Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 11:09pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Fair enough Chilli - sorry if it seemed like I was bashing away at you.
    No biggie - I enjoy a good scrap.

I suspect he gave up on worrying about who was claiming what - people have been making claims about JKD since 1973 at least. I remember at one seminar, he talked about some guy visiting the Academy from China, and asked if he could get a picture of the two of them, holding Dan's JKD certificate from BLee. Not long after, it was discovered that the Chinese guy had photoshopped his name onto the cert and was using the picture as his proof that he was the official head of JKD in China.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 11:35pm

Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I heard of that sort of carry on myself, that's why I decided not to post my one of Guro Dan and myself, I have been cheeky and use it on my FB page, though I hasten to add I'm a beginner in the system! I also have one of me with Almeria and my instructor and one of me with the guy that partnered off with me - who was recently confirmed by the Inosanto website as their man in India. He hung with us that weekend, and I was grateful to have his assistance. Keep me posted, this sort of thing I find very intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    No biggie - I enjoy a good scrap.

I suspect he gave up on worrying about who was claiming what - people have been making claims about JKD since 1973 at least. I remember at one seminar, he talked about some guy visiting the Academy from China, and asked if he could get a picture of the two of them, holding Dan's JKD certificate from BLee. Not long after, it was discovered that the Chinese guy had photoshopped his name onto the cert and was using the picture as his proof that he was the official head of JKD in China.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456