Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 2:37pm

Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel I was googling the guy's name when I found this thread - I had to laugh, you're right, in two years nobody has posted any proof in ANY capacity, yet anybody reading what ye's had posted might come to the wrong conclusion about Almeria. Is that not a reasonable thought? I don't know either, It's seems very confusing. Oh somebody phoned, sure he did. Read Cake's post and see how Sima couldn't even answer a question on Paul Vunak!! All I can offer is that I saw the two of together at the seminar and I find that strange. Nobody has answered that, why would the head of his own school/organisation do that? Surely Inosanto knows who he taught and who he didn't and likewise certified - and as for the post by Cake - if you bother to read the full post - somebody called UltimateJKD states he is certified . I mean, Almeria's acting strange, my instructor couldn't afford his fees - so he cut them. Came to Dublin for a Seminar where he could be said to have just about broke even(2011, before I was a member) . What's he in it for? Prestige? And why haven't the Inosanto organisation just said don't train with the guy? In which case what's he doing at Inosanto seminars? I can only go by what I have seen, Diesel. He came across like a humble guy. Broke down the seminar contents for us and went into some detail on them - gave my instructor other material he asked for. You're right about one thing - if this is how ye conduct yourselves then I think ye should just close the thread. Because I have never seen an open investigation that furnishes no proof yet leaves it's accusation hanging in the air for two years, seems a little unfair. Give me an email and I'll post a pic of me and Almeria and my instructor. sure on Inosanto's page he has a pic, not great I might add of the Valencia seminar dated Nov 24th. And we're all in that pic(at least those that were there the two days).

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just found his website:
    http://www.beyondjkd.us/engl/english.htm

Looks like Lazaro Bueno's one of his affiliates. You may recall that he claimed to teach a martial art called Hokuto Shinken:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106552

http://www.hokutoshinken.com/

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Diesel I was googling the guy's name when I found this thread - I had to laugh, you're right, in two years nobody has posted any proof in ANY capacity, yet anybody reading what ye's had posted might come to the wrong conclusion about Almeria. .
    So rather than actually trying to provide proof, you resurect the thread with nothing other than a bunch of stories about you and your instructor.

All I can offer is that I saw the two of together at the seminar and I find that strange. Nobody has answered that, why would the head of his own school/organisation do that?
    Once again, how can we know someone else's motivations? We can't. So that line of quesitons should be dropped.

Surely Inosanto knows who he taught and who he didn't and likewise certified - and as for the post by Cake - if you bother to read the full post - somebody called UltimateJKD states he is certified .
    And someone else said he isn't. Thus no real information. Yes, I read the whole thing.

I mean, Almeria's acting strange, my instructor couldn't afford his fees - so he cut them. Came to Dublin for a Seminar where he could be said to have just about broke even(2011, before I was a member) . What's he in it for? Prestige? And why haven't the Inosanto organisation just said don't train with the guy? In which case what's he doing at Inosanto seminars?
    Again you are trying to assume what other people are thining. Please stop doing that. It accompishes nothing.

I can only go by what I have seen, Diesel. He came across like a humble guy. Broke down the seminar contents for us and went into some detail on them - gave my instructor other material he asked for.
    My instructor is humble, he breaks down content well for me, and he gives me material that I ask for. What does that mean? Only that he is competent in my opinion. Still not relevant.

You're right about one thing - if this is how ye conduct yourselves then I think ye should just close the thread.
    We leave threads open so that people can post if they get information that is relevant. Not so that people can revive them, just to complain about the fact that no one has posted anything relevant while also not posting anything relevant.

Because I have never seen an open investigation that furnishes no proof yet leaves it's accusation hanging in the air for two years, seems a little unfair.
    Life sucks sometimes.

