NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    I can't speak to your unstated reasons for starting this thread given that they're, you know, unstated. But of the ones you've actually seen fit to publish:
    -not much training, stopped due to injury, may never resume training, still thinks he has a role to play here
    -hasn't published details of his credentials
    -allows people to think he has a stronger formal background than he actually does in main area of participation
    -being very pissed off with both Ohlenkamp and Arce over their shenanigans*

That right there describes me to a T, and that's one reason why this thread was a spectacularly bad idea. Maybe some of the stuff you've held back so far is going to snatch worthwhile from the jaws of this clusterfuck, but I can't act based on information I don't have. The best theory I have re: the information that I do have is that Sirc has hacked your account and is creating a diversion from the last shitstorm he stirred up.

I'm not exaggerating. Things really do look that bad.

What do I want? Simple.
    I want Arce to pull himself together and in an unambiguous and concise manner explain precisely what his training and military histories are, with appropriate documentation. He may already have done this, and if so, that's the end of that.
    I want any problems with any of Chuck's investigations to be brought forward so they can be corrected without further delay, so as not to bring any disrepute to these forums.
    I want one of the following:
    -evidence that Chuck's training history is materially as he has represented it, OR
    -evidence that Chuck knowingly and substantially misled Bullshido about his training history, OR
    -(most likely) evidence that Chuck was himself misled about his training history, and Mark Tripp's boot lodged squarely in the ass of the responsible party.
    And as far as anything I haven't covered above, I want you to make whatever case you have the evidence for, and put away hearsay and rumours, because you are better than that.

An aside:
    When I went to sign up for martial arts, I went to look up a few prospective schools, and I found reviews of them on Bullshido. This gave me an idea of what to look for, and I was able to verify the BJJ lineage of my instructor. Later, when I switched to judo, I was similarly aware of the importance of validating instructors' credentials, which fortunately included competition in the Olympics and World Masters (I also found out my "submission grappling" instructor had a pro MMA record consisting entirely of losses, but that's another story). I understood why they gave me a little piece of paper along with my yellow belt, and I realized it was conceptually important to film my first (and only) tournament.

If this had happened twenty-five years ago, I wouldn't have known any of this. There was no Bullshido, there was no Google, there wasn't even much NHB to speak of. I would have wound up doing fucking wushu and thinking I had t3h d3adly.

My point with this aside is that the level of due diligence that can be reasonably expected from a sixteen year old colored-belt in 1985 is not the same as from a black belt who is active in the modern day.

* I just about lost my mind when Arce challenged sambosteve - present thread notwithstanding, he's one of my favourite posters.
    I would love to PM you, but I can not send any PMs today. Here is my number. Use it. 617-383-1283
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    This is complete horseshit.
    Specify what you think is horseshit please.
    Drunk with power,
    Can you please show an example so that I may properly address this issue in the moderators forum?
    saying whatever you please
    I don't see him race baiting, or claiming to be above the law. Can you please link ?
    and fiddling while Rome burns. Nice. :eusa_booh
    Posters getting banned for race baiting or assuming they are god's gift to this site and above the rules does not equal Rome burning. It happens every 6-8 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joe, please don't challenge Chris to a "friendly" match. If you actually get him in the ring and you don't break something, dislocate something, rend, tear or otherwise destroy some part of his body I will be disappointed to say the least. There is nothing wrong with him you cant fix with your hands. Change his life.
    Nothling friendly here Matt.

Still thinking of his "mantle" posts from the judo thread and wanting Sirc to man up.

He won't.

Joe

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    Specify what you think is horseshit please.
    read what was quoted and then look at the actual IM conversation. Let me know if you think Hardin's assessment is fair.

Can you please show an example so that I may properly address this issue in the moderators forum?
    Look at Chuck's comment about my "ragequitting", figure out which venue the actual statement was made in, and ask yourself who else would dare.

I don't see him race baiting, or claiming to be above the law. Can you please link ?
    No I can not link. Again, figure out why.

Posters getting banned for race baiting or assuming they are god's gift to this site and above the rules does not equal Rome burning. It happens every 6-8 months.
    Without PM, all I can offer you is this: KungFuDoesWork
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/20/2010 9:59pm at .

