Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 3:53pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun Sifu wins MMA championship

There is a thread in YMAS Wing Chun sifu wins MMA championship? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts that has to do with a Wing Chun Sifu winning an MMA Championship. Of course being in YMAS it has degenerated into silliness.

That being said this what posted on Master Mazza's web site. http://www.traditionalwingchun.com/i...page&Itemid=30 On April 28th, 2010 Master Mazza competed in the Extreme Kickboxing Championship held in Camden, New Jersey. The rules were a combination of kickboxing and MMA. Master Mazza won 2 consecutive bouts with the first ending in submission in the 2nd round. The second bout ended in 1 minute and 3 seconds in the first round with a knockout. Master Mazza feels he owes his championship career to the extensive training he received from his teacher, Grandmaster William Cheung. When asked about the fight Grandmaster responded quite confidently “I had no doubt in his ability. I have taught Keith the keys to fighting in the ring, watch the elbow and fight on the blind side.” Master Mazza has announced that this was his last professional fight, retiring undefeated. “I feel like I can finally close this chapter of my life.” Master Mazza’s focus continues to be working on projects with Grandmaster Cheung, training and educating students in the Art of Traditional Wing Chun.

Does anyone here have any information on this tournament? I thought maybe in the TMA Kung Fu forum there might be some people who know something about it. That and the fact that the subject will not degenerate into stupidity, at least as quickly.

LAMPA has done some research and found nothing and I got no responses when I posted in the wing chun forums at kung fu magazine. Wing Chun sifu wins MMA championship? - Kung Fu Magazine Forums.

If anyone knows anything about this tournament please post.

Thanks.

Mike t.

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over 75 hits and no responses. The silence speaks volumes.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even with the silliness, the YMAS thread is fine. It is no worse than the LOL on the kung fu forum board.

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Even with the silliness, the YMAS thread is fine. It is no worse than the LOL on the kung fu forum board.
    You can get rid of this or merge them. I don't consider this worthy of a MABS investigation but I just thought there are people who post hare who avoid the sophomoric behavior in YMAS. (I will admit I am a major part of said sophomoric behavior but that is besides the point.)