Give me an email and I'll post a pic of me and Almeria and my instructor. sure on Inosanto's page he has a pic, not great I might add of the Valencia seminar dated Nov 24th. And we're all in that pic(at least those that were there the two days)
    No one cares who you train with. No one is questioning your certs. No one is questioning your opinions. Facts is what people want to know. If you want your own thread to post all of your own informaiton and opinions in, go start one.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel, this site posted the thread, I'm entitled to my opinion, you haven't answered anything. I saw how the two of them interacted with each other, very respectfully, I think that's relevant, it would appear that they have a good relationship, ortherwise why would Inosanto acknowledge a fraud, that would lend him credibility. Why would he let him assist at a seminar? Especially if he was not qualified. Leave everything esle out and answer that, that has to be unheard of. I've certainly never heard of it. I have seen instructors from oher associations barred from seminars here in Ireland over poltics/etc. So again I ask. if he's a fraud, why would Guro Dan not expose him as such. He has had ample opportunity. Very strange to have somebody out there promoting your system, claiming to teach your syllabus and not putting a stop to it. That would be very damaging. And then to stand face to face with the guy and say nothing? Motivations? What could possibly motivate that? Well I THINK that's strange. Has to be a first in my book.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this site posted the thread, I'm entitled to my opinion, you haven't answered anything.
    More accurately, Poidog posted this thread. He's one of the Dog Brothers and a hell of a good guy, who saw something shady in the arts he's loved and bled for. And the red flags he mentioned are absolutely worth looking into. I'm interested in his SF credentials and military background more than what may or may not have happened with Dan Inosanto.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 4:11pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel, this site posted the thread, I'm entitled to my opinion, you haven't answered anything. I saw how the two of them interacted with each other, very respectfully, I think that's relevant, it would appear that they have a good relationship, ortherwise why would Inosanto acknowledge a fraud, that would lend him credibility. Why would he let him assist at a seminar? Especially if he was not qualified. Leave everything esle out and answer that, that has to be unheard of. I've certainly never heard of it. I have seen instructors from oher associations barred from seminars here in Ireland over poltics/etc. So again I ask. if he's a fraud, why would Guro Dan not expose him as such. He has had ample opportunity. Very strange to have somebody out there promoting your system, claiming to teach your syllabus and not putting a stop to it. That would be very damaging. And then to stand face to face with the guy and say nothing? Motivations? What could possibly motivate that? Well I THINK that's strange. Has to be a first in my book.
    Money.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 4:45pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel, this site posted the thread, I'm entitled to my opinion, you haven't answered anything. I saw how the two of them interacted with each other, very respectfully, I think that's relevant, it would appear that they have a good relationship
    Maelstrom: You've made your point. You've decided that "the site" somehow implied that Almeria is "a fraud." No one actually mentioned fraud before you did. And "the site" didn't say anything. A few concerned members raised questions (several of which seem quite legitimate). Do you endorse the practice of certifying someone as an instructor in a martial art after they have completed 36 weekly correspondence lessons? If so, I suggest that your judgment is not exactly something that discerning martial artists or students ought to rely upon regarding any issue of any significance.

In any case, calm down. The thread was dormant for the past year and a half and contained virtually nothing other than reports of Almeria's own advertising along with expressions of skepticism from a few people concerning some of his public claims. It is now augmented by your several-times-repeated claims about what Dan Inosanto's motivations *must* be and not be based on an extremely superficial acquaintance with him, accompanied by some pulled-from-nowhere idle speculation about what certain people may possibly have done in the military.

If you have *evidence* regarding Mr. Almeria's military service or martial arts qualifications, please feel free to provide it. If you don't, you have amply aired your opinions, feelings, theories, and airy musings on the subject. Please read the "stickies" on what kind of posting is welcome in this particular forum. I expect moderator intervention to occur if you don't confine yourself to posting according to the rules of the forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair point Permalost, I have no idea - I did indulge in some speculation there - but to be honest - I haven't the foggiest, he does have a Facebook page under his own name and he gives a lot more on that, which is why I won't comment further on that. I thought it might have been something else. So if you go there maybe you can see something as a means of checking that out, he says on it he was in Baghdad, contractor? I have to add here - I am not a fan of Almeria. I don't agree with his Dillman stuff. I have a Silat instructor who hates Dillman, is a scientist and has spent hours debunking Dillman. I just don't see how going after a guy is good based, seemingly, in part, because he advertises on Ebay. And I find it really strange that any business - like the one Inosanto is running, and it is, would tolerate somebody representing them and teaching the Inosanto syllabus without sueing them into the ground. I met him once, saw him in the company of his teacher.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel - damage to reputation would outweigh monetary gain. Don't you think?

