniors and our junior brown is the equal to a orange or green belt in the adults if they are lucky.
      #497
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,919

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:48am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Cy has a sense of entitlement and arrogance.
    I'm trying to stay out of this thread but, this right here is the perception he has put forward to his detriment.
      #498
  9. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:49am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Really? So if he is lying about his Judo(as painfully little as it was) he then is lying about everything? Thats nonsense. Find a better argument, I did.
    Interesting, but you mis-stating my position then refuting it is called a straw man, and again I reject it.

    I also reject what YOU claim to be nonsense, or feel to be "better."

    The plain fact is, I can, and will, know the truth about that claim. No one can hide it, or spin it. YOU can say it doesn't matter, but there are a great many people, who are very afraid of how this is going to turn out. I submit that they disagree with you as well.

    You see, the idea that one of the head people on the site that exposes false claims, is actually making false claims himself, that would be the end for him. It would have to be. THEN, there would be a justifiable reason to look into everything he did. I think that is a waste of time, but it would have to be done as the credibility would be shattered at that point.

    I care not one wit if you understand that, or think it valid. I assure you, THAT is what is being discussed in hushed whispers around here.

    But do go on with what YOU think is important......
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
      #499
  10. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Do a search you fucking idiot.
    PS: You are now on ignore; and clearly you are projecting who YOU are into others.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
      #500

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.