225138 Bullies, 3986 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 80
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kickapoo is offline
    Kickapoo's Avatar

    Sick double leg.

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perrineville, New Jersey
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please, guys. This is the PT forum.

    Your title says you want to develop punching power but your post makes it seem you want to develop tougher hands. Which is it?
  2. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,223

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:09am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the PT forum spirit, lift weights. Stronglifts5x5.
  3. henshinx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver Co.
    Posts
    284

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:12am


     Style: Enshin Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can toughen up your knuckles, but unless you learn proper technique you'd be wasting your time
  4. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    369

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 8:11am


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Or quit TKD!

    (Someone was going to say it sooner or later.)
    hell, man that worked for me. most tkd-jins here that i knew cannot punch worth a damn.

    better go to a boxing/kickboxing/muay thai/kyokushin class. it'll help.
  5. Scrapper is offline
    Scrapper's Avatar

    Fear and bullets.

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayville, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    4,286

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 9:12am

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://zinelibrary.info/files/Champi...y%20(1950).pdf

    Read it. Memorize it, practice it. Jack was a cruiserweight that routinely crushed heavyweights at will. His work is the basis of most boxers' punching technique. You wanna punch harder?

    here's how.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

    --Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
  6. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 9:56am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrapper, I don't see the OP living the hard life and fighting for every scrap of food and working in coal mines just to survive like the Manassas Mauler.

    Go fight some hobos in shanty towns and fight rail workers, coal miners and ranchers like Dempsey
  7. MMAMickey is offline
    MMAMickey's Avatar

    POWERRR!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,743

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 10:11am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    http://zinelibrary.info/files/Champi...y%20(1950).pdf

    Read it. Memorize it, practice it. Jack was a cruiserweight that routinely crushed heavyweights at will. His work is the basis of most boxers' punching technique. You wanna punch harder?

    here's how.
    the idea 0f the drop step is probably the most useful thing in this whole text OP.

    tbh, you dont want to go down the vertical fist route, especially seeing as turning the shoulder and fist over is one of the principles of boxing now.

    of course this information would probably register alot quicker if you went to a BOXING GYM
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

  8. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    369

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 10:15am


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    the idea 0f the drop step is probably the most useful thing in this whole text OP.

    tbh, you dont want to go down the vertical fist route, especially seeing as turning the shoulder and fist over is one of the principles of boxing now.

    of course this information would probably register alot quicker if you went to a BOXING GYM
    I've read that piece before. very good idea, that drop step. hard to adequately learn on your own. get someone who knows how to help you.
  9. Alucard619 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 10:33am


     Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo"
    Please, guys. This is the PT forum.

    Your title says you want to develop punching power but your post makes it seem you want to develop tougher hands. Which is it?
    It's the punching power. I mentioned the knuckle bit because I have been told conditioning the knuckles will give you better punches. I don't know if that is true but it's just something a few people have told me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    http://zinelibrary.info/files/Champi...y%20(1950).pdf

    Read it. Memorize it, practice it. Jack was a cruiserweight that routinely crushed heavyweights at will. His work is the basis of most boxers' punching technique. You wanna punch harder?

    here's how.
    Dude, Jack Dempsey is one of my favorite boxers. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    Scrapper, I don't see the OP living the hard life and fighting for every scrap of food and working in coal mines just to survive like the Manassas Mauler.

    Go fight some hobos in shanty towns and fight rail workers, coal miners and ranchers like Dempsey
    Couldn't I just stick to fighting off gang bangers and thugs?:XXbeaver:

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey
    the idea 0f the drop step is probably the most useful thing in this whole text OP.

    tbh, you dont want to go down the vertical fist route, especially seeing as turning the shoulder and fist over is one of the principles of boxing now.

    of course this information would probably register alot quicker if you went to a BOXING GYM
    As soon as I have a little more money. There's a kick boxing gym right here in New York that I would love to go to. Some of you may be familiar with it (it's NY Sanda).
  10. Kambei Shimada is offline
    Kambei Shimada's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey-England
    Posts
    1,385

    Posted On:
    6/17/2010 10:37am


     Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hit bags, do weights and err... take up boxing.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.