Chuck - this part of the site seems to concern itself with exactly that. I quite agree with what you say about correspondance instructors in the main, although I disagree on one point in that, Ireland is not exactly a font of MA diversity, and has forced some I know to deal with long distance instructors do some of that long distance learning. However, when they grade - they grade in person. Or the instructor comes here and grades them.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 6:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair point Permalost, I have no idea - I did indulge in some speculation there - but to be honest - I haven't the foggiest, he does have a Facebook page under his own name and he gives a lot more on that, which is why I won't comment further on that. I thought it might have been something else. So if you go there maybe you can see something as a means of checking that out, he says on it he was in Baghdad, contractor?
    Poidog said this:

Besides the obvious mail order "kali filipino martial arts Instructor certification" shennaniganery, the description on the eBay page really threw up some red flags for me. He claims to have "served in Iraq with the special forces." He also claims [sic] "The System which he taught to the Navy SEAL 6 Team while he was working in Baghdad, Iraq and Kali Silat the indigenous deadly arts of the knife."

to break that down, the claims are:
    -taught kali to SEAL Team 6
    -sells mail order FMA certification
    -served Special Forces in Iraq

That's a whole lot more than being a contractor in Baghdad.

I have to add here - I am not a fan of Almeria. I don't agree with his Dillman stuff. I have a Silat instructor who hates Dillman, is a scientist and has spent hours debunking Dillman. I just don't see how going after a guy is good based, seemingly, in part, because he advertises on Ebay.
    His eBay issue is apparently he sells rank certification through eBay. I decided to check eBay since this is an old thread. Here's some stuff I found:

background: "After 20 years of training in JKD directly under Dan Inosanto, Sifu Joaquim Almeria received the coveted Instructor Certification in Jeet Kune Do and Kali from Dan Inosanto. Sifu Almeria is one of the few to have had the privilege to teach at the Inosanto Academy. Until not long ago he had his own class. He is also a 6 Dan (shihan) under George Dillman in the art and science of pressure point fighting (Kyusho/Dim Mak) he has made this technology part of his amazing system of real life combat. He served in Iraq with the special forces."

from this page:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JKD-KALI-Con...item416fcad642

Note he says he trained with Dan 20 years and taught at the academy. Is it true? I dunno.

Here he is with Dan on the cover of one of his DVDs:

and teaching the Inosanto system:

Is Dan okay with this? I don't know.

On eBay now, there are no rank certifications available through him; only these videos and one about trapping. So it seems that the only question about his video sales are if Dan is okay with his heavy representation in these videos. For all I know they're friends and Dan gets a cut.

I find it really strange that any business - like the one Inosanto is running, and it is, would tolerate somebody representing them and teaching the Inosanto syllabus without sueing them into the ground. I met him once, saw him in the company of his teacher.
    Well Inosanto has spent most of his MA career teaching Jeet Kune Do, so I'll bet decades ago he learned that you can't weed out every Tom, Dick and Harry claiming to teach "Bruce Lee's martial art". Also, there have been others, on Bullshido, who have had fake Inosanto certs without the Inosanto clan's knowledge. I'm not saying anything either way except that Inosanto can't police the world for use of his extremely popular name.

So to update in a simple way, his claims in question are:
    -Was Almeria a SEAL, and/or Special Forces?
    -Did he teach kali to Seal Team 6?
    -Was he Dan Inosanto's student for 20 years, and did he teach at the academy?

These are questions that can be solved by consulting military records and by consulting Dan Inosanto.
    Last edited by Permalost; 1/08/2013 6:32pm at .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast