Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 2:32pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Post video of your punching if you want serious help IMO. And don't forget to kihap or we won't believe it's you.
    Found this rare video, which happens to include Alucard. In around 3:30 you can see his punching training.

YouTube- THE KARATE KID 3: Best Of Terry Silver

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 2:40pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When i saw the title of this I was wondering why it was in ymas.
    Then I read who the op was.

'nuff said.
    Last edited by Dargentus; 6/18/2010 2:40pm at . Reason: typos

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 3:15pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe these guys can help you out

YouTube- Kung Fu Institute

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 4:07pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Post video of your punching if you want serious help IMO. And don't forget to kihap or we won't believe it's you.
    Haha I'll get right on that.

Quote Originally Posted by svt2026
    Well since you probably wont go to a boxing gym for a while. Use what you probably learned in TKD, at least I hope. When you stand in a line and punch I hope you were thought to rotate your first then follow through with the punch.
    Yes.

Also to snap your punch at the end and not to push with your hands.
    This too.

Use a heavy back that has a canvice style cover and dont use gloves in the begining. This way you will learn to punch stright into your target instead of letting your hands slide off of it. When you punch try to push of your foot, rotate your hip into it and place your shoulder behing your punch.
    This too. I actually switched back to using gloves after bruising up my knuckles a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberduck
    Found this rare video, which happens to include Alucard. In around 3:30 you can see his punching training.
    I actually preferred Johnny over this dude.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by svt2026 View Post
    Well since you probably wont go to a boxing gym for a while. Use what you probably learned in TKD, at least I hope. When you stand in a line and punch I hope you were thought to rotate your first then follow through with the punch. Also to snap your punch at the end and not to push with your hands. Its the same concept that was stated before of rooting your punch in your feet through your hips and out the arm.
    Nice theory but I don't really think you understand the info you are passing out.
    Use a heavy back that has a canvice style cover and dont use gloves in the begining. This way you will learn to punch stright into your target instead of letting your hands slide off of it. When you punch try to push of your foot, rotate your hip into it and place your shoulder behing your punch.
    Again nice theory, but even more misleading than the first paragraph . You are passing on a nice recipe for fail and injury .

Is this how your Hapkido is taught ?
    Basically the concept of putting your whole body behind it. You will not know if your punches are hard with out a heavy bag.
    That is not true actually. Just hitting a heavy bag hard does not mean you can punch hard . Punching power is all about the timing joined with technique. You cannot develop the feel for it flailing about on a heavy bag with the internet as a guide .

You need a target who is punching you in the fucking face to truly know if you punch hard effectively .

If you want to learn more outside of what I said get propper training. Cross trining is always good even if its with in your own style.
    If you are training within your own style it is not cross training . What the hell are you talking about ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 4:22pm

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    Haha I'll get right on that.

Yes.

This too.

This too. I actually switched back to using gloves after bruising up my knuckles a few times.

I actually preferred Johnny over this dude.
    Well then your doing fine. As mentioned before make a video of your self and people will give you advice. I believe strikestan would be the place to post it with asking for advice. As far as more advice on punching goes what do I know, I train in Hapkido.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 6:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should try training in Wing Chun, they have a technique called the chain punch which if mastered is very powerful.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by svt2026 View Post
    Well then your doing fine. As mentioned before make a video of your self and people will give you advice. I believe strikestan would be the place to post it with asking for advice. As far as more advice on punching goes what do I know, I train in Hapkido.
    I have seen some good Hapkido, it doesn't punch or kick with TKD mechanics.

I haven't seen what you or your group does. Does your instructor really encourage noobs to blast heavy bags barehanded ?

:needpics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 7:19pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GinZen, your style field says you are joking but, well, you need to use a sarcasm font.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 8:21pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    GinZen, your style field says you are joking but, well, you need to use a sarcasm font.
    Why? What's wrong with Wing Chun? How can you doubt the ferocity and raw power of chain punching?

;)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast