Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AND Lebell's post cut in front of your post.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    AND Lebell's post cut in front of your post.
    I'm sorry honey, i got my lightning reflxes from playing aikid0.
    Cant seem to shake it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how everyone talks about what works in the streetz!! Most of us don't even know what happens in the streetz....

you mean in the club or bar? Yeah..well usually that's chest bumping and talking **** till the security or police show up. Fights are totally avoidable...and even when they are not the odds of you winning due to any MA. My suggestion for all you wanna be STREETZ BRAWLERZ...a chair, glass bottle or throwing a bystander at the person club punching them and running for the door is far more effective than trying to find out what martial artz is best in the streetz...all of them suxorz compared to club punch and run-fu.

I mean..but really. How many times a lifetime do you actually think there is a no win scenario that you HAVE to fight? I'm finding just in my short stay here that we have some folks who want to be the badass and start **** being the agressor. In other wordz if you ever aquire the l33t skillz you are going to be the guy starting **** with people.

I have a vid for you dudes...

YouTube- Doug Stanhope: Voice of America - FEAR IN THE U.S. NEWS MEDIA

no one really, actually wants to beat you up in a back alley and rape your girl with you being held down and forced to watch. Let it go...stop watching cable news, get out and enjoy your life. Be happy that you want to learn a fun fighting style that will allow you to adequately defend yourself if someone you are fighting doesn't pull a knife, gun, homeboys, mace or scud missile...

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJayBoogie View Post
    no one really, actually wants to beat you up in a back alley and rape your girl with you being held down and forced to watch.
    I'M SURE THERE IS AND I WON'T STOP SEARCHING UNTIL I FIND HIM GOD DAMMINT! When will people stop talking me out of it...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:14pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    wait, forget the troll, there's a comic with God as the lead character???
    AWESOME.
    link plz.
    Take your pick:

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

Dark Dungeons is my favorite one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:16pm

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJayBoogie View Post
    I love how everyone talks about what works in the streetz!! Most of us don't even know what happens in the streetz....

you mean in the club or bar? Yeah..well usually that's chest bumping and talking **** till the security or police show up. Fights are totally avoidable...and even when they are not the odds of you winning due to any MA. My suggestion for all you wanna be STREETZ BRAWLERZ...a chair, glass bottle or throwing a bystander at the person club punching them and running for the door is far more effective than trying to find out what martial artz is best in the streetz...all of them suxorz compared to club punch and run-fu.

I mean..but really. How many times a lifetime do you actually think there is a no win scenario that you HAVE to fight? I'm finding just in my short stay here that we have some folks who want to be the badass and start **** being the agressor. In other wordz if you ever aquire the l33t skillz you are going to be the guy starting **** with people.
    I have a vid for you dudes...

YouTube- Doug Stanhope: Voice of America - FEAR IN THE U.S. NEWS MEDIA

no one really, actually wants to beat you up in a back alley and rape your girl with you being held down and forced to watch. Let it go...stop watching cable news, get out and enjoy your life. Be happy that you want to learn a fun fighting style that will allow you to adequately defend yourself if someone you are fighting doesn't pull a knife, gun, homeboys, mace or scud missile...
    best post on the website. :bully:

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only catantis fist can save you now.

Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 6/17/2010 1:24pm at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshin-ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Isshin-ryu creates a different kind of strong body. It isn't "body building" which is done by a lot of people in boxing, MT, and MMA and thus does not produce the same aesthetic result. Angi Uezu is also quite old in that video...you can see a bald spot.

2. Another one of you questioned my dedication to martial arts. The fact is, I'm from a military family and have had to relocate on average every 2 years. This unfortunately means changing dojos.

3. The belief that the vertical punch is superior comes from the idea that a horizontal fist-arm relationship is misaligned. As a result, the wrist tends to slightly give way upon hard impact resulting in possible injury and cushioning the power of the strike. In a vertical fist the bones of the arm, wrist, and fist are aligned and thus becomes a more solid, "battering-ram" type structure.

4. I will probably never sing the praises of "pressure point fighting". I've never been able to figure out a realistic way to apply pressure point strikes. It seems the opponent is usually moving to quickly/chaotically to strike such a small area with any degree of accuracy.

RAWR.

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_211 View Post
    1. Isshin-ryu creates a different kind of strong body.
    Cite source, proof, statistics.

It isn't "body building" which is done by a lot of people in boxing, MT, and MMA
    In particular regarding your familiarity with Muay Thai, and what sources of information you used to come to this conclusion.

and thus does not produce the same aesthetic result.

Angi Uezu is also quite old in that video...you can see a bald spot.

Try again.

3. The belief that the vertical punch is superior comes from the idea that a horizontal fist-arm relationship is misaligned. As a result, the wrist tends to slightly give way upon hard impact resulting in possible injury and cushioning the power of the strike.

4. I will probably never sing the praises of "pressure point fighting". I've never been able to figure out a realistic way to apply pressure point strikes. It seems the opponent is usually moving to quickly/chaotically to strike such a small area with any degree of accuracy.

RAWR.
    At least one part of your rather lengthy post that's more or less spot on.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_211 View Post
    1. Isshin-ryu creates a different kind of strong body. It isn't "body building" which is done by a lot of people in boxing, MT, and MMA and thus does not produce the same aesthetic result. Angi Uezu is also quite old in that video...you can see a bald spot.

You said these people would be both BIG and MUSCULAR. Find one that is big and muscular.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast