232413 Bullies, 3966 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 52
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. maelstromd5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin/Ireland
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:29am


     Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Permalost, if you have the means to check out his military background do so, I disagree with the idea that Dan Inosanto wouldn't say anything, it was suggested that money is a factor, damage to Inosanto's reputation and the fact I reckion Dan is making his own on his seminars, his own academy, dvds, lessons, memberships etc would in my opinion, preclude that, It's his bread and butter afterall. In fact, even Michael Wright(UK based instructor) in that site email that Cake posted said that Inosanto's list is not exact and that UltimateJKD states he often lets instructors off to do their own thing, which I have heard Vunak saying also amongst others. Another thing that was said that we don't know motivation, this was from an investigator, well funny any investigator would surely ask why somebody was doing something, anytime I ever look at an investigationi n the news. paper, etc, they look at people's motives and behaviours and take an educated guess, if not an informed one but they do deal with motivation. I'm not going to repeat what I saw, sorry, but I find it amazing that when I added my opinion, then and only then has there been this response, suddenly people are ringing around, sending emails, checking sources, none of this was done at the time when this thread was started though. And you expect to be taken seriously? I wonder if the person who started this thread even went and trained with Almeria? It seems to me, that his claims not withstanding, he has been judged purely on the basis that he used Ebay as an advertising tool.
  2. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 9:59am

    Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Well Permalost, if you have the means to check out his military background do so, I disagree with the idea that Dan Inosanto wouldn't say anything, it was suggested that money is a factor, damage to Inosanto's reputation and the fact I reckion Dan is making his own on his seminars, his own academy, dvds, lessons,
    You thin that, after Dan has been teaching and training for all these years, one person claiming something like this would damage his reputation? Wrong. Dan earned his reputation. I think it is solid.

    In fact, even Michael Wright(UK based instructor) in that site email that Cake posted said that Inosanto's list is not exact and that UltimateJKD states he often lets instructors off to do their own thing, which I have heard Vunak saying also amongst others.
    No one has disputed this.

    Another thing that was said that we don't know motivation, this was from an investigator, well funny any investigator would surely ask why somebody was doing something, anytime I ever look at an investigationi n the news. paper, etc, they look at people's motives and behaviours and take an educated guess, if not an informed one but they do deal with motivation.
    Are you talking about Mens Rea? That is dealing with criminal intent. That is way different that why someone would choose not to coment on a student saying they trained with him. There are a thousand reasons, and none of them involve criminal intent. You don't know what you are talking about.

    I'm not going to repeat what I saw, sorry, but I find it amazing that when I added my opinion, then and only then has there been this response, suddenly people are ringing around, sending emails, checking sources, none of this was done at the time when this thread was started though.
    Did you think that maybe it is because no one cares? And the only reason people are doing it now is to try to HELP the thread rather than what you are doing, which is spouting off assumption and hearsay.

    It seems to me, that his claims not withstanding, he has been judged purely on the basis that he used Ebay as an advertising tool
    No, he is selling certification via ebay. The reason the OP asked his question is because Dan travels all over the world training people, so why would he want one of his students simply selling the same material over ebay and then certifying them in the system? His ebay add says that he will certify you in the system just by you sending in a video of performing the techniques.

    If you think that learning an art simply by watching videos and then filming yourself doing those techiniques is a good way to master a system, then fine. But just so you know, that means someone else is trained in the same system you are training in, but they are ranked higher than you are, and they may have never even been to one single class. Whether you like it or not, that reduces the credibility of your system a little, IMO.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  3. maelstromd5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin/Ireland
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 12:52pm


     Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel I figure anybody - misusing someone's else name or system would get them a rebuke, especially if they turned up in front of the system holder in person at one of those seminars, don't you? You also inferred money, if Inosanto isn't listing Almeria because he isn't paying for the privilge that would also suggest Almeria isn't paying anything, so why treat him with respect etc etc when he shows up? Any business would suffer from being tarnised, and would get or warn their clients off - Inosanto hasn't. Why not? Nobody has answered that.

    So he's on EBAY, selling certification, so is a bunch of others - and on Facebook etc. He used a medium that allows him to sell his wares without using a more traditional, costly approach. Well stone him to death for showing a bit of media savvy in the 21st century. BUT I do take your point, if somebody wants to go down that road let them, their choice. That said, that still doesn't mean that Almeria isn't certified himself. I totally agree with what you say though, regarding that type of training, if that's all somebody does and then expects to be competent when they find themselves in a tight spot they'll rue their decision. Since Almeria is promoting the INOSANTO system - and teaching that syllabus you would think - the line holder in order to prevent what you say might occur, would do something about that and root out those NOT qualified to teach, or is that not a reasonable assumption to make? Any other business would.







    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    You thin that, after Dan has been teaching and training for all these years, one person claiming something like this would damage his reputation? Wrong. Dan earned his reputation. I think it is solid.



    No one has disputed this.



    Are you talking about Mens Rea? That is dealing with criminal intent. That is way different that why someone would choose not to coment on a student saying they trained with him. There are a thousand reasons, and none of them involve criminal intent. You don't know what you are talking about.



    Did you think that maybe it is because no one cares? And the only reason people are doing it now is to try to HELP the thread rather than what you are doing, which is spouting off assumption and hearsay.



    No, he is selling certification via ebay. The reason the OP asked his question is because Dan travels all over the world training people, so why would he want one of his students simply selling the same material over ebay and then certifying them in the system? His ebay add says that he will certify you in the system just by you sending in a video of performing the techniques.

    If you think that learning an art simply by watching videos and then filming yourself doing those techiniques is a good way to master a system, then fine. But just so you know, that means someone else is trained in the same system you are training in, but they are ranked higher than you are, and they may have never even been to one single class. Whether you like it or not, that reduces the credibility of your system a little, IMO.
  4. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 1:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    I find it amazing that when I added my opinion, then and only then has there been this response, suddenly people are ringing around, sending emails, checking sources, none of this was done at the time when this thread was started though. And you expect to be taken seriously?
    Look, you're the one who came here and resurrected this thread; the main thing you did that got people talking was bring it to the top of the New Posts section, not posting a mind-blowing expose that rocked the boats. This thread was dead- fallen into the deep Inconclusive file at Bullshido. Most of us don't go through dead threads so they can maybe contribute something, so once nobody posts for a few weeks that's pretty much it. I don't know why Poidog never followed up but he's a busy guy. Its a bunch of volunteers here; nobody's getting paid to do investigations and its not always at the top of the To Do list.

    I wonder if the person who started this thread even went and trained with Almeria? It seems to me, that his claims not withstanding, he has been judged purely on the basis that he used Ebay as an advertising tool.
    That's not correct. He merely used ebay as a medium to state his credentials, and that's what everyone's worrying about. Nobody here cares if someone's selling gis or training knives or whatever on eBay. That was never the problem. Misrepresenting oneself, and selling ranks, are definitely Bullshido though.

    Regarding training, you don't need to train with someone to establish their credentials. In fact, how would training with him show that he trained the SEALs, or that he was in Special Forces? It wouldn't, but fortunately those are things that can be established other ways.
    Last edited by Permalost; 1/09/2013 1:05pm at .
  5. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 1:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Diesel I figure anybody - misusing someone's else name or system would get them a rebuke, especially if they turned up in front of the system holder in person at one of those seminars, don't you?
    Yes, I would think so. That's what I would do, if it were me.

    You also inferred money, if Inosanto isn't listing Almeria because he isn't paying for the privilge that would also suggest Almeria isn't paying anything, so why treat him with respect etc etc when he shows up? Any business would suffer from being tarnised, and would get or warn their clients off - Inosanto hasn't. Why not? Nobody has answered that.
    When I said "money" I was giving one scenerio. The reason that I didn't give other answers is because I could probably list a hundred scenerios. All of them unfounded, and I didn't want to do that. But if you really want me to go that route, I can but this thread will be pages long, and still not solve any issues.

    So he's on EBAY, selling certification, so is a bunch of others - and on Facebook etc.
    And we have investigated a bunch of them. I personally did one, if you search through the threads, you will see that.

    He used a medium that allows him to sell his wares without using a more traditional, costly approach. Well stone him to death for showing a bit of media savvy in the 21st century.
    Distance learning programs would be media savvy for the 21st century. A lot of colleges are doing them. But just selling a certification on ebay, is not savvy. Anyone can do that.

    Since Almeria is promoting the INOSANTO system - and teaching that syllabus you would think - the line holder in order to prevent what you say might occur, would do something about that and root out those NOT qualified to teach, or is that not a reasonable assumption to make?
    And that is one of the things that seems really weird to me. So I can go buy the DVDs from eBay and get my Cert in the mail. And then teach the Inosanto system here in my area. Having never seen ANY instructor, and Inosanto is cool with that? Based on your logic, that answer is not only YES, but that he MUST know about it and be encouraging it.

    Also, his claims about teaching SEAL team 6 and special forces. I seriously doubt that he taught SEAL team 6, their combatives system. But if that is true, and Inosanto DOES aprove of this program, the ****, we all should quit our schools, and just buy this program from eBay.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  6. maelstromd5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin/Ireland
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 1:57pm


     Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa, Permalost, ok I take your point. However I generally do check out people and I did with my instructors. I see how they teach and how they run their schools etc. All I would say on that- if he is a teacher then why wouldn't he state his credentials. Isn't that what they do? All mine have. Or some do it via Ebay or BlackBelt or whatever. The thread is easily found - I mentioned MY experience. That's not hearsay. The thread was up for two years based on someone's query as to the guy, I stumbled across it and it amused me that in two years nobody has provided a definitive answer. That's a long time to leave an accusation levelled at somebody and that's all I'm saying. Or if you will - the suggestion of one. His military stuff - don't know, don't care. Seems up on his JKD though.
  7. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 2:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly I'd say that the ball was dropped on this one, but seriously, what we have is some questions being asked and no answers provided, by anyone. If that's damning evidence against the guy, then that prospective student isn't reading very carefully.

    Now, what's happening in this thread is me, you, and Diesel are talking in circles without providing any verifiable information. This is really annoying when skimming a thread for actual information instead of hearsay and opinions, so I'm gonna bow out of this one since I'm not adding facts.

    If you want to continue, contact Dan, Joaquin, and/or the military.
  8. maelstromd5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin/Ireland
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:31pm


     Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough Permalost, I can't ask the US military, I'm Irish, they'll probably tell me to get lost. My instructor might be bringing Almeria over in the Summer for a Seminar, I'll ask him there. He's talking about it. Chilli could possibly ask Inosanto at his seminar? I'm being serious not poking fun. I won't see Inosanto until he returns to Valencia in November. I'd prefer to ask the questions face to face, speaking for myself. He is on Facebook under his own name for your own informaton and he does have a more detailed bio there, I don't know if that helps, perhaps you could check it. All I can say is - I saw him and Guro Dan at this seminar, Guro Dan had no problem with him there, that's good enough for me as far as JKD /FMA goes.
  9. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,258

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:35pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Chilli could possibly ask Inosanto at his seminar?
    That's my plan, if I don't hear back from them first.
  10. maelstromd5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin/Ireland
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:46pm


     Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough Chilli - sorry if it seemed like I was bashing away at you. I'm just confounded as to why Inosanto doesn't clear the matter up himself. Surely it's in his interest to make sure his Art is taught by certified instructors who can themselves certify people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    That's my plan, if I don't hear back from them first.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.