Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did they do an MRI on your C-spine? If not, make them. If you have a HNP, DDD, or some type of stenosis causing nerve root impingement, then you will want to stop what you are doing, and get it addresed.

Get a second opinion or see and Orthopedist. You don't want to cause more damage to something and make it worse. I personally would think you have a nerniated disc that is impinging on the nerve.

Either way, better safe then sorry.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2010 8:11am

Style: MT/BJJ/JKD/FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UPDATE:

Thanks again for the responses guys, it's much appreciated.

I've had two sessions with that remedial & sports therapist, who has used myofascial release along with neck traction on me - he does not believe that I have a herniated disc in my neck or that I'm suffering from anything degenerative.
    My instructor is a physiotherapist at an NHS hospital who specializes in neck and back injuries - he's managed to set aside some time to work on me, all neck traction.

I can safely say that I'm seeing results, as mobility in my neck has returned and the tingling sensations are lessening. I've returned to a modified training regime with no weights, and all padwork - as of last night, pad & bagwork gives me no troubles whatsoever. I also rolled last week, and didn't experience any pins & needles - I did gas quicker than usual though thanks to the fortnight's break I took.

As an aside, I saw another doctor at the same surgery last week who told me take up running and swimming in place of my MA training - this one was polite, and told me a recovery time of roughly two months was likely.

I'll post updates as they come,

Thanks again !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12