Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:28pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bellator Fighting Championships 22

Are any bullies planning on watching the Bellator Fighting Championships 22? Details below are below. I don't know any of the fighters on tonight's card, except for Dan Hornbuckle, who I find to be a very talented and highly entertaining fighter to watch, with a track record of finishing. Watched a re-run of his fight with Nabil Khatib of Ottawa which was exciting. I am calling for him to win Bellator's welterweight tournament tonight.

Venue: Kansas City Power & Light District
    Broadcast: FOX Sports Net

MAIN CARD

• Ben Askren vs. Dan Hornbuckle
    • Stephanie Frausto vs. Lisa Ward
    • Jarrod Card vs. Jose Vega
    • Raphael Davis vs. Demetrius Richards
    PRELIMINARY CARD

• Leonardo Pecanha vs. Tyler Stinson
    • Rudy Bears vs. Brian Green
    • Cole Konrad vs. John Orr
    • Jared Downing vs. Chad Vandenberg

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:42pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    Are any bullies planning on watching the Bellator Fighting Championships 22? Details below are below. I don't know any of the fighters on tonight's card, except for Dan Hornbuckle, who I find to be a very talented and highly entertaining fighter to watch, with a track record of finishing. Watched a re-run of his fight with Nabil Khatib of Ottawa which was exciting. I am calling for him to win Bellator's welterweight tournament tonight.

Venue: Kansas City Power & Light District
    Broadcast: FOX Sports Net

MAIN CARD

• Ben Askren vs. Dan Hornbuckle
    • Stephanie Frausto vs. Lisa Ward
    • Jarrod Card vs. Jose Vega
    • Raphael Davis vs. Demetrius Richards
    PRELIMINARY CARD

• Leonardo Pecanha vs. Tyler Stinson
    • Rudy Bears vs. Brian Green
    • Cole Konrad vs. John Orr
    • Jared Downing vs. Chad Vandenberg
    Short version of some of the key fighters since you said you never heard of them:

Ben Akren is part of a for serious wrestling family. After winning the NCAA championship he went on to MMA. His brother went on to win the NCAA in the same weight class the next year. His only two fights on a national level promotion have been against the same guy due to a strange series of cancellations involving a volcano.

Stephanie Frausto is the sister of Zoila Frausto. You might recognize Zoila for her Strikeforce fights where she throws striking techniques with the word "flying" in them inadvisable liberally. Also, not that you should care but since it always comes up, anyway, I consider the Frausto sisters to be the best looking ladies in the sport.

Demetrius Richards competes mostly in the circuit around my parts. He recently has a win against big name among NY fighters Gian Valenti, but it was considered kind of flukey as Gian got injured in a fashion that I doubt will ever happen twice. Boy isn't technically brilliant, but he does like to scrap and has a good scramble for a man his size.