Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2 Good Side Mount Escapes - Marcus Soares

Marcus Soares http://www.marcussoares.com shows to good side mount escapes

The first one works real well,you woudl think it wouldnt with a really strong guy but the trick is once you push up to keep your arm straight to hold him back. You can not leave it straight for long as some guys will try armbar real quick.

YouTube- Vancouver JiuJitsu - Side Mount Escape - Marcus Soares

The second one is an escape when the person has side mount from a different base.

I have landed this siub many times. the trick is to clamp your arms together reak tight (25 second mark) and block the hip. once you break the grip it is pretty easy to catch elbow

from there is pretty easy to land the sub, make sure you haev your legs one up and one down to get a very godo base so he can escape

YouTube- Vancouver MMA Grappling - Escape from Side Mount - Marcus Soares

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 3:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see someone pulling of the first one live, watching it piece by piece like that makes it look like it's a "power move", and makes it look like a reasonably alert opponent would take mount on you with little trouble, or tripod up and airplane to the other side.
    I assume it's not as vulnerable as I feel it is, but I'd really like to see it in action to see how it works.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it is not as much power a you think i am not that strong and i can easily get in on guys my size.

reason why it is not a power move like most people think is because at the start u see both hands (one on back of shoulder and on one on the other side)

that gives you power from two arms against one

try it next time you role

even if he has tight base and turns your head you take the left arm to free pressure on the head and that give you leverage