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't speak to your unstated reasons for starting this thread given that they're, you know, unstated. But of the ones you've actually seen fit to publish:
    -not much training, stopped due to injury, may never resume training, still thinks he has a role to play here
    -hasn't published details of his credentials
    -allows people to think he has a stronger formal background than he actually does in main area of participation
    -being very pissed off with both Ohlenkamp and Arce over their shenanigans*

That right there describes me to a T, and that's one reason why this thread was a spectacularly bad idea. Maybe some of the stuff you've held back so far is going to snatch worthwhile from the jaws of this clusterfuck, but I can't act based on information I don't have. The best theory I have re: the information that I do have is that Sirc has hacked your account and is creating a diversion from the last shitstorm he stirred up.

I'm not exaggerating. Things really do look that bad.

What do I want? Simple.
    I want Arce to pull himself together and in an unambiguous and concise manner explain precisely what his training and military histories are, with appropriate documentation. He may already have done this, and if so, that's the end of that.
    I want any problems with any of Chuck's investigations to be brought forward so they can be corrected without further delay, so as not to bring any disrepute to these forums.
    I want one of the following:
    -evidence that Chuck's training history is materially as he has represented it, OR
    -evidence that Chuck knowingly and substantially misled Bullshido about his training history, OR
    -(most likely) evidence that Chuck was himself misled about his training history, and Mark Tripp's boot lodged squarely in the ass of the responsible party.
    And as far as anything I haven't covered above, I want you to make whatever case you have the evidence for, and put away hearsay and rumours, because you are better than that.

An aside:
    When I went to sign up for martial arts, I went to look up a few prospective schools, and I found reviews of them on Bullshido. This gave me an idea of what to look for, and I was able to verify the BJJ lineage of my instructor. Later, when I switched to judo, I was similarly aware of the importance of validating instructors' credentials, which fortunately included competition in the Olympics and World Masters (I also found out my "submission grappling" instructor had a pro MMA record consisting entirely of losses, but that's another story). I understood why they gave me a little piece of paper along with my yellow belt, and I realized it was conceptually important to film my first (and only) tournament.

If this had happened twenty-five years ago, I wouldn't have known any of this. There was no Bullshido, there was no Google, there wasn't even much NHB to speak of. I would have wound up doing fucking wushu and thinking I had t3h d3adly.

My point with this aside is that the level of due diligence that can be reasonably expected from a sixteen year old colored-belt in 1985 is not the same as from a black belt who is active in the modern day.

* I just about lost my mind when Arce challenged sambosteve - present thread notwithstanding, he's one of my favourite posters.
    Russ

have you read the Severe investigation thread? read the thread why don't you and then if you still feel the way you do about all of these allegations (unsubstantiated) we can talk.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Nothling friendly here Matt.

Still thinking of his "mantle" posts from the judo thread and wanting Sirc to man up.

He won't.

Joe
    Go look at where he laughed at the death of Oldman34's child if you need inspiration to hurt him.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to PM you, but I can not send any PMs today. Here is my number. Use it.
    I will be out of touch for the next... 66 hours or so because there are very big (very good) things afoot. Between now and then, I am going to do my very best to pretend this whole thing was a fever dream, as opposed to everyone losing their minds.

YouTube- Good Album Friday - Thrice - Beggars (2009) - 01 - All The World Is Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 10:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    have you read the Severe investigation thread? read the thread why don't you and then if you still feel the way you do about all of these allegations (unsubstantiated) we can talk.
    I wouldn't piss on Severe if he were on fire.
    You want to put together a case, you get to do the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 10:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't piss on Severe if he were on fire.
    You want to put together a case, you get to do the work.
    And so accordingly the person who does the case and shows the horrors of "severe" should be allowed to have a double standard and be a hypocrite? Thats ok to you?
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    And so accordingly the person who does the case and shows the horrors of "severe" should be allowed to have a double standard and be a hypocrite? Thats ok to you?
    Of COURSE it's OK. That's the meaning of "bulletproof"