Sponsored Links Spacer Image

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cringe also. But I also chuckle at noobs telling him to shut the **** up. It's almost as though Der Auslander has finally figured out the secret behind successful cloning
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 3:07pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Does anyone else cringe while reading Alucard's tales of martial prowess?
    I think EVERYONE cringes.

We all just react differently.

I instantly cringe and then immediately gag on a mixture of bile, rage, and contempt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 6:07pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dracula: Deadly, unstoppable force, women want him, men fear him, has power over animals, terrifying strong and lord of all DARKNESS!!!!GRRRDBLURGH!!!!

Alucard: none of the above

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 6:42pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    We focused on punches a lot tonight in class. Whilst doing all the drills I realized I want my punches to become a lot stronger, especially when I spar.

When it comes to this subject I hear different things. Some say strengthening the forearm. Some people say doing knuckle push ups and others says striking a hard object repeatedly. Any thoughts?
    1) Relax your muscles so that you are punching faster, not harder.
    2) Repeat the words FOOM FOOM FOOM. They make the punches more effective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 7:58pm

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    You didn't start from the beginning . It should start with the toes, your basic body alignment and foot work .
    I thought I did mention to push off your foot, follow with the hip, etc. My fault if I didnt explain clear enough.

Why do you think the people who actually know how to punch tell people to wear bag gloves and wraps ?
    I agree with the hand wraps, but I also find punching with no gloves a great learning tool. With gloves I find my self getting comfortable and not paying as much attention to propper hand/wrist allignment. I don't think its a good idea to bare knuckle punch a bag for extended periods of time. But sometimes the best way to learn is by knowing if you dont pay attention or **** up you will get hurt.

If you train to hit a bag hard that is ALL you will be able to hit hard. I assume people want to learn how to punch hard to hit PEOPLE hard. It is not the same thing .

Also, he stated in the OP he wants to use it in sparring .
    I totaly agree, but if the OP is going to use punching in TKD sparring than all he can do is a straigt punch to the midseciton. So all he really needs to learn is how to put his wight behing his arm and not get hurt. Most the time in TKD guys dont wear gloves either, just forarm guards.

While I would think it would be fucking grade A awesome to start dropping opponents with hooks to the temple and straight rights during TKD sparring I don't think it is allowed in the rule set ... I know it sure the hell isn't encouraged or structured by the rules to head hunt with your hands .
    Yes that would be great, but then it would start looking like kick boxing. Why not just do that then?
    Excellent idea, I didn't get that out of what I read earlier ( oh and mad props and thanks on the spell checking this time around ).
    Yeah sorry for the spelling.

Have you read his other posts in other threads ? He is awesome enough already.
    No this is the first post I have scen by him. I will have to read more about his awsomeness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 9:56pm

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I cringe also. But I also chuckle at noobs telling him to shut the **** up. It's almost as though Der Auslander has finally figured out the secret behind successful cloning
    de auslander haz mastahd teh KAGE BUNSHIN!:ninjafigh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:18pm

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post

I check the forums most days, and usually don't post a lot. Been here nearly for a year, with a post count under 100 and most of those in the Tony Anthony MABS forum.

This guy is a complete Fuckwit who needs to get far more **** for his posts then he usually does.

Just come out and tell us that your stories are false, and how long you have been training for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 10:24pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by filehelp View Post
    I check the forums most days, and usually don't post a lot. Been here nearly for a year, with a post count under 100 and most of those in the Tony Anthony MABS forum.

This guy is a complete Fuckwit who needs to get far more **** for his posts then he usually does.

Just come out and tell us that your stories are false, and how long you have been training for.
    I'm hoping that everyone's just letting him have enough rope.

I certainly hope he'll hang himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 11:39am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the hanging is done, done we just get to laugh, point and throw rocks at the corpse. This thread is a metaphorical gibbet. And it still has some LOLz

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    6/20/2010 11:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by svt2026 View Post
    I agree with the hand wraps, but I also find punching with no gloves a great learning tool. With gloves I find my self getting comfortable and not paying as much attention to propper hand/wrist allignment. I don't think its a good idea to bare knuckle punch a bag for extended periods of time. But sometimes the best way to learn is by knowing if you dont pay attention or **** up you will get hurt.
    any boxer with a punch will tell you that if your wrist alignment is off you will **** yourself no matter what gloves/wraps you have on. 10oz gloves on a bag are a good compromise for hand protection and still being able to feel what you are doing.

the best punch you can throw is one that puts as much of your bodyweight through it as possible while travelling as fast as possible
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678