Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 11:11am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha View Post
    For an exaggerated example off the top of my head, if you stood with your back to a wall (pelvis "neutral") and lifted your leg to the side in a side-kick position, I'm guessing you'll feel it jam (assuming you stay upright and against the wall). If you let the leg come out in front of you, you won't have the problem. Likewise, if you bend over (grab a chair or something) to rotate the pelvis downward (belly button toward the floor), I'm guessing you could get that sidekick position significantly higher, because rotating the pelvis like that will remove the mechanical obstruction you're hitting.
    I understand what you mean, that is exactly how the jam feels. My uni offers a free physio consultation with sport membership so I'll ask about it there. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to kick slightly differently. Thanks for your help.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 11:53am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check the rest of site Bugeisha recommended too (Stadion), it has other good advice on kicking and stretching too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12