Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 12:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gymnastics for MMA?

Here's footage of a local amateur fighter crosstraining in gymnastics to improve his flexibility & balance. I think this type of training could really benefit Anderson Silva. Does anyone know how to get a tape of this to him ASAP?

YouTube- Greatest freak out ever 10 (ORIGINAL VIDEO)

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 2:01am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh god I think I am having an aneurysm just watching this! I love that the author of this video had to point out that he is not mentally ill. What a little bitch! Show of hands who wants to beat his ass just for this video?

On to technical critique I would have to say that
    1. Gymnastics is a good activity and sport but there really isn't much direct crossover between it and MMA.
    2. The woman working with him doesn't strike me as a professional gymnast or former gymnast for that matter.
    3. The type of bouncing/force into straddle split training she was showing him is exactly how you should never train flexibility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 3:09am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do a little strength training at the gymnastics gym the local university runs when I get a chance. While most of the male gymnasts there are a bit y'know "faggish", they are indeed quite strong and flexible.

That foam pit is a little weird to fall into the first time but it's not that bad. I really feel for that lady trying to get that fuckhead to actually do some work once in his life. She was probably the only one the gym owner could get to work with him.

I also think the kid with the camera did exactly the right thing and I will chuckle at the shameful nature of the whole video later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 4:07am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Gre...freak_out_ever As always, Anon has done the due diligence we all did not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 4:12am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That kid will never ever make it in any sport or in life. As soon as he cant do something he starts to screem " its gay" i cant wait till he tries that in an MMA gym and gets his arm snapped.

He even whines when a that foam chair lands on his head, has nobody ever told him that he's going to get kneed and elbowed in the face in MMA?

kid needs to harden the **** up my 2 year old neice throws tantrums like that.

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 4:25am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Gre...freak_out_ever As always, Anon has done the due diligence we all did not.
    If the video we are all currenlty making fun of was all staged than this kid is a genius of a nearly Kaufman caliber. Otherwise he just is in severe need of a beating.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 7:21am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    If the video we are all currenlty making fun of was all staged than this kid is a genius of a nearly Kaufman caliber. Otherwise he just is in severe need of a beating.
    He isn't that good ... given time, though ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 9:35am

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to break it to you but the videos are all scripted by Stephen (the freak-out kid). Still, he sells the act pretty well. It takes some fucking commitment to stick a remote up your ass.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica....tivational.jpg

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 10:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    I knew what was up, I just don't care, it's hilarious. IT'S REAL IF I WANT IT TO BE

P.S. And yes, Stephen is a VERY good actor, watch the one with the pickup truck.