Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:47pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdarksoulz View Post
    aha good for you lol
    im juz a guy looking for advice, we're not all professional jackasses, oops i mean fighters like u.

u seem like a mod, so feel free to ban me idc i got my advice lol
    uigh. Now I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

Look, thats only MY opinion. There's guys out here that'd probably have way better advice.
    Just shut your trap adjust your attitude and USE YOUR BRAIN.

Another good bit of advice for sparring.

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargentus View Post
    uigh. Now I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

Look, thats only MY opinion. There's guys out here that'd probably have way better advice.
    Just shut your trap adjust your attitude and USE YOUR BRAIN.

Another good bit of advice for sparring.
    that wasnt meant for u dude and lol wtf my attitude is fine, its other people who wunna leave smart remarks when they can politely say it intead who need attitude adjustment.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol wtf my attitude is fine
    Can't. Stop. Laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Can't. Stop. Laughing.
    I was about to unleash cause it was a pretty bad night at work but ya.

Wow.:jerk:

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heres some real attitude for all of u lol

go **** your self, seriously, bunch of old men on computers with nothing better do than have a go at a kid who wants some advice.

yeah you go punch a bag at ur shitty gym and u come online and act like ur bruce lee.
    lol

adioz fuckerz

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 11:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    staying alive.
    Excellent answer.

Ok mr OP you have gotten some nice answers. The one poster told you that when you establish one strength as you call them you actually establish multiple weaknesses... this is another great response and so so true.

Truly a martial artist changes as they realize the qualities of life and death, how competition is part of such and.... how weapons are a part of that equation as well. As you evolve things change:

a) You start out building base strength of character and technique. for about 5 years you become able to handle a fistfight or two, you handle adversity better, its all good then you run a cropper into someone who really knows what they are doing and realize how little you actually know, which is about enough to win a fistfight and get you into trouble against one who knows what they are doing from congrats tough guy.

b) You get good enough to realize that survival of the ego by winning a fistfight is not survival, hey mom look! if i stay away from the source I stay out of trouble! no martial art required.

c) Ok so you get older and see real danger and start to look at the tools of the martial artist. You learn that martial artists use weapons as tools to equalize situations and to even the odds. You realize why sensei carries a gun and why knives are important and you learn how to use these tools as part of your development. All people can use tools its how we were wired but hey a martial artist can use tools better through understanding them It took you about ten years but hey welcome to this insight, some people go to their grave without it.

d) You start to see a pattern. you realize that to be a good person to truly be brave and not just stupid, to truly be a rock for others in your group and carry authority with your actions and not with some sanctioning committee of one sort or another... takes a lot more discipline and self sacrifice than simply physical skills. You generalize these lessons and understand that preparing to fight your friend norm who is a wrestler takes a lot of skills but it only prepares you for walking home, tired, with a heat rash and headache and being attacked, in any number of ways (psychologically and physically) by people who are truly out to harm you because alas... Norm is strong and able but is a sweetheart. You start to learn about real evil in the world objectively and why you have to fight it. Some of us liberals it takes years of wanting to share the world and avoid these people but our skills as a martial artist make us have to realize they exist and why we exist... hint; its not to get phil who is a blue belt to tap out...though again, nice job and keep those skills in peak form its part of the guid!

e) As you realize how hard it is to be a good person everyday, on days when you feel like it and on days when you would rather make other choices that your art simply won't let you make!! Your art has taught you real power and respect. It won't really let you fool yourself anymore... Too bad. The first time this happened with me was when my family was down and out for a while... we had five dollars to eat for the next three days and as we went to the drive in window for some dollar burgers my stomach growled that we would find some money and I deserved a burger... my art said "no, your family eats tonight, you do not, you know better." and so it was

f)Going through these trials and tribulations teach you to teach others to exist in strength and not weakness.... Not with platitudes about the Tao, unless you think being hungry is a clique. You teach others these skills all the time realizing that the actual skills are an illusion of sorts.... I mean the 260 pound norms of the world will always be able to ground and pound things.... what you teach you teach more by example than by technique at this point. You teach what martial arts is all about..... which is after all Perseverance and the ability to perfect something. Perfecting something as Plato so aptly indicated is a privalege that we have as human beings and it is real power and authority.

/after all these years I refuse to trivialize this question. It is real and should be asked now and then.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heres some real attitude for all of u lol

go **** your self, seriously, bunch of old men on computers with nothing better do than have a go at a kid who wants some advice.

yeah you go punch a bag at ur shitty gym and u come online and act like ur bruce lee.
    lol

adioz fuckerz
    Man, I posted a Conan clip in your thread and you're angry? You should be stoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Excellent answer.

/after all these years I refuse to trivialize this question. It is real and should be asked now and then.
    Well answered, you're dead right, , and I totally agree.

Maybe not by HIM tho.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 11:23pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    ****, why don't you just write him a book Hemingway?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 12:05am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aha good for you lol
    im juz a guy looking for advice, we're not all professional jackasses, oops i mean fighters like u.

u seem like a mod, so feel free to ban me idc i got my advice lol
    I like to test the mettle of new posters from time to time. See if they run and cry when someone abuses them, or if they stand up and say, "I don't care about your insults. I simply want my question answered." This is Bullshido, where respect is earned, not given.

Guess how you did?

You want a real answer? Okay. The most important thing in martial arts is that you never lose your desire to learn. The second you think you don't need to learn anymore, you have lost the fight.

Hint, I don't mean a literal fight.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast